NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:09 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default I need to hear some good news.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for my wife and I. I'd like to hear some good (happy) news from anyone. Anything and everything. Thanks !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
It's been a rough couple of weeks for my wife and I. I'd like to hear some good (happy) news from anyone. Anything and everything. Thanks !
Kimbrel's working on a changeup!


check out any Brian Regan video (several on YouTube) - laughter is always good medicine.


- I'll keep y'all in my thoughts too!

-Raymond
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.

Last edited by clydepepper; 02-27-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,581
Default

Two cannibals were eating a clown when one of them asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"



Thanks, I'll be here all week.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2015, 12:30 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Two cannibals were eating a clown when one of them asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"



Thanks, I'll be here all week.

If a vegetarian eats animal crackers. Are they still vegetarians ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2015, 06:57 AM
TUM301 TUM301 is offline
H Murphy
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: western Mass
Posts: 903
Default Good News

Hey Dave some good news is you guys in the Hub should actually see some 40 degree days this week and us western mass`ers close to it. Also it`s day lights savings time next sat so before you know it the 2 of you will be "experiencing" 'tourists", cape traffic, it`s wicked hot out, is the T running yet, and of course another roller coaster Red Sox season. Hang in there...... !
__________________
H Murphy Collection https://www.flickr.com/photos/154296763@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:29 AM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
is the T running yet,
We've been asking that since they started phasing out the old PCC cars on the green line in the 70's.


Yes, the weather looks to be the best news of the week. I'm enjoying the upper 20's already, 40's would be fantastic.

Good news? When I fell on the ice Wednesday night it was just a strain. could have been way worse.

Steve B
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2015, 09:26 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Hey Dave some good news is you guys in the Hub should actually see some 40 degree days this week and us western mass`ers close to it. Also it`s day lights savings time next sat so before you know it the 2 of you will be "experiencing" 'tourists", cape traffic, it`s wicked hot out, is the T running yet, and of course another roller coaster Red Sox season. Hang in there...... !
40 degree weather would be great. It will melt some of these 5'-6' snow piles. The T is trying to get back to normal sevice. Last I heard, they said full service will be restored by the end of MARCH ! The commuter rails are much worse off I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Kimbrel's working on a changeup!


check out any Brian Regan video (several on YouTube) - laughter is always good medicine.


- I'll keep y'all in my thoughts too!

-Raymond


Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2015, 01:35 PM
digdugdig's Avatar
digdugdig digdugdig is offline
Doug Chamberlain
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon coast
Posts: 391
Default

I hear Pablo Sandoval lost a couple pounds!!
__________________
Transaction thanks to: Andretti83, Beatles Guy, Bocabirdman, Brailey, Bryon Long, buckyball1, cincyredlegs, cparker94, dealme, deltufjp2, detroitbaseball, dougscats, drmondobueno, Edwolf1963, esiason14, familytoad, freakhappy, GehrigFan, grainsley, hangman62, JasonL, jschris, kamikidEFFL, KC Doughboy, LukeLyon, marslife, rainier2004, swohscs, tedzan, tinkertoeverstochance, vcuono, and more...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-28-2015, 01:45 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

All great stuff. Keep them coming. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 AM
grainsley grainsley is offline
Grant Rainsley
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 272
Default

PETE CARROLL LEAVING THE SEAHAWKS!

Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ!" at the same time.

More information will be reported as details emerge………
__________________
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2015, 03:33 PM
7nohitter's Avatar
7nohitter 7nohitter is offline
Member
And.rew Mil.ler
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,444
Default

Hi Dave,

Live not too far from Boston, watching more snow fall as I write this, BUT the Sox play BC and Northeastern this week....to me, this game has ALWAYS signaled the 'official' start of the baseball season!

Let's hope Ortiz can keep his damn feet in the box!

Take care,
Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2015, 04:11 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Hi Dave,

Live not too far from Boston, watching more snow fall as I write this, BUT the Sox play BC and Northeastern this week....to me, this game has ALWAYS signaled the 'official' start of the baseball season!

Let's hope Ortiz can keep his damn feet in the box!

Take care,
Andrew
I saw some where that Ortiz wasn't happy with the new rule to speed the games up.

Last edited by DHogan; 03-01-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-02-2015, 07:36 AM
SmokyBurgess SmokyBurgess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,372
Default Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
It's been a rough couple of weeks for my wife and I. I'd like to hear some good (happy) news from anyone. Anything and everything. Thanks !

