NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-16-2021, 12:38 PM
Tony Quinn

Default Detroit Tigers Pennant Info Needed

Hello all. I need some expert help with this one. Can anyone offer info on this Detoiot Tigers pennant? It is 11" x 6". A manufacturer, date and price would be awsome. Getting ready to offer for sale but I don't know what the heck it is!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tigers A.jpg (76.7 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Tigers B.jpg (72.3 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by quinnsryche; 10-16-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Jim M.arinari

It's possible that it isn't Detroit Tigers?

Looks somewhat homemade. No stitching, uneven hole punches. Right hand corner miscut. High school? Someone made for kids room?

If it is for Detroit, it's just weird that it doesn't have a logo or locale or even team color. Was licensing as much of an issue back in the day? When I was very young, I remember similar pennants (that pre-dated me by a lot) hanging behind the bar of the corner bar/restaurant. But they all had the logos where the image of the player is.

That's just my gut. I'd expect "Princeton" or "Detroit" or even "Springfield High" logo of some sort. Hope someone can help!
Old 10-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Tony Quinn

The copy is screened on like most from the early years of pennants. That said, I don't think it's "homemade" as I don't think people had those capabilities back then. If it was Princeton it would be orange & black i assume. I don't know, just my 2 cents.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Adam B

It had the look of a 1936-1938 BF3 pennant. There are 12 different types. I am not certain that is what this is in fact but its a start. The hole punch looks like something done after the fact and may be considered altered. I would guess sub $50. GLWS
Old 10-16-2021, 03:53 PM
Tony Quinn

Thanks Adam, very helpful info.
Best,
Tony
Old 10-17-2021, 11:21 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I've seen these before, and do not think it's home-made. Since I don't collect minis, I can't render an educated guess as to its origin. But they do come up in my searches, and I'm pretty sure I've seen these for other teams as well.

As for the punch holes, I think I've seen others like this. Unless this was a common practice, I think the holes are original to the pennant.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:06 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
The copy is screened on like most from the early years of pennants. That said, I don't think it's "homemade" as I don't think people had those capabilities back then. If it was Princeton it would be orange & black i assume. I don't know, just my 2 cents.
You are right, of course. When I typed 'homemade', I was thinking more along the lines of the local print shop.

And for Detroit, I would assume dark navy and white color scheme. But maybe just the photo or faded?