NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Default Need help

I have a return problem. I sold two items on the bay a few weeks ago but mistakenly (my fault) sent each to the wrong address. One buyer informed me of my mistake and graciously said he would return the item so I could redirect it to the correct buyer. I e-mailed the other buyer of my mistake and asked him to return the item and I would send his item to him as soon as I received it. I informed both buyers that I would pay for all return costs. My problem is with the second buyer. I have e-mailed him twice with no response. I checked tracking and it was delivered to him a week ago. I need some advice as what I should do next.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Rob

I’ve done that before. Just another reason why I don’t like selling.

Is the non-responsive party holding something “better” than what he should have gotten?

Good luck!
Old 12-06-2021, 03:09 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Ugh.... that sucks.

I would ask eBay to intervene. If you are a Concierge member, it should be easy to get help. If you're not, you may have to be persistent with their customer service dept.

Hopefully it will be a moot point, and the second party will come around and do the right thing. Best of luck!
Old 12-06-2021, 03:52 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

I was on the other end of this scenario one time. The item I purchased was about $200 and I received a completely different item that was worth about $50. I thought I was scammed, but the seller said it was a mistake. The sales history confirmed that it was a mistake. I told him I would send it back for a refund and he told me I can keep the item and issued a full refund. It's likely the other buyer wouldn't return after getting a $200 item for $50, don't know. I was a little bummed to miss out on the item I wanted, but was treated fairly in the event of an honest mistake.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:02 AM

Default problem resolved

Thanks to those who responded to my problem. It has been resolved. My buyer e-mailed me with an apology. He has been traveling cross country and will be mailing my item back to me as soon as he returns home. My faith in my fellow man has been restored.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Good for you. Nice to hear..
Old 12-07-2021, 01:23 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

My last message would be along the lines of "I will be at your house on the morning of ......" Even if I didn't mean it.