NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Don Hontz

Default Boston (Wilmington) Altman Show 4/10-12

This coming weekend Wilmington (Rich Altmans's Boston) 3 day show 4/10-12----I am looking forward to the show this weekend---I will be set up with 9 showcases---7 with graded cards from 1895 Mayo to the 1960's---I have 10 graded Ty Cobb cards--SGC 10 1952 Mantle---Loaded with rookies etc.---I have 3 complete sets 1963--1964 and 1971 All EX-MT---and 2 nice autographed baseball 1928 Babe Ruth-Lou Gehrig and Single Signed Roberto Clemente both JSA----Plus alot of other stuff---Hope to see alot of Net 54 members--Always 10 % off---thanks , Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (77.7 KB, 303 views)
Old 04-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Default Boston

Don, great selection of cards. I will see you at the show.

Toby

Last edited by bigfish; 04-06-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:04 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

No can do this time around Don, I'm heading down to Chantilly for the first time. Don't sell all your cards, as I'm sure I will see you soon enough

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Scott S

Hi Don,

Thank you for putting prices on your cards which are visible to people! It certainly helps me as a buyer, and I absolutely will spend an extra couple of minutes at any table where prices are visible.

And I'll be sure to stop by and say hello on Saturday....
Scott
Old 04-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I will be there both Friday and Saturday. We should try another meet-up at noon on Saturday near the snack bar. I always hope we get additional folks, but it will be good to see the regulars anyway.

Alan
Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Jesse

I was planning on heading in but I'll be down in South Carolina all weekend for work. Bummed out but have fun and I hope people will post some photos of pickups or cool stuff they see. Always helps build the show up

Jesse
Old 04-09-2015, 05:30 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Hi Don,

Thank you for putting prices on your cards which are visible to people! It certainly helps me as a buyer, and I absolutely will spend an extra couple of minutes at any table where prices are visible.

And I'll be sure to stop by and say hello on Saturday....
Scott
I 100% AGREE with this. In fact I usually do not even stop at tables that do not have items priced.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Bob Donaldson

I 100% AGREE with this. In fact I usually do not even stop at tables that do not have items priced.

+1

Last edited by obcbobd; 04-09-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Be.n C0z1n

To the above post, I don't understand why you would have an attitude that just because a dealer doesn't have prices on their cards, you wouldn't want to stop.

1. Your already in the building, you might as well see what everyone has to offer and what the prices are.

2. I recently set up at the White Plains show with my friend. Were not really dealers, so to take the time to put prices on every card wouldn't really make sense for us. I was, however on point and greeted anyone who came by the table with a smile and asked if I could help them. One person was interested in my Bradshaw Rookie. I told him to name his price ( it was raw, about Ex-ExMt ) I said his price was fine and he said "wow, I just bought this card in lesser condition for more money." I said, well why not just own two. He agreed and bought the card. I also had lots of dealers stopping over to buy things, so my prices must have been pretty reasonable. Moral of the story here is that I can understand people who don't like a price, want to haggle you down, etc... but how do you know what your missing if you don't even ask?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Well said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
To the above post, I don't understand why you would have an attitude that just because a dealer doesn't have prices on their cards, you wouldn't want to stop.

1. Your already in the building, you might as well see what everyone has to offer and what the prices are.

2. I recently set up at the White Plains show with my friend. Were not really dealers, so to take the time to put prices on every card wouldn't really make sense for us. I was, however on point and greeted anyone who came by the table with a smile and asked if I could help them. One person was interested in my Bradshaw Rookie. I told him to name his price ( it was raw, about Ex-ExMt ) I said his price was fine and he said "wow, I just bought this card in lesser condition for more money." I said, well why not just own two. He agreed and bought the card. I also had lots of dealers stopping over to buy things, so my prices must have been pretty reasonable. Moral of the story here is that I can understand people who don't like a price, want to haggle you down, etc... but how do you know what your missing if you don't even ask?
+1 Well said and I feel that is half the fun sometimes AND I have gotten some incredible deals just by being nice and interacting with the seller. Good points all around. mike
Old 04-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Be.n C0z1n

Now to be fair, if a dealer does not have a price on a card, and has to take 2-3 minutes to locate a guide and look the card up, that is upsetting to a potential buyer. I do feel that dealers that do not have marked prices, need to know what they want for a card.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Bob Donaldson

Quote:
Now to be fair, if a dealer does not have a price on a card, and has to take 2-3 minutes to locate a guide and look the card up, that is upsetting to a potential buyer. I do feel that dealers that do not have marked prices, need to know what they want for a card.
Yes, that is what bothers me. I realize not all dealers, such as yourself are like that, but it seems a lot are. I will add that a dealer who looks up at you and says hi, makes me want to stop and check out his cards, even if they are not priced

Last edited by obcbobd; 04-09-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
My recommendation is to make an offer and if they cannot accept or pass on the spot you keep walking.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Steven Sadler

John Liffman and I are set up at tables 248/249 stop by and say hello...
Old 04-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Rich Klein

Default The issue with not putting prices on cards

Is you may feel as a collector that the dealer will ask different prices depending on whom you are or appear to be.

Pricing your cards gives every collector an fairly equivalent starting point as it comes to a dealer's prices

AND, that makes life easier for all concerned

Rich
Old 04-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Alan Elefson

It has been a great show so far! It was great seeing some Net54 members as usual.

I sold a few items and bought a few things. I am not much of a T206 collector but for 15.00 each, I could not pass up the five hall of famers with amazing color. I actually like the trimming! I also purchased the photo below from the same dealer. I really like look of it and it is interesting that Eddie's eyes are closed.

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img858.jpg (53.6 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg img860.jpg (54.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg img861.jpg (33.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg img862.jpg (34.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg collins.jpg (29.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg collins back.jpg (61.3 KB, 126 views)
Old 04-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Mike P.ap

Default $15?!?!

HOFamers for $15, trimmed or not, very cool and nice buy! Love the photo also, did you get a good deal on that as well?

Mike
Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Alan Elefson

Thanks Mike! Yes, the photo was relatively cheap (100.00) because the dealer had fixed up the edges and corners of it. He was very forthright about it, and the restoration work does not bother me at all.

Alan
Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Jimmy

I enjoy seeing some of the members and talking - Alan that is a great image for that price!

jimmy