NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Brad Green

Default The New Look of eBay Searches... I don't like it....

It appears to me that eBay has a new look when doing searches.... I don't like it.... I like the old look.... But I can't seem to figure out how to get back to it. Has anyone figured it out?

Here is the new look......

Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Shawn England

Brad,

See if this works??? Mine does not look like this by the way.

Just under the tab "All Items" (which is next to the tab "auctions only")there is a "view as" with three icons just to the right. Select the first one and see if this changes things for you?

Shawn

Last edited by smokelessjoe; 07-19-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
Brad,

See if this works??? Mine does not look like this by the way.

Just under the tab "All Items" (which is next to the tab "auctions only")there is a "view as" with three icons just to the right. Select the first one and see if this changes things for you?

Shawn
That particular choice is already highlighted... When I click one of the other choices, then click back to the choice on the left, it goes back to looking like it does in my screen capture above. I don't understand what's going on... Does anyone else get the same view as my screen capture above?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Shawn England

Have you tried the "customize view" option on the right side of the screen?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Stu.art Gil.bert

I have the same issue but only on my work computer. My personal laptop still shows the old ebay layout.

I have tried every option on the "customize view" option but none of the options return me to the old format. Very frustrating!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Shawn England

OK...

This is my last shot...

At the very bottom of the Ebay page you will see "preview new features". Click on that. Scroll down and you will see "See More Listing Details on the Search Page" . This is on the right side about half way down. Under the blah blah blah you will see an opt in or out option. I think this will take care of the problem???

Let me know!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajah424 View Post
I have the same issue but only on my work computer. My personal laptop still shows the old ebay layout.
I have the opposite problem.... It makes me wonder if the information is being stored in a cookie somewhere..... ????
Old 07-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
At the very bottom of the Ebay page you will see "preview new features". Click on that. Scroll down and you will see "See More Listing Details on the Search Page" . This is on the right side about half way down. Under the blah blah blah you will see an opt in or out option. I think this will take care of the problem???
Thanks, but this didn't work either.... I have the option to "OPT IN".... Not "OPT OUT".....
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Brad Green

I'm still grasping at straws here, I guess.... This is the view that I want and the view that I had yesterday or the day before...

Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Brad, I'm struggling with the same thing, the price being on the left below the description is really annoying me. I can't fly through pages on ebay anymore...really stupid change on ebay's part (as they always are!).

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 07-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Brad, I'm struggling with the same thing, the price being on the left below the description is really annoying me. I can't fly through pages on ebay anymore...really stupid change on ebay's part (as they always are!).
I know what you mean.... It is driving me crazy... I still don't understand how it can happen on one computer, but not another.... At least, that's the way it is hitting me....

I looked around eBay today, trying to find an email address for eBay customer support... I wanted to send them my screen captures above and ask them how I can fix it... But I couldn't find an email address.... I found a phone number, though.... If worse comes to worse and I can't figure this out, I am going to have to call them....

I don't know why they continually change things.... I don't like change....
Old 07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Steve Birmingham

Whenever they're trying something new the new stuff is only on some servers. And they usually use a cookie to direct you to the test servers once you've been "lucky" enough to get one. The last switch that I hated had an easy opt out, but I kept getting back into the test server.

You could try clearing cookies and maybe internet history. If that won't work rebooting the modem(If it's cable) might get you a new IP address which might keep you out of the new pages for a bit.

I'm not sure why they do the "test" release, as I've never seen them make any real changes despite everyone disliking the new version.

I suppose they've got to keep the web design people working. And while we all hate the changes, just like any business they need to update the look of things to keep it fresh.

Steve B
Old 07-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Stu.art Gil.bert

Brad, i deleted my cookies and history and that reset ebay back to the old format. Hope that helps.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajah424 View Post
Brad, i deleted my cookies and history and that reset ebay back to the old format. Hope that helps.
Thanks, guys.... Deleting only the cookies worked for me.... My view is back to the way I like it... We'll see how long that lasts....

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Brad Green

OK... Here we go again.... I am having trouble with the format of the eBay search results again.... (Read above for my previous struggle....)

This time, I am not seeing any difference when I delete cookies and the browsing history... I also don't see any "Opt Out" buttons. I even restarted my computer...

Here is what I see now when I do an eBay search. What I had before was a very nice "one line" format. I absolutely HATE the format that I am getting now.... Do any of you have any other suggestions for getting me back to the simple "one line" format?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eBay_search.jpg (73.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftygrove10 View Post
OK... Here we go again.... I am having trouble with the format of the eBay search results again.... (Read above for my previous struggle....)

This time, I am not seeing any difference when I delete cookies and the browsing history... I also don't see any "Opt Out" buttons. I even restarted my computer...

Here is what I see now when I do an eBay search. What I had before was a very nice "one line" format. I absolutely HATE the format that I am getting now.... Do any of you have any other suggestions for getting me back to the simple "one line" format?
Yeap, it sucks for me today. Guess I will get used to it unless I can find a way to revert back.