NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 01-28-2023, 02:57 PM
James M.

Default Forgotten Bands/Artists/Groups That You Love?

I use the term "Forgotten" loosely, in a way that they are no longer in the consciousness of the mainstream audiences of America. Across genre's I feel for every band or artist, that has transcended time, there are many, many more that don't get as much love.

One of my favorites, that doesn't get nearly enough love is the band, Poco. Songs like Call it Love, Crazy Love and Heart of The Night, are excellent in my opinion.

Who are your favorite bands, artists or groups that you don't see too many people talking about nowadays?

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:02 PM
Al Wright

Saw Poco back in the '70's in NYC. Opened the show with "Kind Woman", spectacular!
Old 01-28-2023, 03:13 PM
Bob C.

Hawkwind!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2023, 03:44 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

The Squeeze from the late 70's and 80's and they were consider New Wave or Post Punk

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-28-2023, 04:43 PM
Murr the Blurr

New York Dolls. Dean & The Weenies.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:22 PM

Default Forgotten

Badfinger, Simple Minds- Trent King
Old 01-28-2023, 06:34 PM
Rob

I saw The Squeeze at McAlister Auditorium in the mid 80's. Here's another, Portland band, Seafood Mama.

By the way, the famous actor, Michael Jordan is hosting SNL tonight. There is also another guy called Michael Jordan who played basketball a long time ago.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:50 PM
Chris Eberhart

Sooooooo many….oh so many….off the top of my head:

Dust
Leafhound
Atomic Rooster
Sir Lord Baltimore
Damnation of Adam Blessing
Humble Pie
Rory Gallagher
Mahogany Rush
Bakerloo
Montrose
Cactus
Coven
Ramatam
Uriah Heep
Lucifer’s Friend
Nazz
Blue Cheer
MC5
Back Street Crawler
Free
It’s a Beautiful Day
Old 01-29-2023, 12:42 AM

The Cult
Dread Zeppelin
Cyprus Hill
Huey Lewis and the News
Def Leppard
Old 01-29-2023, 01:18 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hawkwind!!!!!!!!!
Lemmy's first band!!! I like 'Spirit of the Age' and "Quark, Strangeness and Charm". I saw Dave Brock and Alan Davey play a small club in Somerville, MA in 1989.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 01-29-2023, 01:20 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
The Squeeze from the late 70's and 80's and they were consider New Wave or Post Punk
Their first album was quite good. I like 'Take Me I'm Yours'. I saw them just after Jools left the band in the early 1980's. Patti Austin does a great version of "Another Nail in (for) my Heart".

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 01-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Mel Quatt.lebaum

Bread, luckily Alexa finds them for me.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:21 AM

Johnny Winter
Old 01-30-2023, 08:52 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Sweet! Or, if you prefer, THE Sweet!
Old 01-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The Sweet, yeah, baby, good stuff.

My entry: Mary's Danish

They were this alt band from LA that had two female lead singers and the really bad luck to sign with a terrible label (Morgan Creek) that put no money into them and had no promotional chops at all but refused to release them from their contract. it basically choked the band to death. if you can find it, they have a great live EP called "Experience (Live + Foxy Lady)"

https://web.archive.org/web/20070303...e-record/6744/

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-30-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:22 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Lemmy's first band!!! I like 'Spirit of the Age' and "Quark, Strangeness and Charm". I saw Dave Brock and Alan Davey play a small club in Somerville, MA in 1989.
Exactly? Most people have no clue the idea for the name of the group, Motorhead, actually started out as the song, Motorhead, originally released by Hawkwind, with Lemmy writing it and as the lead singer.

I also got to see them once in Cleveland, at a later version of the Agora Theater. But it was also a later version of the group with one of their zillion different lineups, and really none of the original cast and crew by then, aside from Dave Brock, who is the one long-lasting, founding member of the group that is still performing and running Hawkwind to this day I believe (but performing only in England anymore since the pandemic).

Would have loved to have been able to see them perform with Robert Calvert, and with Stacia dancing.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...164B&FORM=VIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTFeW8FCto

My favorite album was "Warrior on the Edge of Time", with "Hall of the Mountain Gril"l, a close second. My favorite song(s) by them from the "Warrior on the Edge of Time" album was/were "Assault & Battery", which segued as sort of one combined song right into "The Golden Void", the latter being my absolute favorite. From the "Hall of the Moutain Grill" album, I have always loved "Lost Johnny", as probably my second favorite Hawkwind song of all time, behind "The Golden Void", with "Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)" as my second favorite song off their "Hall of the Mountain Grill" album.

