NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
My original thoughts? Easy. That thousands of doctors have had success prescribing Hydroxychoroquine for treating their patients. They have no motive in disclosing their results, but yet they're being shut down by social media.

They're touting a drug (Hydroxychoroquine) that costs $.83 and has had success for their patients, compared to another treatment drug (Remdesivir) that costs $3120. Follow the money.
OK, and MY original thoughts were that this drug shows some promise, but there are reams of information showing either it does nothing or it can be harmful. My original thoughts, as I stated, were I sure wish it would work. My original thoughts are the very first doctor you supported and linked to has some extreme, almost crazy medical views which, as I stated, taints her expertise in my mind. My original thought, stated here for the first time, is I'm happy that thousands of doctors have had positive results, but what percentage of US doctors is that? Seems like thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of doctors don't consider it a viable source? My original thoughts, as stated before, are that I feel there is a lot that we don't know that could/should be explored, like the lack of vitamin D and zinc in most people's systems.

These are some of my original thoughts. I have stated them clearly, without jerkiness of any kind. Feel free to respond without the arrogant, condescending attitude.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:11 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Covidiots!!!!! Who say the season sucks....

Suck this:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-carlos-correa

LOVE IT!!!
Old 07-29-2020, 10:20 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Covidiots!!!!! Who say the season sucks....

Suck this:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-carlos-correa

LOVE IT!!!
The ‘stros have this coming all year. Wait until the fans get back in the stands. Dodgers-Astros playing is like being at a NASCAR race. You know the big wreck is just around the next turn.....this was nothing.
...whatever I want
Old 07-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
The ‘stros have this coming all year. Wait until the fans get back in the stands. Dodgers-Astros playing is like being at a NASCAR race. You know the big wreck is just around the next turn.....this was nothing.
LOVE IT!!!! Not a huge fan of throwing at a guys head, but if you are precise enough to just miss it, then all good. Prefer though they just drill 'em in the back.

And wouldn't mind one thrown in their dugout every now and then.

Love good baseball drama.

Covid drama not so much. Like The Donald said "one day it will just, poof, disappear"........he failed to mention that one day may not be until 2021 or 2022.....but oh well, we'll get there. Good to have Bean Balls to keep us amused until then.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-29-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:40 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
LOVE IT!!!! Not a huge fan of throwing at a guys head, but if you are precise enough to just miss it, then all good. Prefer though they just drill 'em in the back.

And wouldn't mind one thrown in their dugout every now and then.

Love good baseball drama.

Covid drama not so much. Like The Donald said "one day it will just, poof, disappear"........he failed to mention that one day may not be until 2021 or 2022.....but oh well, we'll get there. Good to have Bean Balls to keep us amused until then.
yep Trump info was wrong he doesnt say that now. A lot of World leaders said that too. However when he closed air travel to china everyone said thats ridiculous and prejudicial. So we get things wrong and right in life..

Like saying Rayshard Brooks was shot for just sleeping, well he was DUI and also shot a taser at an officer but people say he was 'shot for sleeping' Doesnt mean the shooting was right or wrong, i just pointing out the bias the way people present information. Just saying Trump said would go away is not the whole picture. I know I didnt believe him, just as I dont believe Biden on a lot of things

Not sure why everyone trusts politicians, next I will hear how used car salesman are honest and all their cars were driven to church by old ladies...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-29-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:18 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
yep Trump info was wrong he doesnt say that now. A lot of World leaders said that too. However when he closed air travel to china everyone said thats ridiculous and prejudicial. So we get things wrong and right in life..

Like saying Rayshard Brooks was shot for just sleeping, well he was DUI and also shot a taser at an officer but people say he was 'shot for sleeping' Doesnt mean the shooting was right or wrong, i just pointing out the bias the way people present information. Just saying Trump said would go away is not the whole picture. I know I didnt believe him, just as I dont believe Biden on a lot of things

Not sure why everyone trusts politicians, next I will hear how used car salesman are honest and all their cars were driven to church by old ladies...
You know he said that 10 days ago, right?
I'd like to amend one of your statements: "Not sure why ANYone trusts politicians." On either side.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
You know he said that 10 days ago, right?
I'd like to amend one of your statements: "Not sure why ANYone trusts politicians." On either side.
right he said will go away eventually and eventually will be right he didnt say it the way you implied.......if/when Biden is in will be a lot of things he says that will be made fun of and even exceeding trump which i thought would be impossible..but biden makes it possible....he did fake his degrees and how he finished in school ..its not like he is known for telling the truth either.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-29-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:34 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
OK, and MY original thoughts were that this drug shows some promise, but there are reams of information showing either it does nothing or it can be harmful. My original thoughts, as I stated, were I sure wish it would work. My original thoughts are the very first doctor you supported and linked to has some extreme, almost crazy medical views which, as I stated, taints her expertise in my mind. My original thought, stated here for the first time, is I'm happy that thousands of doctors have had positive results, but what percentage of US doctors is that? Seems like thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of doctors don't consider it a viable source? My original thoughts, as stated before, are that I feel there is a lot that we don't know that could/should be explored, like the lack of vitamin D and zinc in most people's systems.

These are some of my original thoughts. I have stated them clearly, without jerkiness of any kind. Feel free to respond without the arrogant, condescending attitude.
I give you names of 2 doctors that are using Hydroxychoroquine and you try to tear down their credentials and make them look stupid and I'm the one with "jerkiness" and an "arrogant, condescending attitude?" Pot meet kettle.

