NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2020, 08:17 AM

Default Most of this Seller's high dollar raw cards are Fakes. Please be careful.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25476917326...m=254769173264
Old 11-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Also he sold this Cobb card already to a zero feedback buyer that is 100% just for his stuff which may have well been the seller himself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1922-E121-T...p2047675.l2557
Old 11-06-2020, 08:20 AM

I bought this strip card that I needed to complete my set and it was an obvious fake. you could feel the smooth shiny paper and when the name area was looped you could see the dot pattern. It was an obvious fake but the seller did refund me without any problems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-W515-1...8AAOSwUk5flRmh
Old 11-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Mac Wubben

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I emailed this guy about some other fakes he was selling. He informed me that I am a pathetic loser with a horrible life...and continued to sell his fakes.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:10 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Did you say, "Well, yeah. But what does one have to do with the other?"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcmac View Post
I emailed this guy about some other fakes he was selling. He informed me that I am a pathetic loser with a horrible life...and continued to sell his fakes.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:36 PM
pete ullman

ya...most of his cards have a weird looking corner? he "sold" a rare ruth strip that looks pretty good...now it's right back for sale again.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:27 PM
John Donovan

I'm glad this was posted. I was watching that e121 Cobb last week and thought the "aging" looked suspicious. I was concerned for the buyer that paid $1000+ for it. I'm also not positive that particular front pose can have a "series of 80" back....I know it can have a 120 back for sure, but not sure of the 80 (some e121 experts can probably confirm).

Now that it's up for sale again due to "non-payment" I also assume this guy's plan is to shill bid his own stuff, and then if he actually wins his own item, then resell claiming no payment. I also stumbled upon a Ruth strip card that appeared to be relisted by the same guy claiming no payment.

I'm definitely avoiding his auctions.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:31 PM
Mac Wubben

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Did you say, "Well, yeah. But what does one have to do with the other?"?
I mean...I collect baseball cards...no new information here.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Anson

Its always a dead giveaway when the same seller is offering PSA graded commons and tier 3 HOFers and raw tier 1 HOFers at the same time.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
I'm glad this was posted. I was watching that e121 Cobb last week and thought the "aging" looked suspicious. I was concerned for the buyer that paid $1000+ for it. I'm also not positive that particular front pose can have a "series of 80" back....I know it can have a 120 back for sure, but not sure of the 80 (some e121 experts can probably confirm).

Now that it's up for sale again due to "non-payment" I also assume this guy's plan is to shill bid his own stuff, and then if he actually wins his own item, then resell claiming no payment. I also stumbled upon a Ruth strip card that appeared to be relisted by the same guy claiming no payment.

I'm definitely avoiding his auctions.
That pose is available in the Series of 80, its called Ty Cobb facing front, the other two Cobb cards in the set are the same image called Ty Cobb facing right. The only difference is one bottom has "Manager" spelled out, the other says "Mgr." The "Manager" is more rare.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:20 PM
Bry@n

Is everyone reporting these cards to Ebay?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:12 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ź.Σ

He intermingles cheaper graded cards to create false security. Probably causes some potential buyers to think the non-graded cards are legitimate as well.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Been reporting since I've noticed several months ago. He's been running that scam of selling low dollar legitimate cards with a few fake high dollars for a while now. Probably doesn't do much better than break even on the cheap stuff, but he's making a killing on the fake cards. Still has 100% feedback, so he must have a loyal following. It seems that another part of his business model is to provide a fast refund once someone catches onto his scam, then they hush up quickly.