Their "The Space Ritual Alive" double album comes in a close third for me, which I believe ended up being their highest charting UK album ever, out of the 64 different albums/compilations they've released, to date. And yes, you read that correctly, 64 total releases so far.

A little trivia. Besides Lemmy, THE legendary Ginger Baker was a one-time member of Hawkwind, and they also collaborated with Eno for a period in the '70s as well. Also, many people know of Stephen Kings' musical interest and his performances with the band, Rock Bottom Remainders. But the King of Horror was nowhere near the first ever well-known author to be a rock performer. Michael Moorcock, a famous and prolific science-fiction/fantasy writer (if you don't believe me, go look him up) also performed with Hawkwind for a time in the '70s and was good friends with members of the group. In fact, in 1976, along with co-author Michael Butterworth, Moorcock released the science fiction/fantasy novel "Time of the Hawklords" based on, around, and including all the then current members of Hawkwind as the main characters of this science-fiction/fantasy book. To my knowledge, it is the first time ANY band was ever made the subject of a true science fiction/fantasy novel, and also not just the first, but also maybe the ONLY band to my knowledge to have ever have that distinction as well. I think I still have my paperback copy buried down somewhere in my storage room.

Meanwhile, for those of you that have still never heard of Hawkwind, and the earlier Stacia and Lemmy video links didn't do it all for you, including the one with Lemmy singer "Silver Machine" (Hawkwind's highest ever charting song in the UK if I remember correctly), here's some other previously mentioned gems you may enjoy and help you get to know them better. They are the founders and creators of what is known as the progressive space rock genre. Not many groups are known and ever truly recognized as the creators of their own musical genre. Unfortunately, YouTube and other online videos do not come close to doing their music justice. To truly appreciate them you need to play their music on original vinyl, with the bass turned up, and the Presence button engaged. (You other old-timers will appreciate and know exactly what I'm talking about!) Enjoy!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&...2E1&ajaxhist=0

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...0ED7803922E7CC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEwmz6YvyI4
Old 01-30-2023, 11:53 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default remember

Traffic
Old 01-30-2023, 11:53 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default remember

the Bus Boys

Last edited by NiceDocter; 01-30-2023 at 11:54 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-31-2023, 12:03 AM
Bob C.

Let me throw one more onto the pile. If you never saw or even got the chance to see "Weird" Al Yankovic perform live, you have no idea what you were/are missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FklUAoZ6KxY
Old 01-31-2023, 12:36 AM

Bob Seger and Steve Miller
Old 01-31-2023, 12:17 PM
D.an Jackso.n

Camper Van Beethoven (David Lowery, predecessor to Cracker-give Take the Skinheads Bowling a spin).
Off Broadway - Full Moon Turn My Head Around, Stay in Time. Great pop rock.
Shooting Star - great hard rock act - more good songs than you think.
Television - great post punk band - See No Evil off of Marquee Moon, a great record.
Zebra - Who's Behind the Door, One More Chance
Old 01-31-2023, 12:21 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

The Good Rats.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:03 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan View Post
Camper Van Beethoven (David Lowery, predecessor to Cracker-give Take the Skinheads Bowling a spin).
Off Broadway - Full Moon Turn My Head Around, Stay in Time. Great pop rock.
Shooting Star - great hard rock act - more good songs than you think.
Television - great post punk band - See No Evil off of Marquee Moon, a great record.
Zebra - Who's Behind the Door, One More Chance
Re: Television - Tom Verlaine passed away on Saturday, January 28. I saw Billy Ficca play with the Waitresses. I also saw Richard Lloyd and Billy Ficca play a show in what was basically an attic in a building in D.C. on April 21, 2009. Richard Lloyd is currently touring, though he's only doing the City Winery in Philly and Boston and a place in Ontario.

