NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

My latest SGC submission took 20 business days from the day it was marked received by SGC until they marked it as shipped. Cards arrived yesterday and interesting these were Menko cards like mentioned above. I sent in my Sadaharu Oh collection of 12 cards for slabbing here are the results:

1 card they did not grade (it's a 1959 Marumatsu Oh) marked SGC does not grade, and they refunded my fee.

2 cards got number grades both 1s

4 cards got Authentic slabs "Minimum Size Not Met" they look good to me

3 cards got Authentic slabs "Evidence Of Trimming" one had clipped corners, the others looked ok to me

1 card got Authentic slab no qualifier heavy wear on edges

1 card got Authentic slab "Altered" there is a heavy ink mark on the front.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
My latest SGC submission took 20 business days from the day it was marked received by SGC until they marked it as shipped. Cards arrived yesterday and interesting these were Menko cards like mentioned above. I sent in my Sadaharu Oh collection of 12 cards for slabbing here are the results:

1 card they did not grade (it's a 1959 Marumatsu Oh) marked SGC does not grade, and they refunded my fee.
I emailed them, and got the reply that "Experts on our Identification Team were not able to find enough information on those specific copies." Which for some of my cards I could understand that there might be some confusion....but others, where there was a clear Menko number that matched the guidebook and wouldn't be confused with anything else....well??
NY Highlanders & Fed League Signatures
....and Japanese Menko Baseball Cards

https://japanesemenkoarchive.blogspot.com/
Old 04-16-2024, 01:22 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Appreciate this post...came here to see if anyone was having more than promised wait times. Nothing critical, just a 3 card sub...but anxious to get them back as it's the last couple of a tough set. Logged received 3/19, now sitting at 20 days and no action. Again, no biggie but when they say 5/10 days, doubling that gets concerning. From reading this looks like I'll just be patient and it's now their norm...just wish they would communicate their new norm.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 04-16-2024, 09:34 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Appreciate this post...came here to see if anyone was having more than promised wait times. Nothing critical, just a 3 card sub...but anxious to get them back as it's the last couple of a tough set. Logged received 3/19, now sitting at 20 days and no action. Again, no biggie but when they say 5/10 days, doubling that gets concerning. From reading this looks like I'll just be patient and it's now their norm...just wish they would communicate their new norm.
In addition to backlog, wait times also depend on how obscure your cards are, as certain cards take longer for them to research.

I have a submission that was marked as received on 3/21 and went into post-grading processing on 4/10, but the grades still haven't posted. So they're definitely still backed up. It's all Topps, Bowman, Leaf, and Goudey stuff though, so nothing challenging for them to research.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:33 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
In addition to backlog, wait times also depend on how obscure your cards are, as certain cards take longer for them to research.

I have a submission that was marked as received on 3/21 and went into post-grading processing on 4/10, but the grades still haven't posted. So they're definitely still backed up. It's all Topps, Bowman, Leaf, and Goudey stuff though, so nothing challenging for them to research.
Well, that makes sense...these were 1953 Dormand Post Cards...not super rare but certainly not the norm. Finally marked as shipped yesterday...hoping to get them in hand in a day or so...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03