NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default Click to bottom of page

Posted By: Steve Murray

Some of these threads ae getting pretty lengthy (and that's a good thing!) but it's a tad unwieldy to have to scroll to the bottom when a simple "click to bottom" would do it. I guess we here on the post-war site just are not as important as those vintage guys (and Joann).

Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

I think it takes a Mastro-related thread to apply for that function.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "click to bottom" function!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

It's called "Bottom of Page" and when you get there there is a button that says "Top of Page"

Old 08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator

I just found it. How many years have I been posting and I didn't even know about it? Just pitiful!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony

those NY dinner threads get pretty lengthy too

Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

If it makes you feel better Barry I had no clue there was such a button either until I read this post. I've always waited for the page to load and then scrolled all the way to the bottom.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Shoot. I never saw Bottom of Page button either, but you don't need it. I just hit the "End" button on my keyboard and it takes you to the bottom of any thread, including those on this part of the site.

Joann

Old 08-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Administrator

The computer is still this great mystery to me. There are all these things you can do but I've never learned them.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Now you know Joann that is a new one for me too. Suspect that if you hit "home" it may take you back to the top. I'm going to try it once I post this.

Yep. It did it. Hit "end" to go to the bottom and "home" back to the top.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Hitting the INSERT button causes a Topps decal to appear.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Joann, I don't think I've ever even noticed the "End" key before either...I had to search for it. Any other tricks you folks want to let me in on to make my Net54 surfing easier?

Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
Most folks probably already know this, but if you are typing on a field, and you want to move your cursor to a previous field, hold the shift key and press the tab button. For example, as I am typing this post I can go back to the Message Title field by holding down the shift key and pressing tab once. Pressing tab without the shift key will get me back to where I am typing. I believe this works with all winows based products, but I am not sure. I too would love to hear more tips.
Alan

Old 08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Administrator

in Internet Explorer:

Page Up or Page Down buttons move you either up or down one screen at a time. One tap per screen.

On a keyboard with Function buttons (The F keys at the top of the keyboard):

F11 enlarges the browser to full screen size. Press F11 again to return to regular size.

Ctrl F (hold down the Ctrl with your left pinky and tap the F letter key) will bring up a Find/Search box. This is great in long threads when you want to find something in particular.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

If you haven't entered any text on a screen, the backspace key will return you to the previous screen.

I fly through Net54 as long as I kind of keep up with the threads. Click with mouse on thread (left hand - I'm a lefty), hit End w/right hand to bottom, read last two or three posts to get current, backspace with right hand back to main forum page, click next thread, End then backspace, etc etc. Takes minutes to flip through them all that way. Mouse clicking everything drives me nuts.

Joann