Last edited by Michael B; 01-31-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:24 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

[QUOTE=BobC;2309685]

A little trivia. Besides Lemmy, THE legendary Ginger Baker was a one-time member of Hawkwind, and they also collaborated with Eno for a period in the '70s as well. Also, many people know of Stephen Kings' musical interest and his performances with the band, Rock Bottom Remainders. But the King of Horror was nowhere near the first ever well-known author to be a rock performer. Michael Moorcock, a famous and prolific science-fiction/fantasy writer (if you don't believe me, go look him up) also performed with Hawkwind for a time in the '70s and was good friends with members of the group. In fact, in 1976, along with co-author Michael Butterworth, Moorcock released the science fiction/fantasy novel "Time of the Hawklords" based on, around, and including all the then current members of Hawkwind as the main characters of this science-fiction/fantasy book. To my knowledge, it is the first time ANY band was ever made the subject of a true science fiction/fantasy novel, and also not just the first, but also maybe the ONLY band to my knowledge to have ever have that distinction as well. I think I still have my paperback copy buried down somewhere in my storage room.

Arthur Brown (The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - 'Fire) and Lene Lovich (new wave singer - 'New Toy") also played with the band.

To further the trivia: If you watch the video of 'Fire' on youtube from "Top of the Pops" (TOTP) you will see Carl Palmer playing the drums. He did not play on the recording, but joined the band shortly thereafter as an 18 year old.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:08 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Some good knowledge in these posts, Ginger Baker, Arthur Brown, Traffic, etc. I'll throw out Cream, The Band, Buffalo Springfield, and Canned Heat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcb-h8z1uQo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 01-31-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:56 PM
Rob

Y'all are naming some very famous bands. I think Bob Segar is more famous than Michael Jordan, the basketball player. My guess is that their Q ratings would be very similar.

Is this where I put RUSH, YES, and Genesis? Are Phil Collins and Sting still famous? If not, then I'm right about Jordan's waning recognition by the public. The SNL audience did not laugh or seem to understand when they were shown the "Sad Jordan" photo during the monologue.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:11 AM
Bob C.

[QUOTE=Michael B;2309933]
Quote:

Arthur Brown (The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - 'Fire) and Lene Lovich (new wave singer - 'New Toy") also played with the band.

To further the trivia: If you watch the video of 'Fire' on youtube from "Top of the Pops" (TOTP) you will see Carl Palmer playing the drums. He did not play on the recording, but joined the band shortly thereafter as an 18 year old.
Darn you Michael, I was going to save that for a possible follow-up Hawkwind trivia. LOL

You are right though, they used to have Arthur play with the group as part of Hawkwind, and then on other occasions he would perform separately as his own act, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, and open or be on the same bill with them. These guys are all like true throw-backs to the hippie era of the late 60s-early 70s, and were really into festivals and free performances and all that. They still put on their own annual festival called "Hawkfest", the latest one of which was just back in September of last year, and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, was on the bill. I assume they may have a 2023 Hawkfest in the works as well. If you check their site you can see who else was on their 2022 Hawkfest bill, and also that they have a few 2023 concert dates already set up as well. If you go to the site, be sure to check out some of the other groups they've recently played with or are scheduled to play with in 2023. Some definite jogs to the old memory: Curved Air, Soft Machine, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash

http://www.hawkwind.com/
Old 02-01-2023, 01:00 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Darn you Michael, I was going to save that for a possible follow-up Hawkwind trivia. LOL

You are right though, they used to have Arthur play with the group as part of Hawkwind, and then on other occasions he would perform separately as his own act, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, and open or be on the same bill with them. These guys are all like true throw-backs to the hippie era of the late 60s-early 70s, and were really into festivals and free performances and all that. They still put on their own annual festival called "Hawkfest", the latest one of which was just back in September of last year, and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, was on the bill. I assume they may have a 2023 Hawkfest in the works as well. If you check their site you can see who else was on their 2022 Hawkfest bill, and also that they have a few 2023 concert dates already set up as well. If you go to the site, be sure to check out some of the other groups they've recently played with or are scheduled to play with in 2023. Some definite jogs to the old memory: Curved Air, Soft Machine, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash

http://www.hawkwind.com/[/QUOTE]

My brain is a sponge.

Wishbone Ash is doing their 50th Anniversary tour this year. I am going to try and see one of the shows near me so Andy Powell can sign my rock book.

