NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Dylan

Recently I had made a post regarding purchasing a card from a low feedback seller. At first it felt like all was fine, as some of the other cards he had for sale were received by buyers and positive feedback was left. On January 22 I made out a money order for just over 91 dollars and mailed out via certified mail. It was signed for in Houston On January 27. On February 8 i sent a message asking if the card had been shipped. I got a reply right away saying it was shipped out on the seventh of February. After another six days I sent another email saying it hasn't arrived, and to verify it was infact shipped. I have had no reply to this message. Also the seller has received a negative feedback recently for non payment. Seller only has a feedback rating of "7" and has been an ebay member since January only. I have ordered a money order inquiry from the post office today, and obviously started the dispute process with ebay a couple days ago. What are my options to getting this resolved in a favorable matter?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Dave

Dylan was insurance purchased for shipping or was it even offered from him? Although if he's run away and not even sent the card I guess this may not even matter..

Old 02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Dave

Dylan one other thing that may be worth trying...if memory serves wasn't it a PSA card? If the auction page still has the card's picture on there and you can make out the label you can add the card to a set registry..if it comes back owned by somebody else you know there is a big problem.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Anonymous

Well other T206's and a couple around the same value were apparently owned by him and shipped to the buyers. I have no reason to suspect the scan is stolen, but even if it is, he already has my payment in hand, and most likely has already cashed the money order(however i have ordered an inquiry on this to be sure). I was not offered the option of purchasing insurance. I know others have been in this situation. It was mentioned by someone in a previous thread about calling the sellers local law enforcement. More information on this would be great.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Judson Hamlin

Don't be shy about contacting local law enforcement if things can't be worked out in an alternate manner. A $91.00 theft by deception isn't, in the long run, going to get a great deal of attention from the police department, but it will get the seller's name on their radar so that, if he continues to scam, he won't get a break the next time when it's $500 or $1000.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Denny

Dylan,
I think this will also get his attention! Internet theft Complaint form:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Can't hurt! I would also let him know that you filed...
Scare tactics some times motivate knuckleheads

Give up or in = you're out(Keep swingin' lad!)
Hope lives,
Denny

Old 02-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default Need advice

Posted By: Dylan

Just wanted to say, somewhat to my surprise the card did arrive today. All the same i think I'll stick to sellers with a little more feedback and/or good rep for the most part