NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 07:04 AM
Banned

Default Thomas Fish

Hello,

My name is Will Jaimet and I owned a company called Heroes of Sport. I sold over $1,000,000 worth of product to blowout cards.

Durning my time of doing business with Thomas Fish I was offered large quantities of 1/1 cards that were never inserted into packs and sold directly to Fish.

For the people on here with legal backgrounds, wouldn’t that mean he was a fence for stolen goods which should require some jail time? I would be willing to testify under oath.

Last edited by Leon; 02-03-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:53 PM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willjaimet View Post
Hello,

My name is Will Jaimet and I owned a company called Heroes of Sport. I sold over $1,000,000 worth of product to blowout cards.

Durning my time of doing business with Thomas Fish I was offered large quantities of 1/1 cards that were never inserted into packs and sold directly to Fish.

For the people on here with legal backgrounds, wouldn’t that mean he was a fence for stolen goods which should require some jail time? I would be willing to testify under oath.
Smh

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

not sure on this might want to partner with Leon

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 02-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
not sure on this might want to partner with Leon
There is no issue with posting this thread, with regard to forum rules. It might even get moved. Will's whole name is his id.

Last edited by Leon; 02-02-2023 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:26 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is no issue with posting this thread, with regard to forum rules. It might even get moved. Will's whole name is his id.
Sounds good and appreciated

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 02-02-2023, 07:14 PM
Bill Cauley

I think you’d probably have to have some actual evidence. Not for nothing, but the original poster, if he is in fact who he says he is, doesn’t appear to have much of a reputation in the sports card world.

https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288383
Old 02-02-2023, 08:41 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Hello,

Is Thomas Fish a member of Net54?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 02-03-2023, 05:34 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I agreed with you regarding the forum rules but, then, what does being BANNED mean? I am not being a jerk, just for information. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:03 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
I think you’d probably have to have some actual evidence. Not for nothing, but the original poster, if he is in fact who he says he is, doesn’t appear to have much of a reputation in the sports card world.

https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288383
Wow alot of information in those links.
Alot of scary things

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 02-03-2023, 06:30 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

redacted. based on further thread comments.

Regards,

Butch

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.

Last edited by butchie_t; 02-03-2023 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Is Thomas Fish a member of Net54?
Yes, he is. And I am not so sure this is Will Jaimet posting. If I find it isn't, this thread will be deleted. And it's being locked for now...

Edited- Will and I just spoke so this thread is being opened again. Carry on...

Last edited by Leon; 02-03-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Hello,

How would a product purchased from the company making them be considered stolen goods by any stretch of the immigration? People buying directly has never been any kind of secret. I have personally done it.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
How would a product purchased from the company making them be considered stolen goods by any stretch of the immigration? People buying directly has never been any kind of secret. I have personally done it.
Freudian slip
Old 02-03-2023, 09:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Freudian slip
LOL, no spellcheck that I didn't look close enough at.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The OP asked for this to be moved to the front page, as he posted in the wrong section and wanted it to be here.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Ben,

A long while back, I had a softball/bowling buddy who did some work for a local guy known to be in the card and autograph "business". He even had a small collectibles store going for a while as well, till the IRS caught up to him and shut his a$$ down, and I'd oftentimes visit with my friend while he was working there. He told me about all the product his boss seemed to be able to get his hands on, which he then pushed like crazy. Then one day my friend told me how he accompanied his boss on a run in a U-Haul type panel truck, to meet up with another similar truck at a rest stop on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Apparently the other truck was coming from a different friend of the boss, who was connected at Topps. It was loaded with tons of product cases, with most all of them being open and way overloaded with whatever products they were supposed to contain. My friend was along to help unload everything from the truck they met, into the truck they then brought back to Cleveland. My friend's boss also told him how his connection got it so the overloaded boxes/cases were all treated as single cases after all, so the overloaded stuff were all "free" extras to him. The "meeting at a rest stop on the PA Turnpike" told me everything I needed to know about the overall legality of that situation. And apparently his boss did these kind of "secret" exchanges more than just this one single time.

This may be a somewhat similar situation as to what this Willjaimet poster is describing in a sort of obscure way. Or it may just be the use of the word 'stolen" is a little inaccurate or not properly describing the situation. The fact that the poster says he was able to buy all kinds of 1/1 cards from a single source would seem to indicate there was at least a conspiracy to dupe the public into thinking that cards advertised as being inserted into particular products never were. I think the more appropriate word in that case may be "fraud". And if someone on the inside of a card company was purposely seeing to it that those manufactured rarities were not being inserted into packs as they were supposed to be, whether they then stole them from the card company to separately sell and profit for themself, or the card company itself was the one purposely doing it and directly profiting from the separate sale of those 1/1 cards, it is clearly wrong either way and points to a potential criminal type of conspiracy. So, the party Willjaimet was dealing with may or may not have actually been a criminal dealing in known stolen goods, he may have just been a party to defrauding the public. And lastly, the party that Willjaimet described as offering him all these 1/1/ cards, was he actually part of the group/company that was producing these cards in the first place, or merely a pawn or other player in the distribution of them that the card producing company worked with? Because if he wasn't an actual employee/formal representative of the card company, then this was clearly not any kind of a "direct sale". I do not know any more than you. Just throwing out some additional thoughts and observations.

Last edited by BobC; 02-04-2023 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:00 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Stuff has been going out the back doors of factories and been fished from discards for as long as there have been cards and collectors. I remember going to card shows in the 1990s here in SoCal where a few dealers from the San Diego area had boxes of Upper Deck cards that were actually production waste. Most were black and white only but on the UD stock and with the holograms intact.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-03-2023, 11:20 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Where is the evidence?
Old 02-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Banned

Believe what you want, I have no reason to lie. But either way enjoy your evening.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Freudian slip
Touche
Old 02-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Where is the evidence?
I didn’t buy any of them.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:26 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I didn’t buy any of them.
What is the evidence to support the claims you made about Mr. Fish?
Old 02-04-2023, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
What is the evidence to support the claims you made about Mr. Fish?
My testimony only.
Closed Thread