NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Steve Birmingham

Who knows, maybe he collects?

It's possible this is all about the illuminati and their stash of Wagners rescued from ALC which are right next to the 52High numbers that were NOT actually dumped in the Hudson or ocean or wherever.

And all stored in Ukraine....
Old 03-02-2022, 11:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Let's try not to make it too political and continue. Personally I think we should be doing more to help. Aren't there some long range missiles, somewhere, that can be lobbed into Russian military...and maybe Putin? Not from the US, but some of our allies?
And I understand why Russia isn't kicked out of all SWIFT but there has to be other ways than continuing to buy 500k barrels of oil from Russia, currently? At least that is what I read. This is complicated but it's very clear Putin has committed crimes against humanity. Hopefully he will be help accountable some day.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:32 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Not from the US, but some of our allies?
I'm very surprised that the Poles, Romanians, and the Baltic states aren't getting involved more. Once Putin gets done gobbling up Ukraine, they are next on the menu. And if the Finns want Karelia back, now's the time to get it.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I don't understand what this thread is getting at.
I took it as the OP wants the US, Israel, the UK, France, and India to dismantle all of their nuclear weapons, those other three never will.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:57 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
I'm very surprised that the Poles, Romanians, and the Baltic states aren't getting involved more. Once Putin gets done gobbling up Ukraine, they are next on the menu. And if the Finns want Karelia back, now's the time to get it.
He's not touching Poland or Romania.

He just wants what the Soviet Union lost.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post

The Baltic States?
Old 03-02-2022, 02:57 PM
Dave

Quote:

The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore. Not any more then Yugoslavia, or an undivided Korea.

Russia exists. Ukraine exists. Soviet Union does not. There are countries that CHOSE to remain under the influence of Russia. Ukraine was not one of them.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:

They were both part of the Eastern Bloc.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:12 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

sorry, to clarify, he just wants those countries they had that are not NATO countries, or that was his original plan anyway.

so I highly doubt he's going after Poland, Romania and the Baltic States.

especially after he sees how this is going.

he's gonna get Ukraine back and that will probably be the end of it, again after he saw how everyone else has united against him.

If he was hoping for ALL those countries, guessing this has changed his mind. He'll take Ukraine though, what's left of it anyway.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-02-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Matt

Quote:
And I understand why Russia isn't kicked out of all SWIFT
I really hope they're banished from the SWIFT system, then other forms of payment will be required for the oil, but I don't think the Central Banks will go this route unfortunately.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:52 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Well, it highlights, yet again, why we should produce as much energy here as we can, for our own use as well as our allies. Being dependent on the Middle East and Russia for energy is a miserable strategy.

The economic pain being inflicted on Russia will bring Putin to his knees long before the Ukranians stop fighting. Not to mention, the military isn't backing this invasion, the soldiers have very low morale, protests in Russia continue, supplies and mercenaries are flooding into Ukraine from many (highly motivated) countries, and so on.

Europe has seen this kind of land grab by a megalomaniac before and this time they are confronting it early, with a tightly unified effort.

Frankly, NATO is much stronger now than ever before, and it will soon be adding more members, like Finland for sure.

Putin loses this military quagmire, is humiliated, and will not survive in power. Meanwhile, I'm watching with interest how Bitcoin fares in all this.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:24 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Well, it highlights, yet again, why we should produce as much energy here as we can, for our own use as well as our allies. Being dependent on the Middle East and Russia for energy is a miserable strategy.

The economic pain being inflicted on Russia will bring Putin to his knees long before the Ukranians stop fighting. Not to mention, the military isn't backing this invasion, the soldiers have very low morale, protests in Russia continue, supplies and mercenaries are flooding into Ukraine from many (highly motivated) countries, and so on.

Europe has seen this kind of land grab by a megalomaniac before and this time they are confronting it early, with a tightly unified effort.

Frankly, NATO is much stronger now than ever before, and it will soon be adding more members, like Finland for sure.

Putin loses this military quagmire, is humiliated, and will not survive in power. Meanwhile, I'm watching with interest how Bitcoin fares in all this.
Sadly you are incorrect. Baring an overthrow of Putin internally it's highly unlikely what you say plays out. He will take the Ukraine and fairly soon.