Not only doctors are claiming that it works, patients are as well. Go read the comments of the Michigan State Representative.
  • "It went from the headaches being severe to fluid building up in my lungs, to sweats breaking out to the cough and my breathing being labored."
  • "It all happened in a matter of hours."
  • "For me, it saved my life.”
Let me ask you a simple question. Let's say you're diagnosed with the Virus and your doctor tells you he/she is going to prescribe you Hydroxychoroquine. Do you take it? Yes or no?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
I give you names of 2 doctors that are using Hydroxychoroquine and you try to tear down their credentials and make them look stupid and I'm the one with "jerkiness" and an "arrogant, condescending attitude?" Pot meet kettle.

Not only doctors are claiming that it works, patients are as well. Go read the comments of the Michigan State Representative.
  • "It went from the headaches being severe to fluid building up in my lungs, to sweats breaking out to the cough and my breathing being labored."
  • "It all happened in a matter of hours."
  • "For me, it saved my life.”
Let me ask you a simple question. Let's say you're diagnosed with the Virus and your doctor tells you he/she is going to prescribe you Hydroxychoroquine. Do you take it? Yes or no?
No, I don't. But to be fair, I rarely go to the doctor, and I am very anti-pharma by nature.

As for your Michigan state rep, she has a great story, and I am truly glad this worked out for her. Now what about mr. Bergen's story, it didn't work out so well for those poor people. Please respond to his story.

As for your doctors, feel free to follow them, I don't care. But if you have the right to post on here a video of a doctor giving advice, I have the right to post that she also believes reptilian creatures are running our government. Or a doctor who says he's cured 600 people, yet doesn't see a point to testing, and was asked to leave his community because of his comments (not what I'd expect from the neighborhood savior). Some might feel it adds some context. If you don't think it matters, you can ignore me.

God forbid, if you were to catch the virus, and you take this particular cure, I hope it works for you. I hope you have better results than many have had.

Question for you: do you wear a mask when in public, even if not mandated?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:58 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Now what about mr. Bergen's story, it didn't work out so well for those poor people.
I already addressed that. Heart problems are a possible side effect of Hydroxychoroquine. All drugs have possible side effects.

Quote:
Question for you: do you wear a mask when in public, even if not mandated?
I do.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I give you names of 2 doctors that are using Hydroxychoroquine and you try to tear down their credentials and make them look stupid and I'm the one with "jerkiness" and an "arrogant, condescending attitude?"
LOL. One of those doctors today said that if Facebook doesn't put her video back up then God will destroy them.

Seriously, this is the doctor you're hanging your hat on? If Obama or any Democrat trotted this woman onto the national stage you'd be laughing your butt off (Rightfully so) and you know it. LOL, I mean, I've always known you were partisan, but you're really hitching your wagon to alien DNA and demon pregnancies? This is hilarious.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Seriously, this is the doctor you're hanging your hat on?
No, sir. Re-read my first post. I only said the was the latest doctor to be taken down by social media for touting Hydroxychoroquine. There have been many.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default I think it's safe to say

Nobody knows anything, neither side.

Someone comes up with a vaccine that works....then finally someone who knows something, until then nobody knows anything. Guesses, hopes, opinions.

Most have agendas.

We just have to ride this out until someone comes up with a vaccine.

You have only one goal - survive.

Don't count on anyone else. Don't blame anyone else, well you can, but see where blaming others gets ya.

Only count on yourself, and survive!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-29-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

Someone comes up with a vaccine that works....then finally someone who knows something, until then nobody knows anything. Guesses, hopes, opinions.

Most have agendas.

We just have to ride this out until someone comes up with a vaccine.

You have only one goal - survive.

Don't count on anyone else. Don't blame anyone else, well you can, but see what blame gets ya.

Only count on yourself, and survive!
Even after vaccine will still have tons of issues that i wont bother to discuss again.. but.....wont be a quick fix..you will see
Old 07-29-2020, 01:33 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Even after vaccine will still have tons of issues that i wont bother to discuss again.. but.....wont be a quick fix..you will see
Didn't say it would be a quick fix. But it will be the start of getting on the right path.

I just said basically "this doc knows this, this doc said that" is for the most part pointless. Show me a vaccine that works then I'm in.

In the meantime it will be nice when Sleepy Joe and The Teflon Don square off in the Octagon this November and we get this stupid election over with.

Two of the worst candidates EVER. Like watching the Marlins play the Nordiques (Hockey fans) for the championship of Jai Lai. 4 years and this is the best the Democrats can come up with. It's like asking Marve Levy to take over your football team at this point in his life. And the Prez is a narcissitic idiot, I can't spell that word.

But at least one will win and we don't have to listen to this crap for a few years.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-29-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
This I absolutely agree with. From the beginning, many were labeled as "experts," but how can one be an expert in something of which very little is known? And the opinions keep changing. We hear one thing, then later we're told something completely different - by the experts.

The W.H.O., who is supposed to be the expert of experts, originally tweeted on January 14th that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission - which we already had evidence otherwise coming out of China.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WHO.jpg (72.2 KB, 208 views)
Old 07-29-2020, 02:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
This I absolutely agree with. From the beginning, many were labeled as "experts," but how can one be an expert in something of which very little is known? And the opinions keep changing. We hear one thing, then later we're told something completely different - by the experts.

The W.H.O., who is supposed to be the expert of experts, originally tweeted on January 14th that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission - which we already had evidence otherwise coming out of China.
Right Biden said will follow the experts..if did that planes would have been coming into the States from China through April among other things...

if you listen to expert and they wrong, you are blamed...if dont listen to expert and you wrong you are blamed the same way.. Experts in one things doesnt make you an expert in other things....decisions are being made that impact many areas...there is no expert to cover all those areas