NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Will Jaimet contact info

Hello, my name is Will Jaimet. For those of you who don’t know me or Heroes of Sport you can ignore this post. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Heroes of Sport products we created and distributed please feel free to text at 503-351-0139, or email me at willjaimet@gmail.com.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with some of you.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willjaimet View Post
Hello, my name is Will Jaimet. For those of you who don’t know me or Heroes of Sport you can ignore this post. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Heroes of Sport products we created and distributed please feel free to text at 503-351-0139, or email me at willjaimet@gmail.com.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with some of you.
What type of sports products did you create?
Old 02-02-2023, 08:16 AM
pete ullman

https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/
Old 02-02-2023, 12:52 PM
St@n Go.len

Lol, um, Leon just delete this now before it inevitably turns into a shitshow

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2023, 02:36 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Popcorn anyone?
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:27 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Will,

What is your angle or motivation to come here and begin your postings of the information you are displaying?

What are your expectations?

I don't have a dog in the fight but where is the motivation of your posts coming from?

I believe this is a fair question and deserves a fair response.

Butch Turner

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:37 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Are you here to try to pump another sh*tty repack that likely has trimmed cards in it?
Old 02-02-2023, 03:41 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I'll just put this here...

635. Slapnickerhappy (also Slapnick Comedy) (eponym)
The group demeanor of net54 members anytime an obvious scam jockey shows up and laughably thinks he can swindle the collectors here without everyone exposing him.

See also: A Show of Farce - a thread started to allow everyone to point out what a clown the scammer is.

See also: Acupuncturbulence - members systematically poking holes in this idiot’s claims.

See also: F*ck-It Brigade - the members all lining up to join the fray and pour crap on the scammer.

See also: Splat Personality - when this offender tries to pretend he is not the very person everyone in the thread is referring to, and his attempt fails miserably.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:45 PM
James M.

2023 shaping up to be a hell of a year, with some of these posts early on! I'll grab the popcorn!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:56 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
2023 shaping up to be a hell of a year, with some of these posts early on! I'll grab the popcorn!
I will grab the butter and salt for the popcorn and grab the nachos

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 02-02-2023, 04:34 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Kind of like

The junk email and faxes you get saying some guy died in Africa with your last name and the attorney is trying to distribute 12 million dollars to someone if you could just get him your account number and a small fee. 99.9% of us think it’s crazy and no one would ever fall for it….. and meanwhile some guy is getting rich off the 0.1% that do!
Old 02-02-2023, 08:52 PM
Fred

Just mind boggling how people keep seem to be around to to screw the collecting public again and again. But what's on most people's mind is "how's Boomo doing?"

What are the odds that Will will be back to answer questions?
Old 02-02-2023, 09:24 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Just mind boggling how people keep seem to be around to to screw the collecting public again and again. But what's on most people's mind is "how's Boomo doing?"

Thankfully, I'm not most people. Provided that's not a typo, who the hell is Boomo?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 02-02-2023, 09:44 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Thankfully, I'm not most people. Provided that's not a typo, who the hell is Boomo?
Watch the video. Boomo makes his appearance around 2:13.

https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/
Old 02-02-2023, 10:44 PM
Chase

I thought I recognized the name. Here are all the threads on Blowout showing what contributions Will has made to the hobby:

https://www.blowoutforums.com/search...rchid=46756288

Oh yeah...welcome aboard Will.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:00 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Posts like this make the imagination run wild. Wondering if a plea deal was struck whereby, he has to seek out those he has harmed and provide restitution in exchange for reduced or no jail time. What better way to show proof you've done that than posting on public forums. Whatever the case, this and his other recent posts are certainly bizarre.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 02-03-2023, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
Will,

What is your angle or motivation to come here and begin your postings of the information you are displaying?

What are your expectations?

I don't have a dog in the fight but where is the motivation of your posts coming from?

I believe this is a fair question and deserves a fair response.

Butch Turner
Butch,

Thank you for your email, I appreciate the structure and kindness in your tone.