Last edited by oldeboo; 11-06-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:04 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcmac View Post

I didn't know you had a "Horrible Life"

JK Couldn't resist
Old 11-07-2020, 03:33 AM
octavio ranzola

Reported this scammer
Old 11-07-2020, 07:36 AM
Ben North

I expected something completely different in the opening post.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:12 PM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
That pose is available in the Series of 80, its called Ty Cobb facing front, the other two Cobb cards in the set are the same image called Ty Cobb facing right. The only difference is one bottom has "Manager" spelled out, the other says "Mgr." The "Manager" is more rare.
OK, thanks for confirming that this pose can be found as both an 80 or 120 back. I knew someone here would know

I still don't like the look of that Cobb card up for auction (which is bid back up to over $300 right now).
Old 11-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Chuck Price

I posted about this guy a few months back. He sold a green Cobb for big money, total obvious fake. I mean obvious to me and most on net54. Keep in mind that there are so many new members without a clue. Since I last posted on this seller, he has sold over six Cobb’s, plus loads of Ruth’s, etc. Someone gave him a negative the other day, somehow he had it taken down. He has weekly auctions, sells a few real graded cards, mixed in with the fakes. I clocked him for over 50k, I’ve been watching him. I reported him numerous times, eBay did nothing. The messed up thing is, there might be some net54 members that have purchased from him and have no clue.

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 11-07-2020, 03:28 PM
octavio ranzola

He laughed at me told me to f off ebay will do nothing sad
Old 11-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Chuck Price

He just had another negative taken off. That’s two negatives eBay removed this week. The problem is not only this guy, the problem is eBay, it’s bullshit

Old 11-09-2020, 08:12 AM

If I saved 1 member from this nightmare then the post was well worth it again. Yes he had a negative when I followed up on my positive that the card was fake. I didn't realize it was so easy to get legit negatives removed or does he have a relative working at ebay? I ran into that issue years ago.. Puts you at a real disadvantage. The Cobb he relisted and the Ruth strip card were both won by himself with a zero feedback ID. That is why they are relisted again. Ebay should suspend this character. Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping out. Dan Mckee.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:26 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
If I saved 1 member from this nightmare then the post was well worth it again. Yes he had a negative when I followed up on my positive that the card was fake. I didn't realize it was so easy to get legit negatives removed or does he have a relative working at ebay? I ran into that issue years ago.. Puts you at a real disadvantage. The Cobb he relisted and the Ruth strip card were both won by himself with a zero feedback ID. That is why they are relisted again. Ebay should suspend this character. Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping out. Dan Mckee.
Thank you dan but nothing will be done with crooks like rhis. He knows the system well and takes advantage. A real scum
Old 11-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Brett

I have watched a few of his auctions, and actually purchased a T206 Crawford PSA 1.5 from him last month. It was a smooth transaction, but I would be wary of purchasing any of his raw cards. That E96 Jennings has been relisted a few times now even though there has always been bids. Very strange!
Old 11-09-2020, 01:12 PM
David M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I have watched a few of his auctions, and actually purchased a T206 Crawford PSA 1.5 from him last month. It was a smooth transaction, but I would be wary of purchasing any of his raw cards. That E96 Jennings has been relisted a few times now even though there has always been bids. Very strange!
You should post a positive review on ebay but then say his raw cards are fake. Might save someone from getting scammed.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
You should post a positive review on ebay but then say his raw cards are fake. Might save someone from getting scammed.
Unfortunately, I already left my standard positive feedback note a few weeks back.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
+1 Dan'o. Thanks for pointing this DB out...

Old 11-10-2020, 02:08 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I just did. Not sure it'll help, but you'd think if enough people flag the item, then eBay would need to do something.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 11-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Chuck Price

These are three of the four reprints he sold, the other was a $450 Cobb. Buyer Beware.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.8 KB, 829 views)

Old 11-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheexterminator View Post
These are three of the four reprints he sold, the other was a $450 Cobb. Buyer Beware.
8k+ for three fakes, not a bad day in the office. Ebay loves it as long as they get their cut.

Last edited by oldeboo; 11-12-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:31 PM

Default Most of this Seller's high dollar raw cards are Fakes. Please be careful.

Hard to imagine someone bidding on Goudey Ruths and prewar Cobbs would actually fall for this? All the typical scammer signs are there. And some of those fakes are blatantly obvious, like the 49 Paige.

It must happen enough (without returns) to make it “worth it” for this guy.

