NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-25-2019, 06:14 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Default The doctoring plague, REA and things that make you go hmm...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1334583

Seems like REA at least done the right thing...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:29 PM

You cannot blame auction houses for unknowingly listing cards that have been altered; it is not their job to authenticate and they, like us hobbyists, should be able to rely on the TPGs’ “opinion”. However, when an AH discovers that a card they have listed has been altered, than, as in this case, I believe they should pull the listing. Commendation to REA for delisting these cards. I have seen Mile High and LOTG do the same. It’s the right thing to do.

I can blame, in fact I have disdain for, auction houses who either knowingly list altered cards and/or fail to delist cards called out as altered. These outfits will not get my bids/business and I hope the rest of you feel that way. Protest with your wallet- we can make a difference one collector/bidder/consignor at a time.

And, once again, sincere thank you BODA for all the incredible work you are doing.

Ryan
Old 11-25-2019, 06:32 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

[QUOTE=Rhotchkiss;1934035]You cannot blame auction houses for unknowingly listing cards that have been altered; it is not their job to authenticate and they, like us hobbyists, should be able to rely on the TPGs’ “opinion”. However, when an AH discovers that a card they have listed has been altered, than, as in this case, I believe they should pull the listing. Commendation to REA for delisting these cards. I have seen Mile High and LOTG do the same. It’s the right thing to do.

Wasn't placing any blame...just alerting the herd...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
You cannot blame auction houses for unknowingly listing cards that have been altered; it is not their job to authenticate and they, like us hobbyists, should be able to rely on the TPGs’ “opinion”. However, when an AH discovers that a card they have listed has been altered, than, as in this case, I believe they should pull the listing. Commendation to REA for delisting these cards. I have seen Mile High and LOTG do the same. It’s the right thing to do.

I can blame, in fact I have disdain for, auction houses who either knowingly list altered cards and/or fail to delist cards called out as altered. These outfits will not get my bids/business and I hope the rest of you feel that way. Protest with your wallet- we can make a difference one collector/bidder/consignor at a time.

And, once again, sincere thank you BODA for all the incredible work you are doing.

Ryan
When people in the know aren't even willing to forego buying and selling with PWCC I don't hold out much hope. Appreciate your stance, and your voice in the discussion! See you at Philly?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Challupa, I didn’t interpret your post as blaming anyone! My post was general and not intended as a reply to your post, which I view as informative, and I appreciate it - we need to highlight the good as well as the bad.

Scott, I should be there Saturday morning picking up a t213-3 1 Chance portrait from Ted. I will stop by and say hi.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:36 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Moral to this story is PSA is worthless not this auction house. Nobody seems to care anymore.

Hats of to REA

Last edited by Johnny630; 11-25-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:33 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

That’s why my visit to Lowe’s last weekend ended up with a Dremel. Slab shuck at Adam’ House for thanksgiving!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-26-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 AM
J0hn Collin$

A pair of pliers / snippers and a decent sized flathead screwdriver are all you need. Small scissors as well if opening Beckett slabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Martin
Martin L.ee

All this talk about cracking slabs and letting the cards breath got me thinking. What is the best card holder out there? Consideration for presentation and security.

Although a little old school I enjoy putting my raw tobacco cards in the tobacco size top loaders.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 PM
Al Richter

Bolt cutter and irrigation screw diver. 10 seconds. No damage yet after a lot of shucking
Old 11-27-2019, 05:41 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default crack outs

Yet to see a slab that would keep me out. PSA, SGC, Beckett - even with their latest and greatest, still easy to C/O with the correct tools and knowledge. It is a sad and unfortunate game they force the collector to play, as we live the by this creed...... if one C/O doesn't succeed, the next one may provide for that deserving bump....