Try www.bbnradio.org
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-02-2015, 04:43 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,581
Default

Termite walks into a bar and says, "Where is your bar tender?"
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-16-2015, 05:53 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Come on guys. I really need to hear more good news.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Econteachert205 Econteachert205 is offline
D3nn!s B@!!ou
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,661
Default

As a teacher I can tell you that the kids I have seem to get nicer and nicer every year. Not necessarily smarter, but nicer. There's always hope in youth.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:26 PM
egri's Avatar
egri egri is offline
Sco.tt Mar.cus
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 656
Default

The snow is melting, the new season of House of Cards is the best one yet, and after last season, the only way the Sox can go is up.
__________________
Signed 1953 Topps set: 259/274 (94.52 %)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 29,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
Come on guys. I really need to hear more good news.
It's starting to dry out in N.Texas (yea), but the rains are coming back.....which means our low lake levels will be helped. So, it's a win-win!!...sort of
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Belltown Vintage
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,628
Default

My girlfriend didn't get the termite joke. I had to tell her that termites eat wood and bars are made of wood. It was funnier than the actual joke.

Good: Office Depot didn't have the bubble mailers I needed, so they gave me over 50% off on something that was close.

Good: I held a puppy the other day and decided I needed to get another dog.

Good: About to have a pot of my favorite tea and will also get to meet my girlfriend for lunch. Whoop!

Good: free refill at new coffee shop.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM
gregr2's Avatar
gregr2 gregr2 is offline
Greg Ryk0w$k1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,397
Default

I've been to two Spring Training games so far. Three more to go. Going to see the Cardinals and Mets on Friday. Then on Sunday going to the Pirates and Astros. Then the following Friday going to see the Marlins and Astros! Yay for spring baseball!
__________________
Numerous successful transactions on Net54, just ask for references.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-17-2015, 07:28 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-18-2015, 10:27 AM
digdugdig's Avatar
digdugdig digdugdig is offline
Doug Chamberlain
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon coast
Posts: 391
Default

From my sister's sent birthday card I learned that the origin of the Irish Jig goes way back to an ole Irish tavern that served free beer but had no restrooms!!
__________________
Transaction thanks to: Andretti83, Beatles Guy, Bocabirdman, Brailey, Bryon Long, buckyball1, cincyredlegs, cparker94, dealme, deltufjp2, detroitbaseball, dougscats, drmondobueno, Edwolf1963, esiason14, familytoad, freakhappy, GehrigFan, grainsley, hangman62, JasonL, jschris, kamikidEFFL, KC Doughboy, LukeLyon, marslife, rainier2004, swohscs, tedzan, tinkertoeverstochance, vcuono, and more...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-26-2015, 06:23 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,581
Default Things could always be worse:

83Funnycauseitstrue_thumb.jpg
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-03-2015, 06:20 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Anyone have anything new, fun or exciting going on ?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-04-2015, 04:12 AM
billyb's Avatar
billyb billyb is offline
Bill Boyd
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gladwin, Mi, (God's country)
Posts: 1,069
Default

Dave,
I volunteer at a local Genealogy Society helping people research their families. I have been approached by the local Junior High School, that the History Club wished to research their families. So for the last month or so, I have been meeting with this History Club and teaching them how to research their families, mainly through the free sources that are available.
I have been pleasantly surprised that these kids are excited about doing their research. When they randomly yell out "I found my great grandfather", is very rewarding. Sparking their interest in their family history and what involvement their family may have had in shaping our towns, counties or countries histories, will certainly perk their interest when it comes time for them to study about our countries events.
We do our work in the school library, and at one of our sessions, several kids had to serve their detentions in the library. After the session was over, a couple of the kids serving their detentions, approached me about researching family histories. These kids are curious, they want to know about their family's past. This has turned out to be a very rewarding program. And it is something anyone can do with their children.
__________________
Norm Cash message to his pitchers, the day after one of his evenings on the town. "If you can hold em till the seventh, I'll be ready"