My company was torn to the ground unfairly and I decided that I would give all the trolls/haters a chance to speak directly to me. I bought back every card that anyone wasn’t happy with. I just wanted to make sure that there isn’t anyone out there who felt wronged by me, so I will have the opportunity to make it right. There isn’t 1 person who can say that Will Jaimet has screwed then out of one dime.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
What type of sports products did you create?
Hello Ben,

We made a kid to high end series of unopened box products. There is a ton on YouTube from the last. Just beware of the hit piece done by sportscard radio. It’s pretty boring and not backed by facts. Sportscard Radio is in big trouble. Have a wonderful day sir.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
Are you here to try to pump another sh*tty repack that likely has trimmed cards in it?
Notfast,

Can you elaborate as to what was shit*y about the products I poured my heart and sole into? It would be nearly impossible to create a repack product with graded cards that a few people might not be happy with. I don’t have plans of bringing Heroes products back in the near future but ya never know. Feel free to call me to discuss. Enjoy your day, we only have so many left.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:34 AM
Banned

That is one heck of a want list! I remember when my buddy Mike Goldberg was trying to convince me to buy a Gehrig exhibit before they exploded. I’ve always kicked myself for not listening to him! Good luck with your pursuit of your collection.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Hello,

Define a scam to me, and how that equates to me please. I never really knew Boomo. David Gelfman was who I dealt with in the early days of Heroes. He was easy to deal with and seemed nice.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I thought I recognized the name. Here are all the threads on Blowout showing what contributions Will has made to the hobby:

https://www.blowoutforums.com/search...rchid=46756288

Oh yeah...welcome aboard Will.
Thank you Chase.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Posts like this make the imagination run wild. Wondering if a plea deal was struck whereby, he has to seek out those he has harmed and provide restitution in exchange for reduced or no jail time. What better way to show proof you've done that than posting on public forums. Whatever the case, this and his other recent posts are certainly bizarre.
Hi, I was never charged with any charges or arrested for anything relating to business. I was arrested for getting into an altercation with my brother for personal reasons though. If you have any more questions feel free to give me a shout.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:05 AM
Banned

Default Will Jaimet contact info

Hey Will,

In the blowout forums there are a significant number of cards that have been found out to have been altered by you.

Baseball Cards Trimmed by Heroes of Sport Owner Will Jaimet and Sold via PWCC
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I’d image that is just the tip of the iceberg. Can you please provided us a list of all the remaining other cards that you have trimmed or altered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dragonwagon9080; 02-03-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwagon9080 View Post
Hey Will,

In the blowout forums there are a significant number of cards that have been found out to have been altered by you.

Baseball Cards Trimmed by Heroes of Sport Owner Will Jaimet and Sold via PWCC
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I’d image that is just the tip of the iceberg. Can you please provided us a list of all the remaining other cards that you have trimmed or altered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, I don’t have such a list. I’ve bought and sold lots of graded cards over the years.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:36 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The charges against you are not idle gossip or vague, they are very, very specific. If you are trying to reshape your image or do damage control, you have to address them specifically. Calling SCR boring and saying it's untrue without getting into any specifics is not going to work with anyone who doesn't already cover their eyes and deny the mountains of evidence in the alteration scandals.

SCR is reporting the Blowout threads, and your arrest records. The publicly available evidence seems to indicate you were indeed convicted of unlawful use of a weapon in an assault incident, and then obstruction of justice twice for cursing at the judge. The trimming allegations come from Blowout, where the accusation is not simply a suspicion or somebody unhappy with your repack product. There are 20 pages of before and after images of cards your eBay account was buying untrimmed, and then being sold trimmed in just one of the threads alone. Many of these cards are uniquely serial numbered, making it difficult to argue there is a conspiracy and they are different cards in actual fact.

As much as I find SCR obnoxious and clickbaity, they're information seems to check out. Court records and photographic evidence and links to the buying and selling of these specific trimmed cards is not evidence that one can simply brush off. A real explanation is needed if you intend to contend that these things are untrue.

