NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-25-2015, 06:28 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Another ebay seller with integrity. Kudos.

It's a minor thing, but whenever I run across misidentified 1962 Topps Green Tints on ebay, I send the seller a message informing them of the error in their listing. As you can imagine, the responses are usually ridiculously laughable. "You have no idea what you're talking about!!" or my favorite, "You're a nosy liar!!!" and on and on. Ha ha. Pathetic! And, of course, the listings are never edited and corrected by these scammers.

Well, today I ran across a listing where PSA (once again) got it wrong, not the ebay seller. So I messaged the guy, informing him that the card was mislabeled and it was not, in fact, a green tint. I offered to spell out the differences between the two versions to verify what I was saying.

A little while later I again ran across his listing and what did I see? Why, he changed the title of his listing to:
1962 topps psa 6 # 146, MISLABLED green tint , new style case, philadelphia phil

This shows a tremendous amount of integrity and he has now gained a future customer in me. I'm sure there are others around these parts who appreciate this type of honesty as much as I do, so I thought I would point it out. And no, I don't know this seller or have any stake in anything he's selling.

His ebay ID is: blkhawk20

The auction is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-topps-p...item4ae9081a16

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Curt

It is amazing how idiotic some people are, when there is no other reason but to help them and they fight you to the end. I often message sellers telling them about signatures on balls they have missed, misidentified or my favorite is to email people who are listing the stadium souvenir balls as authentic signed balls. It seems most people I email want to fight me over the information I am providing them. I immediately then assume they are purposefully trying to rip others off at that point.

The most recent episode was someone who was selling some Goose Gossage signed balls as Steve Garvey. Not even sure if they were real, as the picture was small, but they definitely looked like or were Gossage, not Garvey. The person was not rude, but wrote back to tell me that a friend or relative got them in person and that they were going to believe that person over me. I could have walked away at that point, but I decided to provide links to both a Gossage signature and a Garvey signature and tossed in that I had only been collecting Steve Garvey items for 35+ years, so what did I know. The comment was somewhat sarcastic, but again I was only trying to help.

In the end, they conceded that the person they trusted appears to have been wrong.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
It is amazing how idiotic some people are, when there is no other reason but to help them and they fight you to the end. I often message sellers telling them about signatures on balls they have missed, misidentified or my favorite is to email people who are listing the stadium souvenir balls as authentic signed balls. It seems most people I email want to fight me over the information I am providing them. I immediately then assume they are purposefully trying to rip others off at that point.

The most recent episode was someone who was selling some Goose Gossage signed balls as Steve Garvey. Not even sure if they were real, as the picture was small, but they definitely looked like or were Gossage, not Garvey. The person was not rude, but wrote back to tell me that a friend or relative got them in person and that they were going to believe that person over me. I could have walked away at that point, but I decided to provide links to both a Gossage signature and a Garvey signature and tossed in that I had only been collecting Steve Garvey items for 35+ years, so what did I know. The comment was somewhat sarcastic, but again I was only trying to help.

In the end, they conceded that the person they trusted appears to have been wrong.
LOL, Yes no good deed goes unpunished. I for the most part have quit pointing out altered cards to people. Even on this forum I have got the "you don't know what you are talking about" response to very obvious altered cards.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:32 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Because people have asked for edification, here's the page from my Green Tints Guide concerning this card (the colors of the GT are a bit out of whack from importing it, but you still get the idea)…
Layout 1_Page 24.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Tom

Where is the rest of your green tint guide?