Last edited by Jgrace; 11-12-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Richard L.

I reported a card to eBay several days before it ended. Was never pulled.
It sold twice, first buyer returned or didn’t pay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14500417-303D-4D27-964E-432F4C4CD2B3.jpg (16.9 KB, 796 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Connor
Connor

I remember when you could buy raw cards on eBay with no issue. I think people would be surprised what you could buy if they are newer to the hobby. even as late as 1999-2004 ish I still would find incredible deals on ebay of raw pre war cards. I Purchased a 1916 Ruth standard biscuit and Joe Jax Raw on ebay and it graded fine with SGC.. Probably was around 2002.. Those days are long gone.. RIP.

Unless its a set filler common I don’t trust anything raw on ebay. The seller and his feedback/time on ebay is the dead giveaway..
Old 11-12-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 View Post
I remember when you could buy raw cards on eBay with no issue. I think people would be surprised what you could buy if they are newer to the hobby. even as late as 1999-2004 ish I still would find incredible deals on ebay of raw pre war cards. I Purchased a 1916 Ruth standard biscuit and Joe Jax Raw on ebay and it graded fine with SGC.. Probably was around 2002.. Those days are long gone.. RIP.

Unless its a set filler common I don’t trust anything raw on ebay. The seller and his feedback/time on ebay is the dead giveaway..
Couldn't agree more Conner. I just posted on a different Ebay scammer thread that I no longer consider ebay a viable place to buy cards and it has become the wild west/dark web

And did you say Standard Biscuit Ruth??!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself (although this is not your SGC one). Especially after our text exchange today about M101-4 vs M101-5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1916 Standard Biscuit Ruth - Front.jpg (77.7 KB, 763 views)
File Type: jpg 1916 Standard Biscuit Ruth - Back.jpg (34.3 KB, 754 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Connor
Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Couldn't agree more Conner. I just posted on a different Ebay scammer thread that I no longer consider ebay a viable place to buy cards and it has become the wild west/dark web

And did you say Standard Biscuit Ruth??!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself (although this is not your SGC one). Especially after our text exchange today about M101-4 vs M101-5
Ry- You can buy on ebay just check into the seller and make sure its graded. Definitely some land mines and schemers to avoid, but some of my best deals historically have been on ebay. Even the last couple of years. I will say you can tell the shilling and fraud is getting worse and worse every year, so for what you collect I get not even touching ebay. Jay has posted it before so I am not outing him, but he is the one that ended up with my SB SGC 3 Ruth.

Your very cruel for posting your SB. Funny side note if you search flea bay- for what ever reason some guy decided to copy your specific SB as one of the most common fakes listed online. It’s bizarre!
Old 11-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 View Post
some of my best deals historically have been on ebay.
Hard to argue against this. There are opportunities through having good search parameters, a good eye, knowledge, and maybe a little luck. Plus, there is some joy in searching through the weeds and coming up with something pretty good.

I think of that blue Old Mill back T206 that keeps getting promoted. Would it be nice to have it? Sure, but not for 15-30k or whatever it's going to sell for. Considering it's such a minor little printing goof(although people go wild for minor errors like that), I'd much rather pull the trigger on a couple of nice Uzits or something. I have little doubt that I can find a blue Old Mill for $50-$100 and enjoy the hunt while looking, might take awhile though. There are plenty of them hiding out there in the wild.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Yes TY everyone! Something worked! I woke up to this:

soccerfan9264 (Feedback score 2280)
No longer a registered user
Old 12-18-2020, 03:43 AM
Oli.ver Lout.sen.ko

Default Karma will ultimately be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

This is an absolutely hilarious hypothesis of what happened. Not in the least bit. As an FYI, I am a no longer a registered user because I am in the process of filing the appropriate disputes, etc. with eBay and PayPal to clear up my monthly bill. eBay always sides with the buyer, so I have no idea what this Dan guy is talking about. Yes, I believe I did sell Dan a reprint by accident. You guys want to try to tell me that for 12-15 years I've randomly been passing along reprints that went unnoticed? Look at my prior feedback; I collected game used before I did vintage.

