NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-28-2021, 08:18 AM

Default The history of lineup cards - help needed!

Hi Everyone,

I have been collecting lineup cards in a modest way since 2014. In doing research, I was surprised to find that there’s no definitive source on lineup cards, just a handful of articles and info on message boards like this one. So I decided to write something.

I’m knee deep in compiling a “history of lineup cards”. I’m covering a variety of topics, including what they are, when they were first used, format changes over the years, artistry, famous lineup cards (e.g., the cards from the Ripken 2131 game), signatures/autographs, authentication, mistakes, collections, etc.

I’ve already done a lot of research, talked to a number of people from collectors to the likes of umpires (Joe West, Dallas Parks), auction houses, the Baseball HoF, etc. Jeff L., if you know him, you won’t be surprised at what a tremendous resource he is. But I’m looking for more folks to fill in some missing info (e.g., why are away batting order cards traditionally blue-ish, when did the first dugout cards get used and by whom?).

If you think you might have any information that would be helpful, or can help put me in touch with people who do, I’d be grateful. If you have any historic or otherwise interesting cards or collections, I’d love to hear from you.

I expect to be continuing work on this for the next few months at least, so please reach out whenever is convenient. You can reach me at: looperbirdie@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Tom O’Reilly
Old 05-28-2021, 08:24 AM
Rob G.

Unfortunately I have zero knowledge in this field to assist with your research efforts, but it sounds like an interesting topic and looking forward to reading about your findings!
Old 05-28-2021, 08:31 AM

Can't help with history or resources but for posterity here's my 1950 PCL line up card from the San Francisco Seals:

Tags
lineup card