NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 05:59 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Why stop there?
Oh, they're not stopping there. They won't be satisfied until every team has a name like Unicorns, Rainbows or Butterflies.

Who's next? Possibly the New York Jets

https://www.foxnews.com/media/concha...global-warming

But it is what it is. What can you do? So, I try to find humor in their dumbass ways. After all, this is the same group of dumbasses that think there are more than 2 genders.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:24 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Oh, they're not stopping there. They won't be satisfied until every team has a name like Unicorns, Rainbows or Butterflies.

But it is what it is. What can you do? So, I try to find humor in their dumbass ways. After all, this is the same group of dumbasses that think there are more than 2 genders.
By THEY you mean the few people that object to everything and anything and the gutless corporations just cave in. The name change doesn’t bother me at all. I have quit watching baseball two years ago. They can all go to hell!
Old 07-24-2021, 06:29 AM
rgpete

Which one will be the mascot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (19).jpg (14.1 KB, 230 views)
Old 07-24-2021, 06:33 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
By THEY you mean the few people that object to everything and anything and the gutless corporations just cave in. The name change doesn’t bother me at all. I have quit watching baseball two years ago. They can all go to hell!
But when you drill down, and see what's happening all around, it has nothing to do with name changes. These people calling for name changes don't give a damn about the names. Their goal is to get you to conform and think like them.

Let me give you a good example. How many liberal politicians called for a mask mandate and then were photographed in public without a mask when they thought no one was looking? Many of them. It wasn't about masks. It was about compliance.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:36 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:

Shouldn't the state of Indiana have to change their name now? What about Indianapolis? Indian Wells, CA? Indian River, FL? Where does it end?
Old 07-24-2021, 06:37 AM
D.an Jackso.n

I guess the Braves are next.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:

You mean scientists?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...y-simplistic1/
Old 07-24-2021, 09:30 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
You should probably have your full name in your post.

Let me help you with that, Ted Clayton.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
You should probably have your full name in your post.

Let me help you with that, Ted Clayton.
Thanks.