The posts especially by Dan are a literal definition of libel. The Ruth and Cobb that were purchased and immediately re-listed were by a 0 feedback buyer; and both were different eBay User ID's. In my listings I clearly state anyone below 5 feedback cannot bid on my auctions without contacting me first. I saw what was going on with the disputes arising from this forum. My last dispute simply had the reasoning of "I want my refund"; nothing else. Because this all precipitated at once, I'm unable to adequately respond to eBay since my account is temporarily no longer a registered user while I wait to see how eBay will rule on some cases and then I will pay them my monthly bill and get back to my Power Seller level.

I'd kindly request, based on the TOS when signing up for this forum, that this thread be preserved for legal reasons. I will be emailing Leon separately (apparently the admin of this place) and just incase I'll take screenshots of it before someone realizes how illegal some assumptions (like the idiotic one's made by Dan) are.

I will be back soon, don't worry. None of you have to bid on my cards...every single person (and then some extra's, were made whole). The extra one's were as a direct result of this thread and will be reported to eBay accordingly. I don't have a relationship with eBay...you guys went above and beyond for nothing. If I lose a dispute for "I want my refund too" on a completely legitimate $1700 card, that's wrong. I don't care if I missed a few. The Cobb that some dude mentioned was fake a few months ago was pulled down, when it was almost $3k in bids with less than 24 hours left and the top bidder had 4 feedback. It came back from PSA as N-4 and was never re-listed again. You don't become a crook after 12 years of nothing but positive sales on eBay, that's all I have to say. Has anyone not been made whole? If not, please let me know. I'm not a tough guy to find and to the loser who wakes up to me no longer being a registered user and celebrates, you must live a sad life. Things like the E96 Jennings PSA 1 were simply unpaid by the initial 3 buyers; then the fourth finally paid. I opened unpaid item cases and closed them according to eBay policy.

Don't worry Dan, I'll square myself up with eBay, I'll have an email conversation with Leon (with respect, because I absolutely do not agree with this thread), then I'll have the time and energy to investigate what $ I lost out on because of baseless assumptions, wild uneducated guesses, and flat out lies I can prove are flat out lies. I don't think there's a vintage card out there - except the crazy ones everyone knows about - that's worth more to me than the contents of this thread. The terms of service clearly state what was done here is illegal. What's wild is that there are idiots who would do it out in the open, on a public forum where someone can easily access it. I hope it won't be shut down, but if it is, I will ensure to take screenshots of the contents. I already have Dan's confirmed mailing address, looking forward to serving him with notice once I am back in action on eBay. For now, I made $5k in cash in one day. How? I showed the cards to vintage experts, one of them came with someone who claimed he used to work for PSA, and I made a few cash deals. Met them in person, showed them the cards, no one had a single problem. I absolutely do not agree with every single return I've had (Dan is correct about his Cobb W Strip), but have the ones that I've gotten wrong been re-listed? Nope. Hopefully the day Dan gets served with a hefty lawsuit coincides with the day I am back on eBay. Be well gentlemen.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:50 AM
Oli.ver Lout.sen.ko

Default Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheexterminator View Post
Yep, the W520 Ruth for $1700 was disputed with the reason being "I want my refund", do you think that has anything to do with this thread? The buyer did crap his pants and start claiming that the card is at PSA as we speak (after he opened the dispute obviously), but it's a legit strip card. Sorry. It is. The Paige is legit. The Ruth apparently came back N4 and the buyer was automatically refunded (I couldn't because I was already suspended, otherwise I would have refunded him myself). It came out of my PayPal Plus Cash Account. But these kind of assumptions and other garbage is so dangerous, especially when I have a track history of selling A LOT of expensive graded cards. Not just the Tier 3 HOFers or whatever. I've sold multiple PSA A Ruth and Cobb Strip cards. I sold graded t205 and t206 Mathewsons, Cobbs, etc. This was a mistake.