Yes, many of the Russian soldiers may be against what they are doing, but remove your American way of thinking. In Russia you do what you are told or you disappear and/or spend your life in prison.

See what happens to their protestors. Are they allowed to protest or thrown in jail?

Putin is old school, he cares nothing about Twitter, Social Media, the free world's opinion of him, etc.

And with all these sanctions has he pulled ANYTHING back, or moved forward with his plan.

He will take Ukraine. They just can't win a war of attrition with Russia.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:56 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
He will take Ukraine. They just can't win a war of attrition with Russia.
If Afghanistan could bog down Russia for a decade, and the USA for 2 decades, the people of Ukraine can continue to resist long enough for Russia to be brought to its knees economically.

The Ruble is now worth less than one cent and the Russian stock market can't even open because the minute it does, it collapses. Vlad might not care, but every other Russian does.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:06 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
If Afghanistan could bog down Russia for a decade, and the USA for 2 decades, the people of Ukraine can continue to resist long enough for Russia to be brought to its knees economically.

The Ruble is now worth less than one cent and the Russian stock market can't even open because the minute it does, it collapses. Vlad might not care, but every other Russian does.
It's good to be optimistic. However, I'm realistic.

2 decades, don't compare the 2 it's like comparing apples and borscht.......this will be over by April 1, and that's no joke.

Do you have any idea how long a 40 mile military caravan is? (40 miles)......but seriously just imagine that, 40 miles, one after the other, and yes I know they have some issues, but they will correct and keep moving forward. Just a matter of time.

Russia will take Ukraine.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-03-2022 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:30 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:

Do you have any idea how long a 40 mile military caravan is?

Russia will take Ukraine.
https://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-col...120729379.html

Russian troops are struggling without food and fuel, a Ukrainian colonel told The Wall Street Journal.

It comes as the US and UK say the 40-mile-long Russian military convoy bearing down on Kyiv is stalled.

UK intelligence said it was "delayed by staunch Ukrainian resistance, mechanical breakdown and congestion."

The 40-mile-long Russian military convoy bearing down on Ukraine's capital city appears to have been stalled for days, and a Ukrainian colonel said Russian troops were running low on supplies and morale.

The Ukrainian colonel told The Wall Street Journal: "The Russians thought they could break through and be in Kyiv in a couple of days. They didn't realize that we have learned how to wage war in the past eight years."

"Now they sit there, hungry, without fuel, demoralized, and we just come in every little while and pop them off. And every day, we are pushing them back."

The remarks come as the US and UK said the military convoy, which was spotted in Sunday satellite images apparently approaching Kyiv, had made little progress.

The UK Ministry of Defence said on Thursday the convoy was about 30 kilometers (19 miles) from Kyiv's center and struggling with issues including resistance from Ukrainians. Since last week's invasion, ordinary Ukrainians have been taking up arms to fend off Russian forces.

"The main body of the large Russian column advancing on Kyiv remains over 30km from the centre of the city having been delayed by staunch Ukrainian resistance, mechanical breakdown and congestion. The column has made little discernible progress in over three days," it said.

A senior US defense official also told reporters on Wednesday: "We believe that the convoy is stalled."

NPR reported that the convoy includes tanks, armored vehicles, artillery and supplies.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:45 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

yep know all that....and probably true.

But again just a matter of time.

Other cities are falling in the meantime.

I mean it's not like Putin doesn't have a map of everything that is in that country.

He knows where everything is.

He'll turn the entire city into rubble in the meantime.

Be so nice if the Russian soldiers laid down their weapons and said F this, but you know where that will land them. Or if they really truly were incompetent , but these are temporary setbacks. They will correct and move forward.

Beer bottle molatov cocktails ain't gonna get it done.

Believe me I'm rooting for the underdog too, but odds are 99-1 against.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:01 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I would expect Russia to take Ukraine, but either way, I see no way for them to hold it. I cannot see this as anything but a colossal blunder on Putin's part.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Let's try not to make it too political and continue. Personally I think we should be doing more to help. Aren't there some long range missiles, somewhere, that can be lobbed into Russian military...and maybe Putin? Not from the US, but some of our allies?
And I understand why Russia isn't kicked out of all SWIFT but there has to be other ways than continuing to buy 500k barrels of oil from Russia, currently? At least that is what I read. This is complicated but it's very clear Putin has committed crimes against humanity. Hopefully he will be help accountable some day.
500K barrels a day. And that's just about 7% of all oil imports.
Our domestic production is about 11.28 million a day.

