NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-10-2020, 10:29 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
So who has the most different T206's ? It appears the possibilities are above the 5k range. I have 30 ( All 30 Detroit for a team set).
On the PSA Registry, you can find Brady Hill (a T-Shirt company owner that has a few searchable articles about his collecting/investing goals) He currently shows that he owns 3457 cards out of 3921 different cards. Because PSA only counts different brand backs and not detail of Subject and Factory numbers, their complete card set count is currently at 3921 different cards. I've been trying to get them to update this registry set slot for a few years now or even make a whole new one to have a slot for the 5250+ different combo's. I offered to help for free and also offer any of my research to help better the registry set and properly giving each combo a realistic point value based on true rarity and not just by player and back. They told me it was already in the works and under control. That must have been over 3+ years now and I'm still waiting.

I'm not really sure how many collectors are currently going after all 5250+ different cards. I think it's a small group of us. Over the last 5 years, there have been a large quantity of collectors that have taken the 520 card "Monster" set and decided to add more difficulty to the task. A basic 520 card set, regardless of the advertising back, is actually a fairly simple task if you have the money. Between eBay, Net54, and a few of the Facebook groups, it's just money that stands in the way of building a set very quickly. I believe many felt the same way and decided to add a difficulty twist to building the set. Such as a set with no Piedmont or Sweet Caporal backs. Others have focused on just one particular card back, and some have gone after the Hall of Famer's, while others stick with a certain team set with all the different possible backs. There's so many ways to collect the set. That's one of the reasons why it's so popular. But I really don't know how many are truly going after the 5250+ cards. I can only speak for myself as one of those people.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 10-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....direct access to AMERICAN BEAUTY > > UZIT checklists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post

I'm not really sure how many collectors are currently going after all 5250+ different cards. I think it's a small group of us. Over the last 5 years, there have been a large quantity of collectors that have taken the 520 card "Monster" set and decided to add more difficulty to the task. A basic 520 card set, regardless of the advertising back, is actually a fairly simple task if you have the money. Between eBay, Net54, and a few of the Facebook groups, it's just money that stands in the way of building a set very quickly. I believe many felt the same way and decided to add a difficulty twist to building the set. Such as a set with no Piedmont or Sweet Caporal backs. Others have focused on just one particular card back, and some have gone after the Hall of Famer's, while others stick with a certain team set with all the different possible backs. There's so many ways to collect the set. That's one of the reasons why it's so popular. But I really don't know how many are truly going after the 5250+ cards. I can only speak for myself as one of those people.

Hi Ron

I have a "semi-master" set of T206's (2600+ different cards). But, this is where I stop. Actually, this past weekend, my Grandson, Ron, drove down from Maine
and we filled up his truck with a couple of my T206 sets, GOUDEY's, PLAY BALL's, BOWMAN sets and TOPPS sets. Sooner or later, Ron was going to inherit them.

I have not stopped collecting T206's, just cutting down. A lot of cards in my long-term endeavor to attain a 5300 card master set are selling for ridiculous prices.
And, I absolutely refuse to pay these exorbitant prices that the auction houses are selling them for.

But, I will continue to put together T206 runs of my favorite T206 subjects.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Continuing from the last post. Here are some examples of T206's which I acquired some years ago for very reasonable expenditures.
Currently, these cards are going for at least 10 times what I paid for them. I would have to get an Equity loan on our house to afford
these 5 cards, nowadays. I'd say it's going crazy out there ! I'm tempted to sell them

And, this gem is still the only one known......it is unique.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 10-16-2020, 07:33 PM
T0NY @

Beautiful cards Ted.

In regards to the Piedmont 150 green Cobb, they’re almost always found centered top to bottom such as this yet they display what I believe is the nicest color and registration of all the backs.

That one really pops!!
Old 10-16-2020, 08:26 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Beautiful cards Ted.

In regards to the Piedmont 150 green Cobb, they’re almost always found centered top to bottom such as this yet they display what I believe is the nicest color and registration of all the backs.

That one really pops!!
Hi Tony

You're correct, a very high percentage of the green Cobb's are off-center (to the top). This is especially true for the PIEDMONT 150 cards of this Cobb.
But, the other T-brand backs this is not so, like my SOVEREIGN & SWEET CAP Factory #30 cards. These cards of the green Cobb are usually centered.

However, the population of the green Cobb's is twice as much (or more) with PIEDMONT 150 backs than any of the other T-brand backs.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 10-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quite a number of you have contacted me with questions, inputs, etc. regarding
this T206 REFERENCE (checklists) thread.
The majority of these contacts were via the Net54 Profile feature (Contact Info).

I prefer that you email me directly..... tedzan11@comcast.net

Thank you......and, I appreciate all your responses and I welcome more of them.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 10-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

I received an email from a new member regarding the Series structure of the T206 set. Currently, his collection consists of approx. 140 cards
in 15-page plastic sheets in a binder. I suggested to him to arrange his cards with respect to each series in order to get a true appreciation of
how these cards were printed and issued. This is how I have arranged all 4 of my T206 sets.

PIEDMONT was American Tobacco Company's Flagship brand. The American Lithographic Co. (ALC) printed approx. 53% of all T206 cards
with the PIEDMONT brand. As most of us know, a complete T206 set includes 524 cards, of which PIEDMONT has the greater number of
subjects (522) than any other brand. The 150-only Series was issued circa Spring/Summer 1909. The last series of T206 cards were issued
in Spring 1911. The T206 Series structure is as follows......

Series breakdown....... 520 different subjects and two variations and two error cards

150-only Series............ 12 subjects

150/350 Series.......... 143 (150 Series) subjects

350-only Series...........122 Major League subjects

350-only Series.............86 Minor League subjects

350/460 Series............ 63 subjects

460-only Series............ 46 subjects

Southern Leaguers...... 48 subjects
plus,
Demmitt St Louis American variation (POLAR BEAR)
O'Hara St Louis Nat'L variation (POLAR BEAR)
Sherry Magie error (Piedmont 150)
Joe Doyle NY Nat'L (Piedmont 350)

TED Z

T206 Reference