NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Default National meet-up in Chicago... RSVP please

Posted By: Alan

The National is only 2 months away. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be coordinating a dinner get-together on Friday evening, August 1 right after the National for vintage sports (incl Boxing) card & memorabilia collectors at a restaurant in Rosemont. The restaurant will be very convenient (a mile or two) to the National site. Absolutely anyone and everyone is invited !!! Everyone will pay their own bill for what they eat/drink. (Note that this dinner get-together is unrelated to Leon's official Net54 dinner on Thurs night)

There is honestly no ulterior motive for me doing this. I just figure for collectors (& dealers) to get together - meet each other, see what others collect, talk about the hobby, etc,.... I am NOT a big buyer/spender, but I still enjoy the hobby very much, especially the social aspects. I don't know, maybe this is a way I can contribute to the hobby, since I certainly can't afford to buy much.

I will post details as the show gets closer.

Thanks very much.
Alan

Old 06-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

Alan, I would love to meet up for your dinner get-together If I can make the National this year.......
Promise me one thing though - you HAVE TO BE less self-deprecating in person than you are on these boards .

Kind regards
Daniel

Old 06-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Heffron

Way to go Alan, great idea. Are you giving out free copies of your next book?

Jim.Heffron@cox.net

Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Jim - I think you have me confused with Adam. He's the guy with the boxing book, not me.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Heffron

Sorry Alan, you're right. I'm too anxious to get a new book!

Jim.Heffron@cox.net

Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Here is one way to get a copy of Adam's books....along with many other fine periodicals

http://www.b-lauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=5186

Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Hi Alan,

I had to ask if by any chance you had any interest or knew of anyone who might have any interest in a few pieces of Jewish Boxing history. I have a Joe Choynski Police Gazette Supplement from Feb 17 1900 Mounted and framed as well as a 5x7 apeda boxing pose of Max Baer signed 1935. Plus some graded boxing cards and more. Please let me know. Thanks David

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

David -

Nice stuff. I can't afford anything, but if you post on the B/S/T, I'm sure some others will be interested.

Alan

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Administrator

OK, Here’s the story. The dinner get-together for vintage sports (ALL sports) cards & memorabilia collectors will be on Friday evening, August 1 at about 6 pm (immediately after the National ends) at Shoeless Joe’s restaurant in Rosemont, Illinois. Here is their website:

http://www.shoelessjoesrosemont.com/

The restaurant is very convenient (about 2 miles) from the National. I believe there are free shuttles that go there for those that don’t have cars. Absolutely anyone and everyone is invited (including spouses, children, etc,…) !!! Everyone will pay their own bill for what they eat/drink. (Note that this dinner get-together is unrelated to Leon's official Net54 dinner on Thurs night).

RSVPs are encouraged since I need to let the restaurant know just how many people will be coming. RSVP here or e-mail me at jewishathletes@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks very much.

Alan

Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Anyone ??????