Last edited by billyb; 04-04-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-04-2015, 11:01 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Dave,
I volunteer at a local Genealogy Society helping people research their families. I have been approached by the local Junior High School, that the History Club wished to research their families. So for the last month or so, I have been meeting with this History Club and teaching them how to research their families, mainly through the free sources that are available.
I have been pleasantly surprised that these kids are excited about doing their research. When they randomly yell out "I found my great grandfather", is very rewarding. Sparking their interest in their family history and what involvement their family may have had in shaping our towns, counties or countries histories, will certainly perk their interest when it comes time for them to study about our countries events.
We do our work in the school library, and at one of our sessions, several kids had to serve their detentions in the library. After the session was over, a couple of the kids serving their detentions, approached me about researching family histories. These kids are curious, they want to know about their family's past. This has turned out to be a very rewarding program. And it is something anyone can do with their children.
Bill, very cool. It's good to hear that young kids are still interested in some history.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 29,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
Anyone have anything new, fun or exciting going on ?
no
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2015, 01:32 PM
sporteq's Avatar
sporteq sporteq is offline
ΛLβΞℜ₮
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: €Δ
Posts: 596
Default

I save 15% on Geico insurance by switching.

Albert
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-09-2015, 07:38 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
no
There's always tomorrow Leon.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Belltown Vintage
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,628
Default

I picked 7 tomatoes yesterday! I have 12 different varieties producing and really enjoying my first garden.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I picked 7 tomatoes yesterday! I have 12 different varieties producing and really enjoying my first garden.
Now that is some great news. Not much better than a fresh picked tomato. Here the outside gardeners are just starting to get ripe tomatoes. As a inside grower I have had them for close to 2 months.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Belltown Vintage
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,628
Default

Our gardening season got started early this year and I took advantage - normally we wouldn't have ripe tomatoes until August. I've already pulled several Japanese eggplants and yellow squash and hoping the collard greens work out.

Favorite tomato so far is the Black Krim with Mr. Stripey a close second.

Another good thing: we adopted a 1.5-2 yr old black and tan coonhound three months ago. He's a very lovable dog. He has some issues that I'm not solving very well, but he's about to go back to a professional trainer, so we are looking forward to a lovable AND manageable dog. As you have mentioned (Ben), rescues don't forget that they have been rescued, but I'll add that it's good to let the dog pick you out at the shelter - if you are paying attention, there will be at least one that informs you that you should be his new companion.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
pariah1107
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Shelter animals are my first and only choice for pets.

The Whiskey Dick triathlon last weekend was an awesome time with friends. I finished the one mile Columbia River swim in 18:56 almost 30 seconds faster than two years ago , and was fourth overall out of the water. Our three man relay finished second in our age group 40-45; a nearly one hour improvement from our last effort (no event last year due to water level problems from the Colockum Dam). Here's my daughter at the Vantage boat launch before the swim.... "Are you sure you want to do this?"


Last edited by pariah1107; 08-04-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-04-2015, 05:39 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Our gardening season got started early this year and I took advantage - normally we wouldn't have ripe tomatoes until August. I've already pulled several Japanese eggplants and yellow squash and hoping the collard greens work out.

Favorite tomato so far is the Black Krim with Mr. Stripey a close second.

Another good thing: we adopted a 1.5-2 yr old black and tan coonhound three months ago. He's a very lovable dog. He has some issues that I'm not solving very well, but he's about to go back to a professional trainer, so we are looking forward to a lovable AND manageable dog. As you have mentioned (Ben), rescues don't forget that they have been rescued, but I'll add that it's good to let the dog pick you out at the shelter - if you are paying attention, there will be at least one that informs you that you should be his new companion.
My last 3 shelter dogs picked me. We had a St Bernard for 13 years, a Rottweiler for 13 years, and our current Pitbull for close to 2 years now.

When getting our current dog I did not want a small dog(under 100 lbs) or a pitbull. Well now we have a 75 lb Pitbull named Bubba that sad puppy eyed me into adopting him and I am darn glad he did.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Belltown Vintage
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
My last 3 shelter dogs picked me. We had a St Bernard for 13 years, a Rottweiler for 13 years, and our current Pitbull for close to 2 years now.

