NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Doug Chamberlain

Default 4 foot 4 Nascar driver?

Pretty cool story and loved the video of his victory lap and donuts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bmoc--4...010753977.html
Transaction thanks to: Andretti83, Beatles Guy, Bocabirdman, Brailey, Bryon Long, buckyball1, cincyredlegs, cparker94, dealme, deltufjp2, detroitbaseball, dougscats, drmondobueno, Edwolf1963, esiason14, familytoad, freakhappy, GehrigFan, grainsley, hangman62, JasonL, jschris, kamikidEFFL, KC Doughboy, LukeLyon, marslife, rainier2004, swohscs, tedzan, tinkertoeverstochance, vcuono, and more...
Old 02-23-2016, 06:04 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I knew right away who you were talking about just from the thread title. My parents started taking me to dirt track races when I was just a few months old, and I have been a lifelong fan.

Abreu is a huge fan favorite. He has been one of the most popular dirt-track racers in the country for several years now. It has been constantly speculated on dirt-track racing boards over the past couple years that he will be in the Cup series within a few years. He is not a gimmick like Danica Patrick who doesn't ever win. Abreu is a former USAC National Midget champion, has beaten the World of Outlaws multiple times and his second straight win at the Chili Bowl came over 350 competitors.

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-23-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:18 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Here are a couple brief videos of Abreu talking at a school a few years ago about how it never really bothered him when people would sometimes make fun of him about his size. There used to be other videos on youtube of Abreu talking to kids about his size and being a racer, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

I know from looking at his Facebook and Twitter pages in the past that he has visited schools many times to talk with students about bullying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsFBfB68QQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f2G9VlZJHw

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-23-2016 at 06:21 AM.