When the accusers provide a pile of documentary evidence, government records, and photographs, you can't credibly just say it's untrue. You have to explain how this evidence is wrong or misleading. If you cannot seriously address the charges, it only makes one look even guiltier. What specific charges did SCR make that you claim are false? How do you explain the mountains of untrimmed serial numbered cards you bought that kept leaving your possession trimmed? I understand that it can't be fun to have these things out there about oneself, but nobody else is going to have the emotions you do - an effective defense must tackle the actual evidence instead of just brushing it off as if it doesn't exist.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Hello, I don’t have such a list. I’ve bought and sold lots of graded cards over the years.
There is no registration on file for the member you responded to. Therefore, he/she is banned until the (lack of) registration is addressed. Every now and then one of these is on my end, but it's kind of rare. We'll see.
Busy day today...
I can be reached at leon@net54baseball.com

Last edited by Leon; 02-03-2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:12 AM
Banned

Too much text. Please rewrite in bullet point format and I will respond.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:17 AM
Fred

Quote:
Hello,

Define a scam to me, and how that equates to me please. I never really knew Boomo. David Gelfman was who I dealt with in the early days of Heroes. He was easy to deal with and seemed nice.
The word "scam" was never brought up in my post. My post was more about how people keep returning to screw people over again and again. I don't understand how this happens. If there is evidence that wrong doing was done in the past, then why do people keep going back for more?

Please see post 26 of this thread. That's a great starting point.

Edited to add - the Boomo thing was a joke because it was part of the video and it seemed funny to me.

Last edited by Fred; 02-03-2023 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:28 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Too much text. Please rewrite in bullet point format and I will respond.
That's what I thought lol. Can't tackle the evidence at all.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
That's what I thought lol. Can't tackle the evidence at all.
Very good at avoiding the direct questions. That always instills confidence in ones innocence.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:43 AM
Banned

Fair enough, sorry I was busy when I came across that post and was hoping to get the cliff notes version. Lots of text doesn’t always equate to intelligence. I will respond before the end of the night.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Fair enough, sorry I was busy when I came across that post and was hoping to get the cliff notes version. Lots of text doesn’t always equate to intelligence. I will respond before the end of the night.
... 361 words IS the Cliff Notes. The charges against you and the supporting evidence in their entirety account for many thousands, there are so many of them.

I freely admit to being a complete idiot, so that line don't work well. I'm sure intelligent individuals can read 361 words summarizing many many thousands for them. Instilling lots of confidence in your innocence.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
... 361 words IS the Cliff Notes. The charges against you and the supporting evidence in their entirety account for many thousands, there are so many of them.

I freely admit to being a complete idiot, so that line don't work well. I'm sure intelligent individuals can read 361 words summarizing many many thousands for them. Instilling lots of confidence in your innocence.
Don't get me wrong because his posts are the funniest stuff I have seen on here in a very long time. BUT I believe he said all anyone needs to know about him in his first post.

Seriously what more than this is needed. Nothing was ever sold as “not altered”. You can't make up better stuff than that.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:40 PM
Peter Spaeth

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I'd like to hear Will's take on whether PSA is just really bad at finding alterations, or if PSA has or had arrangements with certain submitters where they will overlook them.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:47 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default make your own joke here please

Can you elaborate as to what was shit*y about the products I poured my heart and sole into?
Old 02-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
Can you elaborate as to what was shit*y about the products I poured my heart and sole into?
You just have no appreciation for the amount of effort that goes into manufacturing something.

Old 02-03-2023, 03:07 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Don't get me wrong because his posts are the funniest stuff I have seen on here in a very long time. BUT I believe he said all anyone needs to know about him in his first post.

Seriously what more than this is needed. Nothing was ever sold as “not altered”. You can't make up better stuff than that.
You ain't wrong
Old 02-03-2023, 03:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

The Scandal presented such a nice opportunity to clean up the hobby some. OH well.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:17 PM
Banned

Hello,

First off, I apologize for not originally taking the time to read this. I just sat down and here are my thoughts.

My main issue with SCR is that they never reached out for comment. I believe you need to give someone the decency to respond. Maybe I’m wrong but that is how I feel.

