NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Trae Regan

Default New Website - Vintage Baseball Directory

I would like to introduce you to a new website:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory.com

Select "Directory" in the main menu to browse and filter listings.
You can also search or browse alphabetically via the homepage.

Each listing has it's own page and associated information.
For example, B&L Auctions:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory....ckey-auctions/

Traveling to a specific state and interested in what is available there?
Check out California, for example:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory....y.php?state=CA

Surely you're going to find errors, omissions, etc. Please use the
contact form on the website to send those in. Feedback, additional
listings, removal requests, feature ideas and whatever else is on your
mind is welcome too.

To note, listing email addresses are ASCII encoded for spam-bot
protection as well, as-seen by viewing the source code on any
particular listing's page.

Thanks for checking out the site.

Last edited by T206.org; 08-17-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Feature text addition
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Trae Regan

I noticed this thread has 109 views as of this post and no one has responded.

Do you find the site useful?
Any ideas to make it better?

Is your favorite auction house, eBay seller, or local card shop listed in the directory?
Please provide the information if not.

Please share what's on your mind.

Thanks!

Last edited by T206.org; 08-18-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Word Redundancy
Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Chris Stufflestreet

Okay, if you want feedback, I'll be happy to provide some.

Actually, I tried to find a site that could provide me with solid info about vintage cards (not sellers, but sites that can inform the reader about what's out there without following it up with a sales pitch) and found nothing. It immediately disappointed me and I stopped looking at your site.

However, if you'd like something like that to add...I have built a site that does exactly what I just described:

http://www.obaks.com/vintagebaseballcards/index.html

If you'd like to get something like that site added to your database, let me know.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
John

I think the statement on your home page of "the webs largest directory for vintage cards & memorabilia" is quite a stretch.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:21 PM

Wow! Tough and rude crowd. I liked the website and found it well-organized. I don't think I would subscribe to it, but definitely appreciate it for the free service.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Robert A

I believe as it grows it will be a useful site for me.

Thanks Trae.

Rob
Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM

I have always looked for a place where I can have a directory of all the on-going auctions, and this site fills that need.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Matt E.
Banned

Default Very Nice

Trae,

Awesome job as usual. I have already saved this in my favorites as everyone else should do for easy reference.

Stufflestreet: You may want to read your response again. Yikes, What a blatant self-serving rude response.

Matt Engle

Last edited by Matt E.; 08-18-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Chris Stufflestreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt E. View Post
Stufflestreet: You may want to read your response again. Yikes, What a blatant self-serving rude response.
Of course it was self-serving (as are all cases of somebody linking to his own site). It wasn't intended to be rude, however; Trae asked for feedback and I merely said I didn't find what I was looking for...and then offered my own site as an example of something he could use to add if he'd like to add it.

For the record...I'd love to see Trae's site grow and will check it out again to see his progress. If it improves, I'd be glad to add it as a link because it can be a valuable reference (like Old Cardboard's site, for instance).

As for the tone of my post...I'm a native New Yorker, we are often accused of being rude when we're actually a little more direct than others. Sorry if you read into what I said and found more than what I had intended.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Dustan Hedlin

I like the site so far and think it is a very good start. Linking to some other sites about different sets like T206.org would be a good addition, as a viewer could get information about the cards and then find a card through ebay or a dealer. Were you thinking about adding an information section, or just leaving it as a way to search different dealers and sites?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Trae asked for feedback. Not just positive's either.
He's a long time member here, Im sure he can handle the critique. After all, it's just the internet.

Though brutally honest to some here., I didn't find the post Chris made over the top. He had the cajones to step up when many other members were deafiningly quiet.

Incidentally Trae, though I do appreciate your work and enjoyed your original T206 site... I'm not a fan of any site with a lot of dealer content either and have to agree with the NY'r in that regard. I think many of we older, grumpy and frugal collectors feel the same, but just wont say so. Steve
Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Trae Regan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Trae asked for feedback. Not just positive's either.
He's a long time member here, Im sure he can handle the critique. After all, it's just the internet.
Thank you, Steve, right on the money.

In the last 18 hours I've received many replies, PM's, and emails through the site. The feedback, good and/or bad, is very much appreciated. Over the next few days (definitely into the weekend) I'll address and respond to each contact and thought individually, including executing the feedback by upating the site with new links, categories and information.

Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Trae Regan

I've addressed all of the emails and Private Messages I've received thus far. Thank you all for those.

The number one request at this point is to add reference categories and listings to the site so I'll be working on that and update accordingly when a good amount of useful information has been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
I think the statement on your home page of "the webs largest directory for vintage cards & memorabilia" is quite a stretch.
Hello John, do you know of another vintage baseball directory? Please share the link(s) if so. Thank you.