NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Default Scrub needing advice on a collection acquired.

I apologize in advance, if I seem like a scrub. I haven't collected in years but have grown to want and learn more.

This weekend, the wife and I went to a known garage location that vendors sell all their crap. This one seller seemed to want to get rid of everything and stop the hobby all together, so I took advantage. The list below is by far the best cards I've ever seen card wise / look and feel.

1992 Topps Gold - Set Complete. Paid 10
1990 Leaf - Set Complete. Paid 10
1983 Donruss - Set complete. Paid 10 - growing trend?
1984 Topps - Set Complete
1988 Topps Football Set - Complete
1989 Bowman - Set Complete
1989 Upper Deck - Set Complete - Griffey standing nice and proud (off center but still gorgeous)

Also I bought a set of binders, four of them ranging from multiples to singles and sets in them. All below 1990s. One of the biggest pulls was the 1993 Jeter Gold rookie. I only paid 10 bucks for all the binders.

I have more, I just havent gone through it all. All in all I spent 290 bucks including the separate singles I rifled through. A pile of Yaz 60-70 cards - all looking gorgeous. Basically sat in a box for 40 years. Every card looks crisp, no broken corners that I can see.

My question is, should everything of value be graded?

Edit: This gentleman that I met earlier in the day asked if I wanted to see his personal collection. I very much wanted to see everything he owned and was overwhelmed when he said I could have everything 1984-1992. All major brands, all sets completed (not in factory sets, just complete). He offered everything free. I would say close to 500k cards.

Thanks in advance! Thanks for adding me!

Last edited by amullins; 11-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.