NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Default Net 54 Deal Gone Bad

Posted By: Robert Reiss

I have made trades, purchases, and sales on this site, with tremendous satisfaction. However, I recently had a trade agreement, shall we say,... not completed. No big money, $100-150 or so, but complete with excuses and unanswered emails. I sent cards with delivery confirmation and have received nothing. How do the rest of you deal with this? Do you call them out in this forum? Does Leon get involved? My faith in the hobby is dwindling!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

That's a shame, Robert. I don't want to speak for Leon, but it's been my impression that he wants to know about bad experiences on the B/S/T.

I know most would want you to name names and provide details here, and that's your call. Just be prepared to have your actions regarding the transaction dissected and judged. (That's not meant to imply you've done a darn a thing wrong.)

Old 10-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks Rob. I think 5 unanswered emails covers my butt. If you know what I mean!!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

I know exactly what you mean, but I've seen some head-shaking comments on threads such as this. I do hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

I think the best course of action is to first post the details and get a few other opinions. If the feedback mirrors your current feelings and you still feel it's warranted, then name names.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rawn Hill

As mr. Dewolfe can attest to, I mailed his payment out and did not put enough postage on the letter. I informed him of the situation and all was concluded in due time. Give it time and I hope it all works out for you.

Rawn

Old 10-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Rawn is correct. Although just to be clear: My posts above weren't in reference to any B/S/T transactions I've had; I was referring to clueless comments often posted in threads like this, which have to do with transactions-gone-bad.

Just about every B/S/T transaction I've been involved with has been smooth as silk.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

While I, or the other moderators, don't really have any authority beyond this board I do want to know about all bad transactions, if possible. There have been a few times that, when brought to light, it was found it wasn't an isolated incident. My sole recourse is banning from the board and/or the BST... and it has happened extremely infrequently. That being said I feel it would be better to try to take care of it privately first. I have gotten involved a few times and have been able to help....but no promises. You might email me about it, Robert. It's always caveat emptor over there but I know of very few really bad deals or frauds that have gone on; less than a handful in around 3 yrs........take care

ps...I should add that there can obviously always be legal action taken on fraudulent situations where it's warranted. I know of none even close to that on the BST pages though....

edited typo too

Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Thanks Leon, If this doesn't help, details will be forthcoming. Bob

Old 10-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

Although rare, it can sometimes be attributed to a family or health crisis.

How long has this communication blackout been going on? Do you know if this person has been actively posting on this board or elsewhere during this period? If they're still posting, then it sounds like they are doing just fine and you probably have a legit gripe about a person that needs to be outed.

Rob M.