NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-07-2020, 04:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Wait......confused.....which doesn't take much.....what do you mean?
google it
Old 06-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
google it
Ah....I see it now.......now it's starting to make sense why Biden is hiding in his basement & has kept quiet for the most part. Whenever they (Biden or Trump) talk, they just both sound like stooges (shameless plug).

Trump can wrap up this election if he just shows empathy (which won't happen) and/or puts together a commission to address the racial bias problem.

The protesters with the "Defund the Police" signs are just morons. Yah let the community police themselves, that's a great idea.....please test that FAR from my house. Should last about a week. If that.

I was just get used to the New Normal, and now we're gonna have a New New Normal, I can't keep up.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:28 PM
J0hn H@rper

It almost feels like o/t to mention it in this thread after all the politics , but the only "stock market madness" lately has been how insanely strong the market technicals have been since the late March lows.

Since 2009 the big money has stayed invested like their money has impunity there. Never seen anything like it in all my years of trading (or before)
Old 06-07-2020, 07:20 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
It almost feels like o/t to mention it in this thread after all the politics , but the only "stock market madness" lately has been how insanely strong the market technicals have been since the late March lows.

Since 2009 the big money has stayed invested like their money has impunity there. Never seen anything like it in all my years of trading (or before)
We have had artificially low interest rates since then. Money can't sit without earning interest, so it goes into other assets like real estate or the stock market (or high-end cards.)

I've been noticing nice 1960s flannel jerseys that are all original are getting very strong prices lately.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:24 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
We have had artificially low interest rates since then. Money can't sit without earning interest, so it goes into other assets like real estate or the stock market (or high-end cards.)

I've been noticing nice 1960s flannel jerseys that are all original are getting very strong prices lately.
I know the economics behind it. But it still shouldn't be as simple as "interest rates are zero, so I always have a big advantage in the stock market". Someone with the most basic understanding of finance could have seen that for the last dozen years now and made a fortune, and obviously nothing should be that easy.

At least not usually. That was my point though; this is a rare time that it has been.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:45 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
I know the economics behind it. But it still shouldn't be as simple as "interest rates are zero, so I always have a big advantage in the stock market". Someone with the most basic understanding of finance could have seen that for the last dozen years now and made a fortune, and obviously nothing should be that easy.

At least not usually. That was my point though; this is a rare time that it has been.
funny how every day past 3 weeks on CNBC the 'experts' keep saying will have a drawback of about 10%-20%...market is overvalued etc.

If market goes up they dont get criticism, its when you say the market is great and it goes down you get criticism not the other way
Old 06-07-2020, 08:50 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
funny how every day past 3 weeks on CNBC the 'experts' keep saying will have a drawback of about 10%-20%...market is overvalued etc.

If market goes up they dont get criticism, its when you say the market is great and it goes down you get criticism not the other way
It's like a weatherman saying it may rain. He can't lose.