Every single card or piece of memorabilia I’ve ever sold that someone wasn’t happy with for whatever reason I gave a no questions asked refund. And I will continue to do the same.

As far as my legal issues go, I take full responsibilities for my actions. if you want to know more details on it I will probably explain it on a podcast at some point. If you’d like to discuss it in person or on the phone I’d be open to that. Thanks again for your post.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Banned

I believe it cleaned up the vintage market tremendously. Modern I don’t.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:27 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Notfast,

Can you elaborate as to what was shit*y about the products I poured my heart and sole into? It would be nearly impossible to create a repack product with graded cards that a few people might not be happy with. I don’t have plans of bringing Heroes products back in the near future but ya never know. Feel free to call me to discuss. Enjoy your day, we only have so many left.
So did it have cards you trimmed in it?
Old 02-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Peter Spaeth

I certainly hope you are right, but I'm not sure why that would be, given that the clear import is that there are no consequences.

Old 02-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Hello,

First off, I apologize for not originally taking the time to read this. I just sat down and here are my thoughts.

My main issue with SCR is that they never reached out for comment. I believe you need to give someone the decency to respond. Maybe I’m wrong but that is how I feel.

Every single card or piece of memorabilia I’ve ever sold that someone wasn’t happy with for whatever reason I gave a no questions asked refund. And I will continue to do the same.

As far as my legal issues go, I take full responsibilities for my actions. if you want to know more details on it I will probably explain it on a podcast at some point. If you’d like to discuss it in person or on the phone I’d be open to that. Thanks again for your post.
So to be clear, the allegations were in fact true. Your objection is that SCR didn't reach out to comment (and presumably the personal insults and less than professional way they wrote it, I totally understand that), and that if a buyer caught the fraud and realized you had trimmed the card, you refunded them. Is this your position?

If so, do you think buying cards, trimming them, getting them into slabs, and selling them as high grade was a wrong thing to do?
Old 02-03-2023, 07:49 PM
Fred

To be clear, is the OP indicating that he's admitted to:

• trimming cards
  • submitting trimmed/altered cards for grading to PSA (or other recognized TPG)
  • received numerical grades for the cards from TPGs and placed those cards in the product that he sold

Has there been an admission to ANY of those "allegations" by the OP?
Old 02-04-2023, 03:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
So to be clear, the allegations were in fact true. Your objection is that SCR didn't reach out to comment (and presumably the personal insults and less than professional way they wrote it, I totally understand that), and that if a buyer caught the fraud and realized you had trimmed the card, you refunded them. Is this your position?

If so, do you think buying cards, trimming them, getting them into slabs, and selling them as high grade was a wrong thing to do?
I am going to think on my answer to this post. I will respond to it in the next 24 hrs.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:29 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
I am going to think on my answer to this post. I will respond to it in the next 24 hrs.
If it takes you 24 hours to decide whether trimming cards, getting them into graded slabs, and selling them without disclosing is wrong, then you've already answered the question.

(and it's a felony, by the way)
Old 02-04-2023, 10:33 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

You are either are or are not guilty of the charges made against you by the Blowout detectives and reported by SCR. The evidence is so overwhelming that you can’t even say you didn’t do it.

I get it, SCR is incredibly immature and unprofessional and included personal insults in their “reporting”. But if the claims to fact are all true, and it appears not even you can attempt to explain away the massive amount of evidence supporting them, then what are you trying to accomplish? You’re clearly guilty. It’s a pretty forgiving world, people who cop to it and go through the ritual of saying they were wrong and apologizing tend to get many people back into their corner or at least not against them. Dodging the issue entirely while bringing it up never flies though. You either did or did not trim these cards, get them into higher slabs, and defraud people by presenting them as if they were not altered. It’s not a hard question. You know the answer immediately, it doesn’t take 24 hours.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

I would much rather know if Will had any dealings with PSA suggesting they were knowingly slabbing altered cards.

Old 02-04-2023, 02:58 PM
Jeff H

Quote:

If it takes a person 24 hours to respond to a question involving their honesty or integrity, I'm certain that I don't want to deal with them.
Closed Thread