NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Biden's VP pick

OK everyone gets 1 guess, no repeats.

I'll take Kamala Harris (sorry and too bad I went first)

Personally I'd go Oprah, but Sleepy Joe could write it down backwards and end up with Harpo Marx on the ballots.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:16 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Susan Rice
Old 07-29-2020, 06:19 PM

It's weird to me that Trump fans seem to want to push this idea that Biden's not all there mentally and that he somehow compares unfavorably to Trump in that regard. So here's a quote from Trump about the coronavirus:

"This will end. This will end. You look at flu season. I said 26,000 people. I never heard of a number like that: 26,000 people, going up to 69,000 people, doctor, you told me before. 69,000 people die every year — from 20 to 69 — every year from the flu. Think of that. That’s incredible. So far, the results of all of this that everybody is reading about — and part of the thing is, you want to keep it the way it is, you don’t want to see panic, because there’s no reason to be panicked about it — but when I mentioned the flu, I asked the various doctors, “Is this just like flu?” Because people die from the flu. And this is very unusual. And it is a little bit different, but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher, but we have it so well under control, I mean, we really have done a very good job."

Or, when asked about what he would do about the fact that Black people don't trust law enforcement, he says this:

"Trump: They have to get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And what’s interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket — a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened — or more — to what happened with respect to George — George Floyd, and it was — and then you listen to this, he doesn’t talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didn’t talk about George Floyd.

Half — maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with — with the media you basically — and basically no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough. But the people understand it."

I really am not sure you want this campaign to be about the relative mental acuity of the two candidates, despite Trump's ability to repeat "Person, woman, man, camera, TV" on request.

Oh, and I also think it will be Senator Harris, although I really like Stacy Abrams myself and putting an end to voter suppression should be a big priority for Biden.

Last edited by gawaintheknight; 07-29-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:47 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
It's weird to me that Trump fans seem to want to push this idea that Biden's not all there mentally and that he somehow compares unfavorably to Trump in that regard. So here's a quote from Trump about the coronavirus:

"This will end. This will end. You look at flu season. I said 26,000 people. I never heard of a number like that: 26,000 people, going up to 69,000 people, doctor, you told me before. 69,000 people die every year — from 20 to 69 — every year from the flu. Think of that. That’s incredible. So far, the results of all of this that everybody is reading about — and part of the thing is, you want to keep it the way it is, you don’t want to see panic, because there’s no reason to be panicked about it — but when I mentioned the flu, I asked the various doctors, “Is this just like flu?” Because people die from the flu. And this is very unusual. And it is a little bit different, but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher, but we have it so well under control, I mean, we really have done a very good job."

Or, when asked about what he would do about the fact that Black people don't trust law enforcement, he says this:

"Trump: They have to get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And what’s interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket — a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened — or more — to what happened with respect to George — George Floyd, and it was — and then you listen to this, he doesn’t talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didn’t talk about George Floyd.

Half — maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with — with the media you basically — and basically no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough. But the people understand it."

I really am not sure you want this campaign to be about the relative mental acuity of the two candidates, despite Trump's ability to repeat "Person, woman, man, camera, TV" on request.

Oh, and I also think it will be Senator Harris, although I really like Stacy Abrams myself and putting an end to voter suppression should be a big priority for Biden.

The stuff biden has said is equally bad. I think everyone agrees that the key for biden to win is to not talk. Thats not a glowing endorsement about what he says is better than trump. .
Old 07-29-2020, 08:58 PM
Ben North

Who is Biden and what is a VP? Is VP a abbreviation for the bat or ball person?
Old 07-30-2020, 05:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Who is Biden and what is a VP? Is VP a abbreviation for the bat or ball person?
+1. Infraction given to OP.