NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2024, 11:43 AM
Danny Gabel

Default How do you keep up with Auction House?

Community,

Im Deaf Sports Historian and Collector. Im heavily on Dummy Hoy, Dummy Taylor, Paul Hines and others when it comes to early 1900s baseball.

I googled those names often and I find some cool stuff that already sold in auctions in the past. I would love to keep up with upcoming auctions so I wouldn't miss some important items that could add to my collection.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciation.

Danny

PS- Would you guys know who possible own T206 Carolina Bright Dummy Taylor?
Always buying Deaf Sports related, William Hoy, Luther Taylor, George Kihm, Grover Alexander, Dick Sipek, Curtis Pride, Carlton Molesworth, Lou Burdette, Gil McDougald, Ralph Lin Weber, Gallaudet University

Set
1909 E-91A (23/33)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor (109/199)
Old 03-15-2024, 11:51 AM
Todd Schultz

Default maybe this site

This might help--
https://www.auctionreport.com/auction-schedule/
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Yeah, auction report is the best source I am aware of.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:17 PM
John Hanssen

In the upper right hand corner of this page/site is an icon link of (Old Cardboard) chick on that and 1st thing is a listing for upcoming auctions. It doesn’t have them all but it’s helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3381.jpeg (77.0 KB, 220 views)
Old 03-15-2024, 12:45 PM
Daryl

Many years ago, one of the popular auction software vendors hosted a site that would allow you to search and receive notifications for almost or all active auctions that utilized their platform. It seems this doesn’t exist today with Simple Auction Site unless I have missed it. I can see where such a search engine would make marketing less effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-15-2024, 01:39 PM
Doug Goodman

I consider missing an auction to be saving a bunch of money making me more prepared for the next one.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:30 PM

The ads at the top of each page on this site (Net54) are also a good way to remember/check out upcoming auctions. I know they have reminded me to check out various auction company auctions, sometimes ones that I am not that familiar with.

Brian (anything to help keep the lights on at the Net54 corporate office, located at 54 Leon Drive in Luckey, Texas)
Old 03-15-2024, 02:50 PM
Brian R

A brisk walk should do it. I don't think any of the people I've met who own, operate or otherwise work at auction houses run very fast.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:14 PM

Default Dummy Hoy & Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafSports View Post
Community,

Im Deaf Sports Historian and Collector. Im heavily on Dummy Hoy, Dummy Taylor, Paul Hines and others when it comes to early 1900s baseball.

I googled those names often and I find some cool stuff that already sold in auctions in the past. I would love to keep up with upcoming auctions so I wouldn't miss some important items that could add to my collection.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciation.

Danny

PS- Would you guys know who possible own T206 Carolina Bright Dummy Taylor?
Hi Danny - I have some good news for you. Memory Lane Auction will be offering a vast Dummy Hoy & Taylor collection of 30+ items in our late April/May Spring Auction. The consignor was inspired to collect these items over the past 20 years because his son was born “profoundly deaf.” Included are some scarce 19th century Old Judge cards, W600 Taylor, M101-1 Hoy, extremely rare 1896-97 Cameo Pepsin Hoy pin, and various other scarce tobacco cards/postcards. The highlight is an 1892 Washington oversized photo/cabinet with Hoy & Kilroy. Hope this helps - Joe

Last edited by Vintageclout; 03-15-2024 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Typo