When getting our current dog I did not want a small dog(under 100 lbs) or a pitbull. Well now we have a 75 lb Pitbull named Bubba that sad puppy eyed me into adopting him and I am darn glad he did.
Yes, if you let them adopt you, you will generally end up with something you didn't plan on. My plan was a 40-50 pound Australian Shepherd or Border Collie - my last dog, Angie, was a 75 pound lovable hound that I carried quite a bit for the last four years of her life, so this time I wanted a dog that would be easy to handle when it got old. So I brought home a 90 pound Coonhound puppy

I blame it on David, as he was there with me and didn't tell me not to. Bad David.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 PM
packs packs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
Default

Just found out a few days ago that my comic strip is getting published by ths magazine called Palooka next year.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:23 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I picked 7 tomatoes yesterday! I have 12 different varieties producing and really enjoying my first garden.
I've never cared for tomatoes. My wife loves them.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Runscott's Avatar
Runscott Runscott is offline
Belltown Vintage
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,628
Default

I love them, but from a practical standpoint - many of my recipes call for tomato sauce, and there is nothing better than home-made. I have 15 plants, hoping they go crazy so that I can make enough sauce to fill the freezer. I really don't care for the stuff in the cans.

My girlfriend does not usually like tomatoes, but she has been eating these every time I bring them into the house. They are quite different from what you get in a store, as in - they have flavor.
__________________
$co++ Forre$+
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

There was a story in yesterdays paper that there will be a bumper crop of apples in New England this year. I hope the huge storm with hail today didn't ruin that prediction.

My wife won't let me have a dog. We live in a very small apartment.

Congratulations on the comic strip getting published.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:47 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Thank you all for posting. I hope more people will do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post

My wife won't let me have a dog.
I have always found it is much easier to get forgiven than get permission from the wife.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-04-2015, 10:30 PM
egri's Avatar
egri egri is offline
Sco.tt Mar.cus
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 656
Default

This link that Steve B posted in the autograph section was pretty funny: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/84680172/
__________________
Signed 1953 Topps set: 259/274 (94.52 %)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:10 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have always found it is much easier to get forgiven than get permission from the wife.
My wife threatens to kill me when I do stuff like that. I keep wondering if she would do me in some day.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-04-2016, 07:54 AM
4815162342's Avatar
4815162342 4815162342 is offline
Daryl
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,097
Default I need to hear some good news.

My wife and I are expecting our first child, a boy, by the end of this year. We have been married (and trying) over 10 years, and finally got to the point where we thought it would never happen. But, God blessed us like He always does and I believe His timing is better than ours could ever be! The only bad news (not really) is that I'm selling my collection to help out, but I'm glad to do it.

Last edited by 4815162342; 10-04-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-04-2016, 12:51 PM
EvilKing00's Avatar
EvilKing00 EvilKing00 is offline
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
My wife and I are expecting our first child, a boy, by the end of this year. We have been married (and trying) over 10 years, and finally got to the point where we thought it would never happen. But, God blessed us like He always does and I believe His timing is better than ours could ever be! The only bad news (not really) is that I'm selling my collection to help out, but I'm glad to do it.
Thats awesome! Congrats!!
__________________
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-04-2016, 05:57 PM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
My wife and I are expecting our first child, a boy, by the end of this year. We have been married (and trying) over 10 years, and finally got to the point where we thought it would never happen. But, God blessed us like He always does and I believe His timing is better than ours could ever be!
Congratulations !
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 620
Default

Thank you to all the members that post in this topic. It's helped me in a good way to hear some real time good news. With all the stuff that my wife has been going thru the past 6 years due to complications from chronic progressive Multiple Sclerosis. She has been dealing with MS for 28 years. We were told yesterday that she needs to be on a ventilator permanently and 24/7 nursing care. Any prayers and kind thoughts will help us both.


Best regards,
Dave Hogan
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-09-2016, 08:53 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
Thank you to all the members that post in this topic. It's helped me in a good way to hear some real time good news. With all the stuff that my wife has been going thru the past 6 years due to complications from chronic progressive Multiple Sclerosis. She has been dealing with MS for 28 years. We were told yesterday that she needs to be on a ventilator permanently and 24/7 nursing care. Any prayers and kind thoughts will help us both.


Best regards,
Dave Hogan
I wish you and your Wife the best.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-09-2016, 08:56 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,284
Default

For some good news I am on vacation and this is the view off the upper deck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacation.jpg (75.9 KB, 185 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: Got good and bad news T205 GB Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 30 03-18-2013 07:00 PM
Good News for Many of You! Browncow75 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 54 10-15-2011 03:09 PM
Help with good news/bad news value Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 24 05-26-2005 02:02 PM
The worst news a collector could possibly hear Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 54 12-15-2004 12:15 PM
the good news and the bad news Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1 12-10-2001 10:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 AM.


ebay GSB