NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-14-2021, 04:36 PM
Eddie Zuercher

Default PSA barcode does it tell PSA the service level?

I used to write the service level on the outside of cards that I was submitting to PSA but I thought that when they went to putting the barcode on the outside of the box they didn't want the service level on the box. Today I read where they do want the service level on the outside of the box. I sent a super express order to them without the level on the side of the box and am hoping the barcode let's them know the level. Does anyone know if it does or has anyone done this and if so did there cards get graded in the timeframe you paid for. I know they never do but the last few super express orders I have sent in had a turn around of about 2 weeks. Thanks for any info Eddie eddiez234@att.net
Old 03-14-2021, 07:03 PM
Howard Chasser

Default PSA Timeframe = oxymoron

My understanding is the barcode is all that needs to be on the outside of the box. That said, I just sent them a card at the super express service level that tracking shows arrived to them on Friday March 5th - that hasn't been "received" by them yet!!! So it seems they have traded excessive turnaround times for excessive receiving times - you can't make this stuff up!
Old 03-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
My understanding is the barcode is all that needs to be on the outside of the box. That said, I just sent them a card at the super express service level that tracking shows arrived to them on Friday March 5th - that hasn't been "received" by them yet!!! So it seems they have traded excessive turnaround times for excessive receiving times - you can't make this stuff up!
Same experience here. It's crazy.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:29 AM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
That's wild, Howard. I had a Super Express sub that arrived at PSA on 3/3, and I got the cards back in hand last Thursday. I also had one Walk-Through card in the same box, which arrived the same day, and got back to me on Tuesday. The other four orders (Express & Regular, Auto & Non-Auto) have not yet been logged.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:34 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Two weeks ago they had 25,000 packages being held at the post office box.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:49 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

They still ask for service level written on package so sorters can toss in the right bin. The bar code has the submission number on it so that's how they can tell it was received as yours. Without service level on the box they have to scan and look up service level before sorting it... Extra step for them in receiving.
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:16 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Follow up

So yesterday I received an email noting that a submission I sent on March 13th delivered March 15th was received. Having still not received a similar email for my March 5th delivery, I got a bit uncomfortable. Having been told for 2 days by an auto attendant that the call queue was filled and to try back "tomorrow", I got creative and was actually able to get a live person on the phone who was able to help.
I have offered plenty of criticism and feel it is only fair that I report my first great experience in quite a while - after getting to the "right person", my package was found and entered within a couple of hours - by late last night, my card had been graded and I got a notification that it is on its way back to me!! Now that's quick turnaround! Thank you to those at PSA that helped make this experience happen.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.