NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-23-2012, 07:10 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Default Fantasy Baseball, how are your teams doing?

Well, with the season winding down, my league wraps up tonight. It's my first year ever taking part in fantasy, and it's been a fun one.. I'm in a H2H pts. league, and got lucky all season.. Started off 3-3, but currently 20-4 thanks to a 14 game win streak earlier in the year....Now in the Championship game with only tonight to go...Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just wondering how everyone else's teams are doing, or did?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Dan Brown

I'm in H2H league also and in the final as well, last night tonight. Losing today but catagories are tight. My studs Trumbo and McCutchen are slumping and I surged thanks to FA pickups Headley and LaRoche and Hill.
Fingers crossed.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Very nice. Currently each of us have 2 Pitching starts remaining(Kuroda and an emergency start from Homer for me.. Weaver and Griffin for him.) I'm up by 60, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable(but crazier sh!t has happened)... Luckily, I've also got 3 bats in the double-header today, Miggy being one of 'em...

Good luck in your game Dan!!!

Last edited by novakjr; 09-23-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Dan Brown

Thanks David, good luck to you too!!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Well my team completely collapsed today. I held on by the skin of my teeth and won by 5.17....Thank God, I started the day up by 62.5. Miggy didn't do a whole lot today, but had an awesome week, while Trout was barely existent for me. Miggy MVP!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Dan Brown

Congrats!! I ended up tying in points and lost out on tiebreaker. I won all the offense categories and lost all the pitching categories. Just needed one more save. Oh well. Now we save 9 keepers out of 22 for next year.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebro041 View Post
Congrats!! I ended up tying in points and lost out on tiebreaker. I won all the offense categories and lost all the pitching categories. Just needed one more save. Oh well. Now we save 9 keepers out of 22 for next year.
Losing on a tiebreaker sucks, but hell, your team was right there. Congrats on the great season...What was your tiebreaker? Ours is bench points..

Our league isn't completely stable yet. We've currently got only 1 keeper, and it has to be a player that you drafted after the 20th round. No FA's either. My only eligible keepers are Joel Hanrahan and AJ Pierzynski. I'm keeping Joel... Once we get a stable group of guys, we'll more than likely allow for more keepers.. We had 6 new guys this year(myself included) in a 12 team league. Hopefully only 2 or 3 new guys next year..

Last edited by novakjr; 09-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Dan Brown

David I had Hanrahan also, he did better than i thought he would. My tiebreaker was winning % through the regular season head to head with opponent. I was 0-3 against him, he was #1 most of the year and i squeaked in with the last playoff spot. My surge was due i think mostly to the fact that most of my guys are/were in a playoff run. The pool is run by yahoo but we put in money for the pot, so i should be playing for free this year and next.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I was hoping hanrahan would get traded. And as much as I hate to say it, I got really excited when Mariano went down...I was desperately hoping he would go to NY, because I knew Pitt couldn't keep it up, and he would kill me down the stretch. Witch he did, because he got no opportunities.. But not as bad as Valverde...Relief losses, 2 sundays in a row...
Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Reviving this thread.

Yet another season in my H2H points league has come to an end. Back 2 Back Championships, in the only two seasons I've done fantasy baseball(also my only league). My record wasn't as good as last year, but wound up better in just about every other way possible.. Josh Donaldson and Coco Crisp would have to be my team MVP's this year. Considering I got Donny as a FA, to fill in for the injured Hanley, and Coco in the 23rd round of the draft.. A little more breathing room in the final this year. Won by a 52.33 point margin this time....

How'd everyone else do?
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Dan Brown

My team bit the big one this year! Finished 7th out of 8. Could only keep 9 guys from last year and draft 12. Had some real busts and injuries this year. My two big FA were Jason Grilli and Jean Segura. Best drafted player was Freddie Freeman even with his injury season.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

10 team roto league, should take 3rd place this year, just had way too many injuries to over come. But 3rd isnt bad, still in some money lol
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
10 team roto league, should take 3rd place this year, just had way too many injuries to over come. But 3rd isnt bad, still in some money lol
can't complain about being in the money...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Alex

The Net54 Roto League 2 came down to the wire. What a great season! I was lucky enough to get 2nd place on the last AB of the season - Sergio Romo getting the win!
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Tim Caravella

Got very lucky to win the Net54 league. I had huge injuries to Kemp and Bautista, but my pitchers held together all year and got me the W. The more fantasy I play the more I learn that it is all about your players staying healthy and a lot of luck!!

Tim
Old 09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdyess View Post
Got very lucky to win the Net54 league. I had huge injuries to Kemp and Bautista, but my pitchers held together all year and got me the W. The more fantasy I play the more I learn that it is all about your players staying healthy and a lot of luck!!

Tim
Congrats Tim...it did seem that we were looking up at you most of the season. I was happy to finish in 3rd. I have played fantasy baseball for about 25 years and couldn't agree more...healthy players and a good amount of luck win championships!

Jeff
Old 09-30-2013, 10:55 AM
P.hil €lli$

It ain't over yet. Tonight's game between TB & Texas is considered a regular season game and should count in fantasy leagues.

Just sayin'
Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
It ain't over yet. Tonight's game between TB & Texas is considered a regular season game and should count in fantasy leagues.

Just sayin'
Not in our ESPN league...the fat lady has sung!

Jeff
Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Congrats Tim, and to everyone else too.. I had to deal with the Bautista injury as well. The mess with Felix kinda hampered me down the stretch too, especially since he was never officially DL'ed. Because we can only DL players that are on the DL in our league..

With 3 DL spots, high potential, injury risk players were my gameplan heading into draft-day, glued together by steady and multi-position types, to keep things together.. Injuries were crazy for me all year long, but those were calculated risks, that I'd anticipated all along. There were a few combinations of injuries, that could've really been the end of my team, but luckily, I managed to avoid those combinations..

Out of my total roster over the course of the year, Chase Utley, Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Quentin, Coco Crisp, Jason Werth, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Bautista, Angel Pagan, Lance Berkman, Mike Morse and Felix Hernandez all missed significant or crucial portions of the season, or were injured enough to toss them... Cuddyer missed a little, but nothing crazy.. Thanks to the Hanley injury, I also wound up getting Josh Donaldson off of FA..

EVERY last player that was on my roster at some point, got hot at one point or another...And LUCKILY usually lined up to have a full(or nearly full) line-up of hot players at almost all times.. Wound up setting a bunch of league scoring records, while last year I set a bunch of win-based records..

Offensively over the course of the year, I outscored the next closest team by almost 400...Pitchingwise, I was less than 100 pts shy of the top team(he had 18 complete games), but almost 200 better than the next best team..

Strategy+risk+extreme luck=Championships.. At least in Daily leagues.

I probably won't use this strategy next year. For one, other owners in the league took note, and will probably reach for the injury-risk and/or multi-positional guys in next year's draft. Secondly, I knew all along the strategy would create a ton of stress for me. I don't think I want to put that much managerial pressure on myself again, next year..

Last edited by novakjr; 09-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Tim Caravella

Calling Dave Krabal..... sent several emails regarding payment for winning the league and have had no response. You said contact would be 2 weeks ago and I know the third place finisher was paid promptly. Please contact me ASAP.

Sorry if something else is going on, but please explain....

thanks,

tim