NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default Whatever Happened To

Posted By: Joe P.

The "Kerry-Berry and Burning Bush must take precedence over" thread?

I go to sleep after my last post.
Wake up - go out and do the things I have to do.
Come back and check my e-mails and my bidding interest - look at this forum and I find that "Kerry-Berry and Burning Bush must take precedence over" is GONE.

Did I say something wrong?
Is the first amendment a thing of the past?
Was Korea a total waste?

What Happened!

Old 10-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

This happened...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1097774016&lp=1097774016>

Old 10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I dont think it has anthing to do with free speech and more to do with sticking to the forums main point of interest.Sure some subjects are slightly off topic(football for example) but you have to draw the line somewhere which should be non hobby stuff.

If you went to a cooking class to learn cooking how would you feel if the teacher turned it into a class about mechanics every chance he got.Alot of people use this forum to learn about baseball and collecting because thats what its meant for.

I dont think anyone checks this board for political views and i want to commend Bill for doing something about it.Im sure from talking to alot of other people recently they share the same sentiments

Old 10-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

for a one-way ticket to Canada, you'll all know it's because I'm madly in love with Ben,...right?

Old 10-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Joe:

To every thing, there is a season......

In my mind you are one of the more knowledgeable and entertaining posters on this board (and I'm not just saying that because you're one of the few posters older than me so I like you around for company), but this is, first and foremost, a vintage baseball card forum.

While we sometimes get distracted and stray from the straight and narrow (ummmmm......Julie please take note ), we are pretty much on topic. I think Bill, as reigning grand poobah, has exercised good judgment in this regard.

And now for something completely different.....did you get your Old Cardboard Magazine yet?

Kevin

Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Administrator

...but till then, no complaints. Actually, didn't they say "AROUND the middle of the month?"

I know how old Joe is., I was born in '35. When were you born, Kevin?

Old 10-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

That makes me younger than you and Joe; older than John Dreker; and old enough to know (not that I like it) that I'll never get all the baseball cards I want!

Old 10-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Administrator

As to cards, I'm already thinking about selling my most valuable ones, because my daughter needs dough--even though she's straight--OH I GIVE UP==how can you COMPLETELY avoid politics?

Don't ban me, Bill-"Kill me tomorrow; let me live tonight!"
But I'm darker than you...

Old 10-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Julie,politics should be real easy to avoid,I never talk about it except for the few times i called Elliot a dictator.He never denied that fact.

Forums on network54 arent hard to start,so if you want to start a political forum Julie you go right ahead.The thing is,forums are hard to get going once they have started.For every forum that becomes popular like this 1 theres about 50 that fail.

At least you know a few people here would follow you there and you would have twice as much to talk about

Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Administrator

else mixed in.

Old 10-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I appreciate what Bill did. later

Old 10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Administrator

There's a gorgeous Boston Store (B and W) Joe Jackson and a somewhat toned Joe Jackson out there--I don't know who owns either of them. I have both of the scans in my files.

Did you know there aren't even any PHONE LINES between North and South Korera?