But we export more than we import.

The stuff we get from Russia is used to serve some more remote areas and to balance off supply at refineries to keep them at capacity.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:23 AM
Dave

Quote:
sorry, to clarify, he just wants those countries they had that are not NATO countries, or that was his original plan anyway.

so I highly doubt he's going after Poland, Romania and the Baltic States.

especially after he sees how this is going.

he's gonna get Ukraine back and that will probably be the end of it, again after he saw how everyone else has united against him.

If he was hoping for ALL those countries, guessing this has changed his mind. He'll take Ukraine though, what's left of it anyway.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't disagree with much of what you've said here and in later posts.

I think he was hoping to take Ukraine in one piece early on, so he wouldn't have to rebuild it for his own purposes.

There's definitely resources in the Ukraine he wants to extract for himself. He's been stewing on this since 2014 when free elections and Zelensky, essentially kicked him out of the country.

Crimea was just the start.

Coincidentally (or not), the largest known deposit of Gold in the Ukraine, is in the Donbass region.

Not to mention all the lithium, uranium and coal that comes out of The Ukraine.

If he doesn't get to keep it, he's certainly going to try and completely flatten it on the way out.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Our domestic production is about 11.28 million a day.
Hi Steve.......is this still true, or is it a number from a couple years ago when gas was sub $2 a gallon? I thought a large amount of domestic oil production has pretty much been stalled in the past year. No?
Old 03-03-2022, 11:49 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

It's time to wave the white flag.

I know Zelensky & the Ukraines want to fight, but Zelensky will save a lot of lives if he throws in the towel.

It's going to be the same outcome whether they fight now or not.

At a certain point in a boxing match the manager has to say does he want his guy to continue to take a beaten or stop it and hope for another day down the road.

If you are eliminated there is no new day down the road.
Old 03-03-2022, 12:18 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
Hi Steve.......is this still true, or is it a number from a couple years ago when gas was sub $2 a gallon? I thought a large amount of domestic oil production has pretty much been stalled in the past year. No?
Gas was sub $2 a gallon because the pandemic hit, travel stopped...and with that, demand fell off quickly.

Oil companies had to stockpile it and had nowhere to put it, which is why oil was selling for less then $0 a barrel for awhile there.

They won't make that mistake again, anytime in the near future.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:06 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:

I know Zelensky & the Ukraines want to fight, but Zelensky will save a lot of lives if he throws in the towel.

At a certain point in a boxing match the manager has to say does he want his guy to continue to take a beaten or stop it and hope for another day down the road.

I had dinner with one of my former professors and advisor last night. He heads the history department at the college I attended and is probably one of the top 5 experts on WWI in the United States. His wife is a fellow at a major European political policy institute which is providing some of the most accurate and precise analysis of the war. His analysis is thus:

Starting at 0% from the moment Russia invaded he gives Ukraine a half percent more chance to win (Russian eventual withdrawal with no occupation) with every 48 hours that passes with the Ukrainian government intact and a supply line from NATO forces to Ukrainian.

They are out manned 11-1 and outgunned 100-1, but.... they are arguably much better trained, have better personal equipment, knowledge of the war zone, and most importantly a desire to fight to defend their homeland and democracy. Kyiv will likely become a battle for every building and in that scenario it normally takes 5 highly trained and motivated attackers for every 1 defender. As the world as astoundingly realized, the Russian main assault force has proven to be poorly trained and supported, lacking such basic needs as adequate comms, fuel, and rations.

You are absolutely right that someone should surrender to save more spilled blood - the Russian invading force. I would never expect my nation to kneel to an autocratic invasion and I sure wouldn’t ever ask someone else to do so either.

Zelensky is damned hero in the face of adversity unmatched, or as my friend put it “The world witnessing another Nation’s George Washington in real time.”