Poster beware; I'm obviously going to take action to protect myself.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:06 AM
Oli.ver Lout.sen.ko

Default Requesting Contact Info

Taken from the top of the website, in addition to the terms of service when signing up:

"If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it."

Leon, I believe the posts by user "danmckee" are explicitly written about me. There needs to be a way made available to me to seek recourse for the defamation caused. If a single one of those 4 cards isn't a reprint (Ruth Strip Card will absolutely come back legit, Paige buyer had no problems, Cobb came back only because of the guys on this board)...point being they're not all reprints and as a result, I lost revenue, reputation, and potential future earnings. As I said, I will be sending you an email to discuss this further. If you hate me, that's fine. You have an obligation as the moderator of this forum to keep the posts within it legal and not slanderous towards another individual.

PS - if you guys wanted to go after someone, why wouldn't you go after Toppsaholic? I paid the guy 2x more than what he wanted when I made a mistake purchasing an item from him and he still harassed me with private calls. I got over 60 in one day, literally. None of that stuff is looked at as lightly as "danmckee" thinks. As the moderator, you should know that. I would like to have a chat before going to vBulletin and trying to solve this ridiculous problem superhero mckee created for me. He'll pay for it (literally, with money), but it's not a good habit to get into. Keep the posts on the forum legal...
Old 12-18-2020, 05:42 AM
Frank Bev.ilac.qua

Default Question

Let me get this straight....

Dan buys a strip card that is fake, and he is refunded by you. Dan tells us about this experience. It's a true statement.

Dan tells us about the cobb being fake. PSA sends back as fake. True statement.

Am I missing something here? Both of these statements were true. Dan, and everyone else, please keep reporting on your true experiences so that this Board can continue to make educated decisions with whom to do (or NOT do) business with. Thank you Dan!
Old 12-18-2020, 08:02 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan9264 View Post
Taken from the top of the website, in addition to the terms of service when signing up:

"If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it."

Leon, I believe the posts by user "danmckee" are explicitly written about me. There needs to be a way made available to me to seek recourse for the defamation caused. If a single one of those 4 cards isn't a reprint (Ruth Strip Card will absolutely come back legit, Paige buyer had no problems, Cobb came back only because of the guys on this board)...point being they're not all reprints and as a result, I lost revenue, reputation, and potential future earnings. As I said, I will be sending you an email to discuss this further. If you hate me, that's fine. You have an obligation as the moderator of this forum to keep the posts within it legal and not slanderous towards another individual.

PS - if you guys wanted to go after someone, why wouldn't you go after Toppsaholic? I paid the guy 2x more than what he wanted when I made a mistake purchasing an item from him and he still harassed me with private calls. I got over 60 in one day, literally. None of that stuff is looked at as lightly as "danmckee" thinks. As the moderator, you should know that. I would like to have a chat before going to vBulletin and trying to solve this ridiculous problem superhero mckee created for me. He'll pay for it (literally, with money), but it's not a good habit to get into. Keep the posts on the forum legal...
FWIW search Toppsaholic on this board you'll see he's been raked over the coals.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-18-2020, 08:40 AM
Jor.dan Lew.is

Hi soccerfan9264,

I'm glad you're here to clear the air and defend your good name.

I can't speak to whether or not you've sold any fakes, but one thing I am curious about is your alleged connection with accounts on ebay who allegedly engage in fraudulent and unethical buying behavior. For instance, several months ago, there was an ebay account named "steplout4" who was reportedly (as I heard from numerous trusted ebay sellers) purchasing cards and then filing disputes with ebay as if they were unauthorized transactions, thus getting a refund without having to send the card back. More than one of these cards was then subsequently sold by you. Both you and steplout4 had listed your location as Bellmore, NY.

