NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Mark T

I have been using this snipe service for a while now. I have been telling people to use it also.

My question is...i logged on to gavelsnipe and it told me my Ebay password has been changed and i have to update it with gavelsnipe or i can't use the service, i did not change my Ebay password recently.

I logged on my Ebay account and its the same password i have had and no message from Ebay about a password change. Has anyone else received this warning from Gavelsnipe?

Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Jim Dale

Most likely its a setting on your system blocking cookies, pop ups or something of that nature. I've been using it since I learned about it here and had no problems.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

but its the same settings i have been using for months.

Just to make sure i changed my password for Ebay and Paypal. Now i have to change my gavelsnipe to update it. I have heard some snipe services have been used to gain access to someones Ebay account so i was a bit worried.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

I try and log in with my Ebay account and new password and it say invalid name or password. go figure...

Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: CN

I just recieved the same message today. CN

Old 08-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Gavelsnipe contacted me when they heard about my post on Net54 and they know what the problem is. They have great service and i am all set now.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Ralph

This must be a new sniping service as I have never heard of it.Do they have fees? If so what is the fee rates? I use a different one but if the rates are lower might as well change.Thanks for the info

Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

It is free, never been charged because of the ads i think. I have used it 50-60 times in the past with no problems. The only thing is they only allow last 10 seconds for bid to be entered. I think they offer a premium service for a fee which may allow a 5 second bid.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Max Weder

Mark

I am now using gavelsnipe, and I have my bidding time set under 10 seconds, which gavelsnipe seems to be using. I can't seem to find any information on a premium site on their website.

Max

Old 08-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Yes, i don't see a premium service either for gavelsnipe. Its just free i guess.

I could have sworn that in the area you change the seconds only allows 10 but i will check that out.

Edited to say: Yes you are correct, i just entered 8 seconds and it is now set. I wonder if 5 seconds would be better?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

I'm not sure I would rely on the servers with a 5 second buffer; I have seen some of my 8 second snipes go off with six seconds left. The only reason to be that short is if someone had manual snipes set at different amounts, and was hitting the refresh screen as time was running out. If someone is that nimble with the keyboard, I think they deserve to get their snipe in

Max

Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Jim Dale

works for me....I've used it for at least 40 wins so far

Had no trouble with the username password thing like the others - glad to hear they got too it - pretty good for a 100% Free service.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Mike

Question: Will gavelsnipe go past the reserve if there is one. So if no one else bids the reserve you will. Thanks

Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Mike

Gavelsnipe and all the other programs execute bids in the same fashion as if the bid was placed manually. So the answer to your question is no.

Max

Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Dave Haas

Used it last nite and won 2 of 3 auctions. Works great, saves time and sleep.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Posted By: Jim VB

Mike,

From the gavelsnipe FAQ-

Q-Will GavelSnipe keep bidding until a reserve is met or just until it outbids the current high bidder?

A-GavelSnipe will keep bidding until the bid meets the reserve amount. From there it will win the auction at the lowest price possible below your maximum bid.

From me-

They say they do, but I don't see how they can. You can preset your timing from 20 seconds before close (default) all the way down to as little as 5 seconds before. At the shorter durations, there would be no time for them to get notified that you were under reserve and then rebid. At 20 seconds, maybe then.

For the record, I have had two times where they did not execute my snipe. Once they said "Ebay member name or password error" and once they said "Ebay network error." Both times they were in a string of 4-6 bids in a couple of minutes and the bid they missed was in the middle. They executed snipes a minute before and a minute after each failed snipe. They are looking into it, but have not yet explained what happened.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default Gavelsnipe.com ?

Jim

Here's how I understand it works with reserves.

Say reserve is $500

Say high bidder is $75

If your snipe is $100 and high bid, your snipe would win the bid at $76 but wouldn't meet reserve. This is the same as if you manually sniped.

If your snipe is $600 and high bid, the snipe would win the bid at $500, meeting the reserve.

In the first instance, if you would want to rebid if you didn't meet the reserve with your first bid, then sniping isn't for you. I always bid the maximum I am prepared to pay; if my snipe doesn't meet the reserve, the reserve price was too high for me.

Max