I sincerely hope Ukraine fights until the tide turns and the invading snake decapitates itself.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
I had dinner with one of my former professors and advisor last night. He heads the history department at the college I attended and is probably one of the top 5 experts on WWI in the United States. His wife is a fellow at a major European political policy institute which is providing some of the most accurate and precise analysis of the war. His analysis is thus:

Starting at 0% from the moment Russia invaded he gives Ukraine a half percent more chance to win (Russian eventual withdrawal with no occupation) with every 48 hours that passes with the Ukrainian government intact and a supply line from NATO forces to Ukrainian.

They are out manned 11-1 and outgunned 100-1, but.... they are arguably much better trained, have better personal equipment, knowledge of the war zone, and most importantly a desire to fight to defend their homeland and democracy. Kyiv will likely become a battle for every building and in that scenario it normally takes 5 highly trained and motivated attackers for every 1 defender. As the world as astoundingly realized, the Russian main assault force has proven to be poorly trained and supported, lacking such basic needs as adequate comms, fuel, and rations.

You are absolutely right that someone should surrender to save more spilled blood - the Russian invading force. I would never expect my nation to kneel to an autocratic invasion and I sure wouldn’t ever ask someone else to do so either.

Zelensky is damned hero in the face of adversity unmatched, or as my friend put it “The world witnessing another Nation’s George Washington in real time.”

I sincerely hope Ukraine fights until the tide turns and the invading snake decapitates itself.
Well hopefully he studied WWII as well. Look at Stalingrad. Germans had the better army, but in time the numbers win out. The supply lines will eventually be cut off. Putin who already isn't playing fair, will continue to up that. And he'll gladly give up 5 of his for 1 of theirs.

Stalingrad took 6 months. Obviously not exactly the same situation, but similar enough. This will be over in a much shorter time frame.

Sad, but true.

Edited to add - I also do not want to see all those kids and babies grow up without a dad. I understand and respect and am in awe of Zelensky's passion/patriotism/dedication, but I prefer to see him and everyone left live. Zelensky should negotiate a surrender, maybe they can get a third of the country, Putin takes 2/3. Try to get it back down the road. Putin ain't gonna live forever. It would save a lot of lives.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-03-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:10 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Well hopefully he studied WWII as well. Look at Stalingrad. Germans had the better army, but in time the numbers win out. The supply lines will eventually be cut off. Putin who already isn't playing fair, will continue to up that. And he'll gladly give up 5 of his for 1 of theirs.
It isn't just a war scenario - military vs opposition. The sanctions are absolutely devastating to Russia's economy, and eventually, to its ability and will to continue this. Time is on the side of the Ukranians.

A better combat analogy I think is our own Civil War. Grant keeping Lee at bay, while Sherman was wrecking the South's economy, ability and will to fight.

Sanctions are doing to Putin what Sherman did to the Confederates.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:14 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:

Is the goal to keep breathing, or to be able to actually live a life? We're seeing exactly what Putin is, and how casually he's willing to murder people by the thousands. Do you suppose existing under his iron fist would be a life you would want for yourself and your family?

"Give me liberty or give me death..."
Old 03-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
A better combat analogy I think is our own Civil War. Grant keeping Lee at bay, while Sherman was wrecking the South's economy, ability and will to fight.

Shameless plug for the Navy, which blockaded the southern coast and strangled their trade.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:09 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Shameless plug for the Navy, which blockaded the southern coast and strangled their trade.
The Shermans appreciate it, though a trip to GA isnt on my radar without a name change

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-04-2022, 06:32 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
It isn't just a war scenario - military vs opposition. The sanctions are absolutely devastating to Russia's economy, and eventually, to its ability and will to continue this. Time is on the side of the Ukranians.

Yah, but unfortunately Zelensky's future is looking like General Custer.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:15 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:

"Give me liberty or give me death..."

That's a false dilemma.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:32 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Yah, but unfortunately Zelensky's future is looking like General Custer.
If the Russians assassinate him, they "accomplish" 2 things:

1. They immortalize him as a martyr and rallying call
2. They put the assassination of Putin on the table
Old 03-04-2022, 09:55 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

The Ruble-USD exchange rate is currently 128-1. For context, it was 80-1 a week ago, and 35-1 before the invasion of Crimea.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:42 AM
D@le Irv*n

Serious question. How do we know what we are being told about anything is actually factual, true and unbiased?