Curved Air - Stuart Copeland was their drummer before he joined The Police. Trivia - Stuart is one of two famous rock drummers born just a few miles from me in Alexandria, VA. The other - Dave Grohl. Eddie Jobson was also a member of Curved Air. I saw him play in the supergroup UK (John Wetton, Alan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford). Copeland, Jobson, Holdsworth and Bruford (twice) have all signed my rock book

Soft Machine - When I was working in the courts up in Mass I did a lot of work in Cambridge. They converted one of the original old buildings in the courthouse complex into offices and a multicultural arts center. In March, 1992 Daevid Allen, founding member of the band, was having a concert there. It was such a casual place I walked in and watched his sound check. He signed my rock book twice, once for Soft Machine and once for Gong. Alan Holdsworth, mentioned above, also played in Gong.

Last edited by Michael B; 02-01-2023 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:14 AM
Bob C.

Quote:

http://www.hawkwind.com/
My brain is a sponge.

Wishbone Ash is doing their 50th Anniversary tour this year. I am going to try and see one of the shows near me so Andy Powell can sign my rock book.

Curved Air - Stuart Copeland was their drummer before he joined The Police. Trivia - Stuart is one of two famous rock drummers born just a few miles from me in Alexandria, VA. The other - Dave Grohl. Eddie Jobson was also a member of Curved Air. I saw him play in the supergroup UK (John Wetton, Alan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford). Copeland, Jobson, Holdsworth and Bruford (twice) have all signed my rock book

Soft Machine - When I was working in the courts up in Mass I did a lot of work in Cambridge. They converted one of the original old buildings in the courthouse complex into offices and a multicultural arts center. In March, 1992 Daevid Allen, founding member of the band, was having a concert there. It was such a casual place I walked in and watched his sound check. He signed my rock book twice, once for Soft Machine and once for Gong. Alan Holdsworth, mentioned above, also played in Gong.[/QUOTE]

I am truly jealous!!!!
Old 02-01-2023, 02:46 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
My brain is a sponge.

Soft Machine - When I was working in the courts up in Mass I did a lot of work in Cambridge. They converted one of the original old buildings in the courthouse complex into offices and a multicultural arts center. In March, 1992 Daevid Allen, founding member of the band, was having a concert there. It was such a casual place I walked in and watched his sound check. He signed my rock book twice, once for Soft Machine and once for Gong. Alan Holdsworth, mentioned above, also played in Gong.
I am truly jealous!!!![/QUOTE]

I have been very fortunate. I was an announcer on college radio 1979-82 at WUMB. I learned about a lot of different music and enjoy many genres. It has allowed me to go to concerts, photograph and meet a broad spectrum of musicians. Scroll through this thread to see some of my photos and read about some encounters. I want to resurrect it, but I need to get at least one new scanner as my old scanner programs (Windows 2000) do not like my new computer with Windows 2011.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=280592

Old 02-01-2023, 06:56 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
Re: Television - Tom Verlaine passed away on Saturday, January 28. I saw Billy Ficca play with the Waitresses. I also saw Richard Lloyd and Billy Ficca play a show in what was basically an attic in a building in D.C. on April 21, 2009. Richard Lloyd is currently touring, though he's only doing the City Winery in Philly and Boston and a place in Ontario.
Wow, had not heard that. Just this past weekend. He and Richard were quite the combo. Originally turned on to Television after being a big fan of Matthew Sweet's first few records, with the first showcasing the lead guitar work of Richard Lloyd. An incredible talent, and even better live as he toured with Matthew for the first two records.
Old 02-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Michael Bales

Boston
Supertramp
ELO
Old 02-01-2023, 08:31 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
The Good Rats.
At Gemini II in Yorktown Heights!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:34 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Let's not forget The Babies!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:48 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
Let's not forget The Babies!
I am guessing you mean The Babys, the British band and not The Babies the NYC band from the mid 2000's.

My The Babys story. In 1977 they had a top 20 hit with "Isn't it Time". One of the rock stations in Boston decided to sponsor a show with Piper and The Babys with tickets for 94¢ (WCOZ 94.5 FM). The show was at the Orpheum, a 2700 seat theatre in downtown Boston. Back then when you got in line to buy tickets you got first shot at the good seats. The first 20 rows had a middle aisle. On the left public sale on the right, radio station giveaways, etc. I was first in line for the sale and got 10 tickets for less than $10 in row 21. They kept all of the seats in first 20 rows for the station to give away. The show was pretty good. Piper was Billy Squier's first big band (2 albums, 2 minor hits). The Babys were good, but they were 5 skinny guys wearing eyeliner. They definitely got some reaction from the non-punk rock crowd. After the show I get up to leave and Roger Taylor from Queen walks right towards me. They were not on tour at the time so I was convinced the man in the black velvet coat with the gold Q on the lapel was someone else. I met Squier years later when he was promoting his acoustic album with bookstore concerts. He told me that Queen was using the Orpheum to rehearse for the "News of the World" Tour and back stage was filled with their equipment.