In addition to that alleged connection that others reported, one that I can personally attest to is that another account located in the NYC area purchased a card from me on ebay. Over two months later, with zero messages beforehand, this buyer left me negative feedback on that card. Being a good and ethical seller, I immediately messaged the buyer to find out what the problem was and offered a full refund with a prepaid return label, only to be told that it was "not really worth me shipping the card back out," which I thought was an odd reply. I checked completed listings to see if this buyer had already resold the card, but no, the card in question had actually been sold by you, about a month before this buyer had left his negative feedback.

I can imagine it might be very distressing for someone of your good character to have any alleged connection with unsavory activities like what I describe above and that you might want more information. Just say the word and I'll be glad to post everything I have (e.g. screenshots, messages, relevant names and addresses), as well as asking other involved parties to come and give their accounts, so that you and anyone else who's interested can do their own investigating.

I look forward to your reply!
Old 12-18-2020, 09:39 AM
Oli.ver Lout.sen.ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo29 View Post
Let me get this straight....

Dan buys a strip card that is fake, and he is refunded by you. Dan tells us about this experience. It's a true statement.

Dan tells us about the cobb being fake. PSA sends back as fake. True statement.

Am I missing something here? Both of these statements were true. Dan, and everyone else, please keep reporting on your true experiences so that this Board can continue to make educated decisions with whom to do (or NOT do) business with. Thank you Dan!
That's the experience Dan told you about? That one is absolutely true, as is the second (which I told Dan about), but how much other garbage was fabricated? Other cards that were totally fine that he claimed were fake? Some BS about shilling...? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own set of facts.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Funny thing about business, if you're surrounded in turmoil and controversy there's usually a reason for that. I've also transacted with Dan and it was smooth professional drama free experience. In business as in life, character counts, a lot.

Phil Lewis
Old 12-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Have no comment on the eBay listings as I never saw them prior to you pulling your account. However, if you're concerned about your reputation as a dealer I would be more worried about damage control than hostilely threatening potential customers with legal disputes.

If I understand correctly, you are admitting to have sold at least 2 fakes, is that right? Wouldn't a better approach to clearing your name be to address that and explain that they were mere outliers instead of threatening lawsuits?

Something like

"Hello, you are correct that I recently listed a few items that were deemed not authentic. This was simply an accident that comes with the territory when you deal with vintage raw cards. I have made the buyer whole and will go to great lengths to make sure something like this never happens again. My reputation is very important to me and I have a long solid track record of transactions over the last 15 years. I hope the members of this forum realize my honesty and won't be reluctant to deal with me in the future."

would seem to go over a lot better than lashing out. I understand the frustration you have with sales being pulled on ebay due to this thread. Again, I never saw any of your cards so you may have a very legitimate reason to be upset. That being said I think you'd be better off by being a little less combative.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:15 PM
Richard L.

Add me to the list soccer fan. Your cards are shit and that’s my opinion. Still uncertain if you’re a con or just clueless? Once some of these buyers realize they bought reprints they’ll be coming back for a refund down the road. Many people contacted eBay over these worthless “ treasures”. And make sure you keep all the scans to prove you wrong!

Richard Lapointe
Old 12-19-2020, 01:08 PM
Oli.ver Lout.sen.ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaddict View Post
Add me to the list soccer fan. Your cards are shit and that’s my opinion. Still uncertain if you’re a con or just clueless? Once some of these buyers realize they bought reprints they’ll be coming back for a refund down the road. Many people contacted eBay over these worthless “ treasures”. And make sure you keep all the scans to prove you wrong!

Richard Lapointe
No worries, a lawsuit is in the process of being filed. You won't be on it, but you can grab some popcorn and take a seat. Should be a lot of fun to watch.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Jor.dan Lew.is

Soccerfan, any comments on what I posted above?
Old 12-20-2020, 11:21 AM

I find the concept of a lawsuit fascinating. Considering some of what you see on online message boards, social media etc.... a lawsuit over this seems pretty wild. Are there examples of a similar lawsuit being successful?
Old 12-20-2020, 07:49 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParachromBleu View Post
Soccerfan, any comments on what I posted above?
Someone doesn't seem to understand that if a lawsuit proceeds they will HAVE to answer such questions...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions