NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 08-24-2022, 10:25 AM

Default Albert pujols - let's see them

With Albert simply on FIRE and about to break Alex (Steroid) Rodriguez' record, I thought it would be a great time to see some Pujol's jewels. Here is mine. Let's see some Albert cards!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6268.jpg (193.7 KB, 345 views)
Old 08-24-2022, 12:43 PM

Here's the few that I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13TC136Pujols10Xfractor.jpg (151.0 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg 13TC136Pujols9Gold.jpg (159.9 KB, 329 views)
Old 08-24-2022, 04:20 PM

The gold refractor is sweet. Albert's batting stance hasn't changed since 2001 and he still looks young!

I'm hoping he can break 700. I don't know him, but he appears to be a true gentleman. I wish he would have stayed in St. Louis this entire time, but it is what it is. His statue would be sitting beside Stan's if he did.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:09 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
The gold refractor is sweet. Albert's batting stance hasn't changed since 2001 and he still looks young!

I'm hoping he can break 700. I don't know him, but he appears to be a true gentleman. I wish he would have stayed in St. Louis this entire time, but it is what it is. His statue would be sitting beside Stan's if he did.
I am so hoping for at least 7 more to get to 700 this year.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pujolsct.jpg (188.0 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg pujolsetopps.jpg (123.8 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg pujolsstu.jpg (164.7 KB, 311 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
i thought i heard someone saying the cards have a lot of lefty pitchers coming up on their schedule. insane what albert has been doing since the break. love it, hope he passes a-rod as soon as possible
Old 08-24-2022, 05:53 PM

I don't think it will get to the Mark McGwire level in 98, but I try to at least see the highlights every night. As he gets closer to ARod and 700, ESPN should be covering his every at bat - I will be watching.

Let's not forget that this is also the last year for Molina - he is LOVED in St Louis.

The Cardinals last game this year - whenever that will be - will feature both Pujols and Molina. St Louis is a baseball town and the crowds will show their affection for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-A Molina.jpg (199.6 KB, 312 views)
Old 08-24-2022, 06:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
In 5 weeks? The only way that happens is if pitchers groove some for him. Very odd career IMO. First half, he was arguably a top 10 of all time type player, just massive. Second half, mostly an average player whose counting stats were padded by having Mike Trout in the lineup and always on base.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-24-2022 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:11 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In 5 weeks? The only way that happens is if pitchers groove some for him. Very odd career IMO. First half, he was arguably a top 10 of all time type player, just massive. Second half, mostly an average player whose counting stats were padded by having Mike Trout in the lineup and always on base.
I would say he still is a top 10 all time player.

Trout was lucky to play with someone who put up numbers he could only dream about.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:21 PM
Tim Odeen

I remember buying many many boxes of Heritage in order to pull the Pujols. The Bowman was a lot easier!

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 09-26-2022, 08:56 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I was talking about Pujols at the Philly show. So I have been a seller of Aaron Judge enjoying solid profits but I am not as big a seller of Pujols ( I have a couple cards listed). The reason is I see alot of Pujols cards coming out sort if like Jeter. When he retired lots of cards equipment etc came out and for a time prices didn't do much. But the time between when he retired and was voted in Jeter prices did very very well. What are you guys thoughts?
Old 09-27-2022, 02:18 PM

I don't see any outside reason, steroids; drugs; gambling; infidelity; etc. ever causing damage to Pujols' legacy. Hence, I don't see any cards nose diving in the future. I think they will peak at the end of this season - stay flat for about 4 years - then rise slightly when he goes to the Hall as a first ballot member. I've struggled with selling or keeping my rookie autograph and I've decided to hold onto it. He is the only member of the 700 club that one could obtain a certified rookie issued autograph. Also, you don't see stickers on his rookie cards as they are all hard signed that I'm aware of. I have autographed cards of Aaron. I don't have any of Ruth. I don't care about Bonds. So, I may just make this one part of my permanent collection.

What is everyone else going to do - keep or sale?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive and please keep it going until the end of the play offs!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:11 PM
Shane

Since I am a Cardinals team set collector, I think everyone knows what I will be doing with mine!
Old 10-02-2022, 08:02 AM
Al Richter

After a couple last night he needs 4 more RBIs to be # 2 all time