Seen pics that were taken years ago and vids that have been used taken from Sony play station games.
My faith in trusting anything the media says to me is at an all time low so I'm curious where this stands with other members commenting here?
What do you actually know to be true?
Attached Images
File Type: png meddiaa3.png (152.9 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by irv; 03-04-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Dave

Last edited by D. Bergin; 03-04-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:03 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Serious question. How do we know what we are being told about anything is actually factual, true and unbiased?
When CNN, Fox, CBS, MSNBC, Reuters, Associated Press, the BBC, and reports, speeches, and votes (like regarding war crimes) that come from the UN all say basically the same things, I think you can believe it to be at least 95% accurate.

When Putin says he isn't targeting civilians, I think you can be assured he is lying.

When you see multiple images and videos of Putin ridiculously sitting 20 feet away from everyone else at the lonely end of an elongated table, you can assume he is paranoid to the extreme.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:45 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
When CNN, Fox, CBS, MSNBC, Reuters, Associated Press, the BBC, and reports, speeches, and votes (like regarding war crimes) that come from the UN all say basically the same things, I think you can believe it to be at least 95% accurate.

When Putin says he isn't targeting civilians, I think you can be assured he is lying.

When you see multiple images and videos of Putin ridiculously sitting 20 feet away from everyone else at the lonely end of an elongated table, you can assume he is paranoid to the extreme.
I watched a Fox report last week and they clearly said, "Who the hell knows what is really going on"

Before anyone thinks I am cheering Putin on or advocating for war, death and destruction, think again, but I can't help to be brought back to the WMD stories that all of MSM spewed to us before the Gulf war. How'd that story play out?

I believe our media is corrupt and biased with a penchant for protecting U.S. interests by creating and pushing false narratives in an effort to make them look all divine and the like so I really have a hard time believing much of anything that we are being told about Putin, Russia, Zelenskyy and the Ukraine.
Imo, there is definitely more to this story than what we are being told.

Last edited by irv; 03-04-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:58 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
I watched a Fox report last week and they clearly said, "Who the hell knows what is really going on"

Before anyone thinks I am cheering Putin on or advocating for war, death and destruction, think again, but I can't help to be brought back to the WMD stories that all of MSM spewed to us before the Gulf war. How'd that story play out?

I believe our media is corrupt and biased with a penchant for protecting U.S. interests by creating and pushing false narratives in an effort to make them look all divine and the like so I really have a hard time believing much of anything that we are being told about Putin, Russia, Zelenskyy and the Ukraine.
Imo, there is definitely more to this story than what we are being told.
If you can't figure out who started this war, and therefore who the bad guys are, I actually feel sorry for you. Yes, it is always good to be skeptical to a degree, but come on. Isn't this specific invasion clear enough to see it for what it is?

Sure, we don't know all the details. But we do see bombs and artillery shelling Ukranian cities, and miles upon miles of tanks invading across a sovereign border. Or are you thinking all the many competing news services in the free word are colluding to fool you?
Old 03-04-2022, 01:00 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

oh yah and let's not forget how our military AND our government (up to the President) BS'd the public about Pat Tillman's death.

and no one was ever held accountable.

I don't think anyone doubts what is happening here......but all sides will have their own propaganda. Looks to be the Russians WAY more so here, but there will be some BS coming from the good side as well. Zelensky has tried some already, but can't blame him.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-04-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:17 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
If you can't figure out who started this war, and therefore who the bad guys are, I actually feel sorry for you. Yes, it is always good to be skeptical to a degree, but come on. Isn't this specific invasion clear enough to see it for what it is?

Sure, we don't know all the details. But we do see bombs and artillery shelling Ukranian cities, and miles upon miles of tanks invading across a sovereign border. Or are you thinking all the many competing news services in the free word are colluding to fool you?
So, Putin, just out of the blue, decided to invade Ukraine for something to do?
Imo, the story that should be told is someone and/or something poked the bear, but of course we are hearing very little about that side of it.