Old 02-02-2023, 12:52 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
I am guessing you mean The Babys, the British band and not The Babies the NYC band from the mid 2000's.

My The Babys story. In 1977 they had a top 20 hit with "Isn't it Time". One of the rock stations in Boston decided to sponsor a show with Piper and The Babys with tickets for 94¢ (WCOZ 94.5 FM). The show was at the Orpheum, a 2700 seat theatre in downtown Boston. Back then when you got in line to buy tickets you got first shot at the good seats. The first 20 rows had a middle aisle. On the left public sale on the right, radio station giveaways, etc. I was first in line for the sale and got 10 tickets for less than $10 in row 21. They kept all of the seats in first 20 rows for the station to give away. The show was pretty good. Piper was Billy Squier's first big band (2 albums, 2 minor hits). The Babys were good, but they were 5 skinny guys wearing eyeliner. They definitely got some reaction from the non-punk rock crowd. After the show I get up to leave and Roger Taylor from Queen walks right towards me. They were not on tour at the time so I was convinced the man in the black velvet coat with the gold Q on the lapel was someone else. I met Squier years later when he was promoting his acoustic album with bookstore concerts. He told me that Queen was using the Orpheum to rehearse for the "News of the World" Tour and back stage was filled with their equipment.
I figured the poster meant the Babys as well, though there is also a 2000s group known as the Babies.

I saw the Babys, with John Waite, perform at the old Cleveland Agora nightclub in the late 70's (forget the exact date). After the show, my buddy and I went down the street to Swingos restaurant on the ground floor of the Swingos hotel, to get grab a late night snack. We ended up in the booth right next to the entire Babys group. What a bunch of pompous a$$holes! My friend and I couldn't help but feel so bad for the waitresses that had to put up with those jerks and their antics. Swingos was sort of the unofficially designated rock-n-roll hotel of Cleveland.

https://rockandrollroadmap.com/place...like-no-other/
Old 02-02-2023, 07:22 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Yep meant the British Babys.... it was late.. lol

Quote:

Old 02-02-2023, 10:53 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post

One of my favorites, that doesn't get nearly enough love is the band, Poco.
Poco immediately brings to mind another band from the same era, Pure Prairie League.

Successful transactions with:
300dw123, autograf, bn2cardz, buymycards, CobbvLajoie1910, Daves_resale_shop, frankbmd, GoCubsGo32, GoldenAge50s, GrayGhost, Head928, Jayworld, jdl860, jgmp123, kamikidEFFL, larrie804, Leerob538, lharri3600, Lordstan, megalimey, Orioles1954, quinnsryche, Redleg25, rjackson44, Rob D., SAllen2556, scmavl, slantycouch, slipk1068, Smanzari, TCMA, thetruthisouthere, Wolfgang427, yanks12025, ZackS
Old 02-02-2023, 11:08 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I think I would go to one that still is a road trip favorite, The Four Horseman.

The Nobody Said It Was Easy album is a forgotten Rick Rubin produced classic and a great way to get a speeding ticket. I still appreciate the odd sound of Moonshine as it was recorded over the pay phone while the lead singer was serving time in county jail. His tendency for going to jail was the downfall of them on DefJam.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:45 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirbonzig View Post
Boston
ELO
I would disagree with Boston and ELO. You'll almost always here the former on Classic Rock Radio, the latter I feel got a small revival after a couple of songs were featured in Marvel films. But I can see your point with ELO. Jeff Lynne, eternally underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Poco immediately brings to mind another band from the same era, Pure Prairie League.
Every once in a while, Amy pops up on the Radio and I feel a little happier!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:28 PM

I think the Gratefull Dead are becoming forgotten. I don't think I've heard one of their songs on the radio in the last 5 years, and I mainly listen to classic rock stations.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:06 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirbonzig View Post
Boston
Supertramp
ELO
Love them

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards