NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Jon Canfield

Totally agree. I got this one from the Net54 BST for around $100 I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aaron Ball.JPG (42.9 KB, 826 views)
Old 04-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

I am not a Aaron expert...Assuming this is good... i wish i could get this on my bat as it is beautiful. Does anyone know what era this autograph is? I love the sweeping H.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 04-09-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:37 AM

1980s.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
1980s.
Thank you

Old 04-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

As long as everyone is displaying their balls, I'm all in.

Mine hasn't come out of the closet yet though.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:27 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Thank you

Well,

As much as it pains the pocketbook as well as my nerves, I decided to send it in to get signed. I have never done this before so I am nervous as hell. I will be worried until I get this artifact back safe and sound(with hopefully a perfect sig). I decided to get a “755” inscription too since what is an extra $199 at the point.

$650 game used basic sig
$199 inscription
$230 shipping 2 ways insured
$15 jsa cert

$1094.

Ridiculous. But I feel like this bat should be signed. For some reason, I don’t feel all that bad giving money to Hank Aaron. I feel like he deserves it. I know that sounds odd.

I will post the after picture when I receive it mid May. Fingers crossed

Last edited by Forever Young; 04-19-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:31 AM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Well,

As much as it pains the pocketbook as well as my nerves, I decided to send it in to get signed. I have never done this before so I am nervous as hell. I will be worried until I get this artifact back safe and sound(with hopefully a perfect sig). I decided to get a “755” inscription too since what is an extra $199 at the point.

$650 game used basic sig
$199 inscription
$15 jsa cert

$1094.

Ridiculous. But I feel like this bat should be signed. For some reason, I don’t feel all that bad giving money to Hank Aaron. I feel like he deserves it. I know that sounds odd.

Odd may not be the word everyone is thinking thats for sure...But hey its your toy (the bat). Like I tell my kids but dont come crying to me when you jack it up. Hope it turns out great but I have my doubts. Post pictures and good luck!!!! How soon will you get back?

Last edited by w7imel; 04-20-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:05 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Odd may not be the word everyone is thinking thats for sure...But hey its your toy (the bat). Like I tell my kids but dont come crying to me when you jack it up. Hope it turns out great but I have my doubts. Post pictures and good luck!!!! How soon will you get back?
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Dad.

Last edited by Forever Young; 04-20-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Brock

Quote:
If given the chance, why shouldn’t someone get their gamer signed. Aaron won’t be around much longer, so it’s better to get it signed now than regret it after he has passed. And the autos on some of his gamers signed last year weren’t that bad looking.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
If given the chance, why shouldn’t someone get their gamer signed. Aaron won’t be around much longer, so it’s better to get it signed now than regret it after he has passed. And the autos on some of his gamers signed last year weren’t that bad looking.
I agree. That's an awesome bat and rationalizing giving Hank the $$$ works for me if it works for you. Hank Aaron is the last of the good guys. A man among boys. To this day, he is a man of dignity and one of the best hitters I ever saw. For all the BS he had to go through in his day, he continues to be a down to earth guy that down plays his accomplishments to this day without bitterness. Hank Aaron is a gentleman that I hope lives forever. He is an American Hero, He picked up where Jackie left off.

You know, when I was a kid watching him play, I never noticed the color of his skin. I just knew he was something special, and he will always be the Home Run King.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:35 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
For some reason, I don’t feel all that bad giving money to Hank Aaron. I feel like he deserves it. I know that sounds odd.
Not to me. It doesn't sound odd at all.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 AM
Michael I.

Quote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Dad.
I said I hope all turns out well...I really do..Im just a worrying type. I would hate to see this wonderfull gamer not turn out the way you invisioned it would thats all. I really wish nothing for the best. And by the way congrats on have such an awesome piece of baseball history!!! Can I ask the story behind where you recived it?
Old 04-21-2019, 06:46 AM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I agree. That's an awesome bat and rationalizing giving Hank the $$$ works for me if it works for you. Hank Aaron is the last of the good guys. A man among boys. To this day, he is a man of dignity and one of the best hitters I ever saw. For all the BS he had to go through in his day, he continues to be a down to earth guy that down plays his accomplishments to this day without bitterness. Hank Aaron is a gentleman that I hope lives forever. He is an American Hero, He picked up where Jackie left off.

You know, when I was a kid watching him play, I never noticed the color of his skin. I just knew he was something special, and he will always be the Home Run King.
++! He will always be the home run king!!! And Maris will always be the true single season leader until someone who isnt PED using proves otherwise!
Old 04-21-2019, 06:53 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
I guess my $0.02 is that OP can always earn more money, but he might not get another chance to have Hank Aaron sign his piece, and at 85 years old, the window is closing fast. Even if it wasn’t, his signature is what it is, and isn’t going to improve, so best to get it done now before his handwriting declines further.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Matt

Default Aaron bat

I would definitely get that Aaron bat signed if it was mine. You would regret it 5-10 years from now if you didn't when given the chance. Good move, IMO.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I 100% agree that you sending the bat in is a wonderful thing. And in my experiance in getting game used equipment signed is that most players take their time and try to sign the item with their best signature.
My decision to purchase an already signed topps poster was not comparable to your situation. Having a Significant Game used bat of one of the best to ever play the game I agree with others who said that you would most likely regret not having it signed. I am sure it will add to your enjoyment of the bat and would say Mr. Aaron will get a charge from holding the bat again and signing it for you..Best of luck.
Jonathan
Old 04-22-2019, 10:48 PM
J@son C@rter

Default Bat

Good luck with your signing, you may be pleasantly surprised just as I was with a recent signing. I cracked out a PSA 4 1955 Bowman for him to sign and was floored when I received it. It looks to be one of the best signatures he has done in recent time and you can tell that he took his time doing it. It would be perfect if he could have completed the loop in his "k". I believe that he will see the importance of the item and take extra care when signing. Here is the link to my album of Hank Aaron autos including the 55 Bowman:

Last edited by maddux311; 04-23-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Pic
Old 04-23-2019, 06:49 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

You'll be kicking yourself if you dont get it signed!

He wont be around forever, and if you think prices have spiked now, wait until he passes

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Well, since we're doing Aaron through the decades types, here's one with an exact date for the database:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Well,

$650 game used basic sig
$199 inscription
$15 jsa cert

$1094.

Did you get it back yet???? I hope it turned out great! I have thought alot about it Sent you a private message as well.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Well, since we're doing Aaron through the decades types, here's one with an exact date for the database:

Loved seeing the Ball Park Promotions autograph ticket. I also saved all of mine from those signings. I thought they would serve as proof of authenticity, but as Adam points out, they also serve as a date marker for the style of signature.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Did you get it back yet???? I hope it turned out great! I have thought alot about it Sent you a private message as well.
No, I have not. It sounds like you have thought more about it than me...ha

Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Well,

$650 game used basic sig
$199 inscription
$15 jsa cert

$1094.

The nervousness is totally understood. I think Waukesha Sports (sp?) will handle the item with care. It is difficult to lose/damage a bat. I would call/email to let them know the bat is coming. I hope the shipping required a signature. As for Mr. Aaron's autograph being a pos: it is his autograph at this point and time of his life. I hope you enjoy the final product.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:59 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
The nervousness is totally understood. I think Waukesha Sports (sp?) will handle the item with care. It is difficult to lose/damage a bat. I would call/email to let them know the bat is coming. I hope the shipping required a signature. As for Mr. Aaron's autograph being a pos: it is his autograph at this point and time of his life. I hope you enjoy the final product.
They last signing yielded my item a PSA 10 auto grade, whether or not it's a 10 in your eyes, the beauty is in the eye if the (be) holder.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
No, I have not. It sounds like you have thought more about it than me...ha
Dude maybe i have I hope it turned out perfect!!!! Please post!
Old 05-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Received

Hank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 503620B9-08DC-438F-BAE5-BD486F5AF2E8.jpg (15.4 KB, 417 views)

Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Hank
Holy crap that's gorgeous.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:46 AM
Ryan

Came out great, as it should for that price! Congrats!
Old 05-21-2019, 07:08 AM
Brendan Mullen

Came out almost perfect!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I'm glad it worked out, not many more chances to have a private item signed .

Old 05-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Curran Wilkinson

Looks incredible! I’m quite jealous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Michael I.

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I ever doubted it would...I was wrong for sure!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2019, 04:58 PM

Ben

When you fist posted about this I thought it might be a mistake considering how most of Aaron's signatures look these days, but I have to say you made the right choice and it looks really nice man!
Old 05-21-2019, 05:38 PM
Jeff Lazarus

That bat looks outstanding.

I'm thinking of having Aaron sign a game-used lineup card I have from his rookie season, though I'd definitely be nervous.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:44 AM

Wow, Ben!!!
I'm really happy for you. That turned out SWEET!!
Old 05-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Thank you everyone. The only thing I am a bit annoyed with is I specifically asked for black marker. The company said no problem. Apparently there was a problem. Ha! That said, the blue looks great and it is braves color I guess. It was well worth the money and then some on this item. Hip hip for Hank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Ben

When you fist posted about this I thought it might be a mistake considering how most of Aaron's signatures look these days, but I have to say you made the right choice and it looks really nice man!
No guts no glory my friend.

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-22-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Chuck Tapia

I re-double what everybody else has said, WOW WOW.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Thought you might enjoy this... its your actual bat in Hank's hands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aaron.jpg (8.5 KB, 397 views)
Old 05-23-2019, 06:27 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
Thought you might enjoy this... its your actual bat in Hank's hands.
Cool but I thought this was a private signing?!? are you an employee at the shop? Was a picture taken of every item?

Last edited by Forever Young; 05-23-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:22 PM
A.lex R@nthu.m

Anyone know of any upcoming Aaron private signings?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Eric Cheng

Is he still signing any more?
Old 10-17-2019, 12:31 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I'm really confused as to how his sig could be so bad for a couple of years and now back to the way it was back in the 90's. Was he sick for awhile, or was mass signings affecting his sig? Gotta believe it was maybe both, and maybe that's why his fee is so much higher these days since he might not sign as many in a sitting. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:41 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

The last one was 25 items only I believe through Tom Orr.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:30 PM

I met Hammerin' Hank in 2013. He was gracious and friendly. He is getting older, and it is clearly more difficult than ever for him to handle public appearances.

That said, I have participated in Aaron private signings. I believe it is worth the money. Your items turn out extraordinarily well done.

I also chuckle when people complain about the fees athletes charge for autographs. The market drives fees; the egos of athletes do not. The minute someone won't pay a certain price for an autograph, it will be reduced. For example, I have noticed that Jim Brown in person autograph signings fees are coming down a bit.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:39 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

The fees are determined by the promoter, not the athlete. The athlete wants a certain amount and could care less what the promoter charges. The athletes ego is usually in line with the market. The promoter’s on the other hand. They usually try to get the public to pay for the entire fee then get hundreds of items signed for themselves or others at a greatly reduced rate.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
The fees are determined by the promoter, not the athlete. The athlete wants a certain amount and could care less what the promoter charges. The athletes ego is usually in line with the market. The promoter’s on the other hand. They usually try to get the public to pay for the entire fee then get hundreds of items signed for themselves or others at a greatly reduced rate.
+1
Old 10-18-2019, 09:54 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

If anyone "desreves" their fee, I'd put Hank right up there.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:47 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Funny, I'd put Pud Galvin up there.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Michael

It may have been a bad day for Hank (a worse one for me) but in 1967 I went down to the Roosevelt Hotel where the Braves stayed when in NYC to play the Mets. I was a big Braves fan and was getting autographs in an autograph book. I saw Hank outside the hotel and nervously approached him and said "Mr Aaron, can you be sign my book". I do not remeber how he looked at me but he said "Go play in the traffic son" and walked away and I was crushed. AS a result I always have a hard time when folks say what a great guy he is. But again maybe he was having a bad day?
Old 10-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
It may have been a bad day for Hank (a worse one for me) but in 1967 I went down to the Roosevelt Hotel where the Braves stayed when in NYC to play the Mets. I was a big Braves fan and was getting autographs in an autograph book. I saw Hank outside the hotel and nervously approached him and said "Mr Aaron, can you be sign my book". I do not remeber how he looked at me but he said "Go play in the traffic son" and walked away and I was crushed. AS a result I always have a hard time when folks say what a great guy he is. But again maybe he was having a bad day?
My buddy the lifelong Cardinal fan had a similar experience with Bob Gibson and to this day he hates him, bad day or not.