NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Default Unopened Mayo Plug Pack...Most Annoying Seller?

Posted By: DJ

There is another thread dedicated to this seller but this time it has to do with a Mayo Plug Pack that he is selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44827&item=5195138824&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Could this be for real?

TRUELY VERY VERY RARE---MUCH RARER THAN ANY 1952 PACK-- AND COULD HOLD THE $1,000,000 CARD!!--- MUCH MUCH RARER THAN THE SWEET CAPORAL PACK I JUST EBAYED...THIS VALUE OF THIS UNOPENED PACK COULD EXCEED $10,000 EVEN A RARE PSA 9 IS GOING TO BRING UNREAL $$$ NO MATTER WHO THE PLAYER IS---

Also, can I nominate this seller for being the most obnoxious seller ever to debut on eBay?

Headache is back.

DJ

Old 05-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: qualitycards.com

I like how he shows the 1984 Topps Baseball rack pack w/ football cards inside, using the logic that anything can happen, they all made mistakes. Quite the salesman

Old 05-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vetekbob

I agree that I find this type of listing very long winded and way overdone. What he fails to understand is that those people who collect such cards and or memorabilia are already well versed in the very things that he goes out of his way to beat the potential bidder over the head with more than several times. In my mind, he is actually alienating the very people that MAY have been potentially drawn to such items if he didnt DUMB UP the listing so much with his blatant car salesman rhetoric. If the items are legit and as actually stated, then they speak for themselves and no need to do the Ripleys Believe it or Not routine. I cant help but think that the average ebayer who doesnt routinely seek and collect such items is going to get just as sick as those here of all his hype. He is actually shooting himself in the gut and doesnt even realize it.

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

The pack he shows in his add doesn't look to me like something made in 1895, but a lot of things made in 1895 don't. Aside from his obnoxious presentation, could this be a pack that might have contained Mayo Cut Plug cigarettes? I don't know.

Further ignorance: "Smoke and Chew Mayo Cut Plug Tobacco"--that's what it says on the cards. Does that refer only to loose leaf, or ready made cigaretttes as well?

Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

His presentation is so convoluted with references to 1984 football packs and Honus Wagners that don't you want to sit down with this guy and just ask him "what is going through your head when you write this stuff?"

Old 05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

Cellophane wrapped. Don't think so. Tax stamp doesn't look right for either tobacco or cigarette. Since the cards are blank backed, there wouldn't be factory numbers I would think.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

that guy is annoying. worse than that clown who sells cards on late nite tv. well, maybe not that bad? AND HE USES CAPITAL LETTERS SO YOU GET THE EFFECT HE'S SHOUTING AT YOU!

Old 05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim James

Tax stamps are on the outside of package,aren't they? I'm a smoker,every pack I've ever seen has a stamp over the cellophane.How can you get a tax stamp on a pack before it is wrapped? I'm going to the doctor in the morning to deal with the the migraine.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

Can I sue this guy for aggravating my headache? Any good plaintiffs' lawyers on this board?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

What if this is real though ? Check out his other auctions, he seems to sell things rather cheaply, but gets consistent good feedback it seems. He is annoying though.......trys way to hard.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

If it's wrapped in cellophane, it's a pack from the 1930's. No way could it contain an 1880's card.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

1984 FOOTBALL CARDS MARKED BASEBALL---THIS DOES NOT COME WITH THIS AUCTION

Bummer. I don't care about the Mayo pack but I really like 1984 football cards.

A POSSIBLE GEM MINT CAP ANSON---?????????

Wow.

COULD HOLD THE $1,000,000 CARD!!

Double wow! How did they get a 1909 T206 PSA 8 Honus Wagner inside this alleged 1895 pack?

THIS UNOPENED PACK IS UNDOUBTEDLY UNOPENED

Well, that's good enough for me!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

This guy isn't playing with a full deck- or should I say he's a mayo or two short of a set.