NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-23-2015, 06:29 PM

Default A Few More Signatures

Since it has been determined in my prior thread, that the Mantle Autographs were most likely false, how about a few more. Starting off with the other signatures on the Mantle multi Sig ball.
His collection has more baseballs and some football, but the other pictures were too blurry to bother with, but I have a strange feeling most of the items would end up the same. He also had baseball cards that were probably purchased from those TV salesmen.
I feel terrible because he's had some this stuff for so long, and proudly displayed. Also, this is my brother, and he's a nice guy. I did hint to him that he should have his items recertified by reputable authenticators. The certificates I saw looked....well you know.
Maybe I should just mind my business....if he is happy I'm happy

Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew, Willie Mckovey

Not sure who this one's supposed to be

Reggie Jackson, Eddie Mathews

Michael Jordan

Ken Griffey

Can't figure this one..foggy but looks familiar...Cal Ripken?

Nolan Ryan

Muhammad Ali...He got this at auction while on a vacation cruise. Maybe real?

Sent from my iPad
Old 03-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

That ball is the same one you showed in the first photo, a 500 home run ball. All the signatures are bad. For a less trained eye, it is sometimes easier to determine bad signatures on these when you examine the lesser collected signatures as the forgers spent less time trying to sign those. I have no opinion on some of the other newer ones, but it appears the Jordan's and Ali are bad as well. He probably got them all from the same source which was very common. Sorry for the bad news, but I think you know enough from your suspicions.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

FWIW, the Ryan looks good.

The signature you couldn't identify is supposed to be Mike Schmidt
Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

As said the first 8 pictures are of a 500 HR ball. All bad. It's interesting how some are worse attempts than others. To me the Robinson is really bad.
I don't care for the Jordan either.
The Griffey may be okay, but I'll hold off a solid judgment for a better picture.
The blurry one is supposed to be an early Hideo Nomo I believe. It's really blurry so I won't give an opinion on that one. Just FYI, Nomo was highly forged when he first came to the league.
Ryan may be okay but tough to say for sure when it's blurry.
I am not an Ali expert. I'll let someone with more knowledge of his signature chime in on that one.

Looks like many of these may have been obtained early-mid 90's.