NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-18-2020, 09:50 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Did Bazooka issue this?

A guy on another Forum said he THOUGHT Bazooka issued this sheet with pennants on it. Anyone know for sure?

Or anyone know who did issue it?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pennant sheet front.jpg (39.7 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg Pennant sheet back.jpg (56.8 KB, 216 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 10:23 PM

I don't know who made it but I do know that it is from 1955 to 1957 with it having Kansas City and Brooklyn. ETA: For what it's worth there is one on WorthPoint that sold on eBay in 2013 that the seller believed it was a cereal box giveaway.

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 05-18-2020 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-18-2020, 10:41 PM

This seller on eBay has them listed as 1955 Post Cereal https://www.ebay.com/itm/313081465635.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:51 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
This seller on eBay has them listed as 1955 Post Cereal https://www.ebay.com/itm/313081465635.
Hi Cliff:

That listing is the genesis of my question. In messaging the seller he THINKS it is Post Cereal, but can not recall the ad etc. that was used to send away for the set.

Another person thought it was Bazooka.

Thus my trying to find exact info to pin point the issuer.

Hoping someone here knows for sure
Old 05-19-2020, 05:21 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Both Topps/Bazooka and Post are still in business, right? You can possibly contact them and ask.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:18 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Interesting from the same seller

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Bazoo...QAAOSwy1hewO5f

He has a 1950's Bazooka promotional booklet illustrating the pennants they are offering - I didn't look that close, but the Yankees looks different than the picture you posted.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:27 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Both Topps/Bazooka and Post are still in business, right? You can possibly contact them and ask.
They would have no clue at this point.

It could be a Post premium but it does not resemble any Bazooka item I've ever seen. Post had Baseball Patch prizes in 1955 but the premium offer at the tme was for silverware. Saw no baseball inside the boxes or offered as premiums by them in 56 or 57 from what I could find in the Cereal Box Bonanza book covering premiums and prizes of the 50's.

It seems semi-inactive but maybe this blogger's site has a contact you can use to do more research: https://pennantfever.weebly.com/

UPDATE: 1955 Post paper pennants most likely. This guy has some on eBay but no back scans of the ones that have the offer detailed. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...t&_sacat=50128

Last edited by toppcat; 05-19-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post

UPDATE: 1955 Post paper pennants most likely. This guy has some on eBay but no back scans of the ones that have the offer detailed. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...t&_sacat=50128
See post #4.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post

He has a 1950's Bazooka promotional booklet illustrating the pennants they are offering - I didn't look that close, but the Yankees looks different than the picture you posted.
Hi Howard:

I saw that too and came to the conclusion these are different pennants. Probably those from 1959/60. Plus they are individual. The item I am trying to figure out is a sheet of pennants
Old 05-19-2020, 11:25 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
They would have no clue at this point.

It could be a Post premium but it does not resemble any Bazooka item I've ever seen. Post had Baseball Patch prizes in 1955 but the premium offer at the tme was for silverware. Saw no baseball inside the boxes or offered as premiums by them in 56 or 57 from what I could find in the Cereal Box Bonanza book covering premiums and prizes of the 50's.

It seems semi-inactive but maybe this blogger's site has a contact you can use to do more research: https://pennantfever.weebly.com/

Thanks Dave:

I figured if anyone knew if it was a Topps/Bazooka issue it would be you. It also does not appear to be a Post Cereal item at least none of the other advanced Post collectors I know have seen or heard about it.

Thanks for the link to the bloggers site.

Fred
Old 05-19-2020, 12:53 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Thanks Dave:

I figured if anyone knew if it was a Topps/Bazooka issue it would be you. It also does not appear to be a Post Cereal item at least none of the other advanced Post collectors I know have seen or heard about it.

Thanks for the link to the bloggers site.

Fred
Maybe the current eBay seller could get you a back scan? Drives me nuts when the backs aren't scanned, even if blank, on eBay items.

Last edited by toppcat; 05-19-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post

The ones in the Bazooka booklet say the pennants are 5x15"
In the pennant descriptions in the different auctions, the seller says they are just over 5" in length.
While it doesn't prove that the pennants are not Bazooka items, they are definately not the ones advertised in that particular booklet.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:35 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Maybe the current eBay seller could get you a back scan? Drives me nuts when the backs aren't scanned, even if blank, on eBay items.
Dave

I posted a photo of the back of the sheet in my original post above

The seller on eBay actually bought two of these sheets and cut one up to sell the individual pennants
Old 05-20-2020, 08:51 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Dave

I posted a photo of the back of the sheet in my original post above

The seller on eBay actually bought two of these sheets and cut one up to sell the individual pennants
Ah, now I see-same thing. I read it as the pennants proper were within but not the case. I see why he cut them but I hate when that happens!
Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM

I won the Cubs pennant in his auction that I wouldn't have even known about if not for this thread, but if he cut up a complete sheet to sell those individual pennants that's an absolute shame. There can't be many of those sheets still in existence. I watched a 7 hour pack break last night on YouTube and saw them butcher perfectly fine 1975 through 1980 Topps cello packs, rack packs, and wax packs. Absolute shame.