NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-18-2020, 11:48 AM

Default PSA Class Action Ban Wagon

"It's oN, Time to Tell Your Stories!"

The PSA Altered Baseball Cards Class Action Lawsuit is Eric Savoy v. Collector’s Universe, et al., Case No. 30-2020-01130892-CU-RI-CXC, in the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Orange.

"Wanna Join iN?"

https://tinyurl.com/PSA-Ban-Wagon

Could Mr Mastro turn States Evidence and further reveal his knowledge that PSA Knew the Card 0000001(Mr Wagner's T206 PSA 8) was Trimmed!?!?
Old 02-18-2020, 02:40 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ban wagon or band wagon? I guess their bandwagon should be banned! Here here.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:20 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

"Ban Wagon" may actually be correct. I believe it refers to the large number of people who've been "removed" from the CU Forum, for speaking out.

Perhaps a few of which will join this class-action.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:37 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
"Ban Wagon" may actually be correct. I believe it refers to the large number of people who've been "removed" from the CU Forum, for speaking out.
Very good. Banned wagon

As it's a regular event, it may be bran wagon

Last edited by drcy; 02-18-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:24 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Very good. Banned wagon

As it's a regular event, it may be bran wagon
Wonder how quick how many will get it!
Old 02-18-2020, 09:44 PM

If we're talking shill bidding, I have an interest. I still have a couple of auctions from a few years I would like to check on regarding that matter. I still have the e-mails.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:07 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

Perhaps a few of which will join this class-action.
just remember, class actions are usually a favor for the defendant...its the criminal things that really are what they are worried about

if i make 10 million in a bad way, fine ill pay 4 million back and almost all possible cases are discharged.....i still can live in my waterfront house with my waterfront cards...
Old 02-19-2020, 11:14 AM
Dan Marke1

Ban Wagon?!

Nice malapropism! Yogi Berra would be proud!

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 02-19-2020, 11:41 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
just remember, class actions are usually a favor for the defendant

Hmm. Is this a variation on the old saying "With friends like you, who needs enemies"?
Old 02-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Hmm. Is this a variation on the old saying "With friends like you, who needs enemies"?
Not a "truism" I've ever heard before.

It is not easy to get a class action certified. Numerous procedural hurdles in federal or state court. Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23 is the federal court general rule if anyone is curious. But in the event you get a class certified there is often extraordinary pressure on the defendants to settle. Now, in some class settlements precious little flows down to the actual class members. Sure all of you have received notices like "hey, you are a class member in the case of Jones v. Ticketguru . . . there's been a huge settlement and you are entitled to file a claim for up to a buck eighty. But it could be less." Class actions are roundly criticized for a number of things, including fees paid lawyers and often times minimal benefit to class members. "Coupon" settlements where all the class members are given a ticket to get a discount on a future purchase often come under harsh criticism.

Typically in a case like this there will be motion to dismiss stage. Basically the defendants say "you haven't stated a proper legal claim against me. This case should all be dismissed." Briefs fly back and forth. Will take months to be fully briefed. Maybe a ruling in this case late summer of fall? Sometimes motion could be granted in part and denied in part, allowing some part of the identified case to proceed. Or the plaintiff may be given permission to file an amended complaint. If the case is not dismissed there will be a class certification phase, where the plaintiff moves for class certification. More briefing. Usually a big hearing. Lots of powerpoint presentations for the court. More months to a ruling.

FYI, typically defendants will argue that discovery should not be permitted to proceed or should be limited to class certification issues until after motions are ruled on and after certification hearing is held. Plaintiffs typically push for broad discovery immediately, as it pressures the defendant. And is costly. Rulings can go both ways on this.

In any event, cases of this size don't move fast. They are more like battleships that proceed slowly.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-19-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Not a "truism" I've ever heard before.
Thanks Steve for this clarification for us non-legal (IT in my case) types. Much appreciated.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:23 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

delete

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-20-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
"It's oN, Time to Tell Your Stories!"

The PSA Altered Baseball Cards Class Action Lawsuit is Eric Savoy v. Collector’s Universe, et al., Case No. 30-2020-01130892-CU-RI-CXC, in the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Orange.

"Wanna Join iN?"

https://tinyurl.com/PSA-Ban-Wagon

Could Mr Mastro turn States Evidence and further reveal his knowledge that PSA Knew the Card 0000001(Mr Wagner's T206 PSA 8) was Trimmed!?!?
Get real Denny... Aye?
Old 02-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

I would like to get all grading fees I've paid to PSA refunded. I was told my submissions were graded on the same standards as everyone else and it looks like I was lied to about that.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:24 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
The lawyers get their fees and usually get cents on the dollar for the class in my experience.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:06 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Some on this board have literally said that some people and companies enjoy being sued
Old 02-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Steve Birmingham

Will it end like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3x24oA9sI8
Old 02-20-2020, 01:15 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
It's definitely a nice "Optigrab" for your cash. Especially when dopey mcdope dopes can't stop themselves from popping. Even when it's crystal clear it's all known scam, fraud and a billion dollar pounding to us collectors.

Yeah Teddy Blind Bat, AT LEAST A BILLION and you can quote me.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-20-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:28 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Lol

Don't know if it is ban or band wagon......cuz I'm On The Wagon...
Old 02-20-2020, 09:03 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Some on this board have literally said that some people and companies enjoy being sued
If had a choice companies prefer a class action, especially versus a criminal matter....can always shave off a few million when you are making many millions ...have to pay the piper eventually and some ways are the way to go versus other ways.. nobody wants to get sued but they have a preference on how it would go..
Old 02-20-2020, 10:15 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
If had a choice companies prefer a class action, especially versus a criminal matter....can always shave off a few million when you are making many millions ...have to pay the piper eventually and some ways are the way to go versus other ways.. nobody wants to get sued but they have a preference on how it would go..
Old 02-20-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
Ban Wagon?!

Nice malapropism! Yogi Berra would be proud!
Gotta Love Master Yogi's Wit!!!

i would of commented earlier, Only Your Avatar kept making me laugh... Truly!
iN the 6ixties ~ When i was like 7 years old, i actually some what look'd like the "What me Worry" kid... my 3 other brothers gave me the buziness morning, noon, and night about it! He was the beginning to the Wacky Madness of my youth. i remember thinking that, if they think i look like him... wait til see me Act Like Him! Well... "Dennis the Menice" became my New'er Nick Name !

Here is a Picture of me Back "When They Start'd iT!!!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Denny_6 Years Ole.jpg (84.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 02-20-2020, 11:38 PM
Rob

Looks like a ding on the lower left corner, Denny. Can't see it getting more than a 6.5.

If I went to a gas station, and they sold me bad gas, I would shrug my shoulders, and buy gas somewhere else.

Can we have a sub-category, away from the main page, that only talks about pre-war cards?

Like the great Joe Walsh said.."I have accountants...pay for it all..."
Old 02-21-2020, 12:17 AM
Rob

Default Raise

I raise, Denny. Here's a pic my Mom had of me. Great holder...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg robbiepic485.jpg (75.0 KB, 104 views)