And, just so you know, the media is happy to embellish and outright lie to you as they compete for viewership and ratings.
Sensationalism by any means necessary is used each and everyday by each and everyone of them.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:45 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
So, Putin, just out of the blue, decided to invade Ukraine for something to do?
See, it wasn't so hard to figure out.

He's trying to put the Soviet Union back together. First was Crimea, next Ukraine, then if all goes well, Moldova, and so on.

Seriously, don't you think Russia is invading, for the purpose of taking over, the Ukraine? And how hard would one have to poke the bear to justify that?
Old 03-04-2022, 02:51 PM
Matt

Quote:
Mark, the MSM has pushed propaganda to fit their narrative for decades. Why would this situation be any different? Is Putin a good guy? NO....but wouldn't you be interested learning if there was a different story not being told? I sure would.

Quote:
Or are you thinking all the many competing news services in the free word are colluding to fool you?
For as often as they're been proven wrong, YES!
Old 03-04-2022, 03:00 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Mark, the MSM has pushed propaganda to fit their narrative for decades. Why would this situation be any different? Is Putin a good guy? NO....but wouldn't you be interested learning if there was a different story not being told? I sure would.

For as often as they're been proven wrong, YES!
Yeah, I'm sure Hitler had an excuse to invade sovereign nations one after the other, too. Gosh, maybe he really was the victim after all.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:01 PM
Bob C.

The sad truth is that totally innocent men, women, and children are being hurt and dying because of this action, regardless of who initially started it and their reasons for doing so.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:06 PM
D@le Irv*n

And, just like I thought. Lots of North American interest in regards to Putin and the Ukraine.
What he says about Chrystia Freeland is 100% true. She was seen with this group holding this flag.
(Watch the Jimmy Dore vid below. You'll learn something)
https://youtu.be/KfaAyiP8Wuc
https://tnc.news/2022/03/03/national...stia-freeland/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ukraine.jpg (102.8 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by irv; 03-04-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:11 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
And, just like I thought. Lots of North American interest in regards to Putin and the Ukraine.
What he says about Chrystia Freeland is 100% true. She was seen with this group holding this flag.
(Watch the Jimmy Dore vid below. You'll learn something)
https://youtu.be/KfaAyiP8Wuc
https://tnc.news/2022/03/03/national...stia-freeland/
Why do you continue to trust Jimmy Dore?
Old 03-04-2022, 03:28 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Why do you continue to trust Jimmy Dore?
You didn't watch the video, did you? No need to answer. I know from the time you posted you practically had zero chance to.

Almost everything he broadcasts uses media sources, govt documents or first hand testimony as the focus of each show. Kinda like real journalists should do. Pretty pathetic that a comedian is putting the boots to MSM networks.
Why doesn't CNN or MSNBC invite him to their shows? Fox does. What are the others afraid of?
Old 03-04-2022, 03:34 PM
Matt

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure Hitler had an excuse to invade sovereign nations one after the other, too. Gosh, maybe he really was the victim after all.
I was only suggesting there might be more at play we're not being told, not that Putin is an innocent Saint.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
There was a dip in April 2020, but it came back pretty quickly.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MCRFPUS2&f=M
Old 03-04-2022, 04:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

5 minutes in to that video and just WTF? A nutcase using the posturing of an even less coherent nutcase to support something that isn't at all clear...

Overall reaction?

Who? ranting about who?

Oh, a startup "news" organization that can't or won't even supply computers to their work from home employees....
Did they check if she knows either Russian or Ukranian? If not, how would she know what the banner said. And if she did what are the chances she knows some obscure historical groups slogans?

The weekly world news is a more credible source.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:29 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
5 minutes in to that video and just WTF? A nutcase using the posturing of an even less coherent nutcase to support something that isn't at all clear...

Overall reaction?

Who? ranting about who?

Oh, a startup "news" organization that can't or won't even supply computers to their work from home employees....
Did they check if she knows either Russian or Ukranian? If not, how would she know what the banner said. And if she did what are the chances she knows some obscure historical groups slogans?

The weekly world news is a more credible source.
Yeah, keep believing that and believe you're being informed.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/GS8TU...gjJB8um5koRLE0