NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Default Four good reasons to join A Registry

Posted By: Brian C Daniels 

1) you have implied proof of ownership good for assisting in possible reaquiring of stolen cards!

2) It's a check list for you so you don't have to ask the wife one more time for the combination to your safe or go over to the safe deposit box to see what or which cards within a set you already or don't have!

3) You get a discount on submittals to the grading service

4) lastly,you have no competition from Leon unless you are compiling a "type" set!!! : )

Old 01-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

1. Home invasion robbery (a big thing out here in SoCal within ethnic communities where cash and assets are traditionally kept at home; why advertise a valuable collection?). Ditto for burglary.

2. Taxes: Hypothetically speaking, of course, once there is a record of a collectible, there is a potential record for the taxing authorities to subpoena when auditing you. How many of you deal at major shows on a cash and carry basis??

3. Creditors claims: If there is a record (see #2) a creditor can seize the asset. No record, no asset.

Old 01-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

You convinced me. YOU shouldn't join.....best regards

Old 01-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Administrator

You need a "UBO" bro! An Unincorportated Business Operation....aka Complex trust System devoiding yourself of tax liability or auditing for such things by being an executor of a TRUST WHEREBY THESE PROPERTIES ARE not OWN OR ATTACHED VIA SSN/TIN TO YOU IN ANYWAY! The trust should operate under it's own TIN/SSN so there is no direct connection between "it" and "you". The idea in this country is to CONTROL assests WITHOUT ownership thus devoiding insurance liavilities and "personal" income tax.There are thousands and thousands of people who are employed by the UBO in this country and cannot be forced to sell or give over assets they "rent" or use freely "owned" by an entity.It is a personal version of a Corporation except you are corporating your life and not a business. I have lived this way for well over 15 years now.I do not personally own baseball cards!

Old 01-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Williams

Unless you want to screw over the gov't or a creditor, or are afraid of getting robbed (which I do understand), the registry is good...

Old 01-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I guess I have a bit of problem with the "mine's bigger" aspect of this.

BTW, does the registering company offer to relabel your cards when you finish the set to show that they are from the "[Your Name Here] Set"? And if not, would that be something everyone who likes the idea of a set registry would like??

Old 01-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I mainly list my cards for show and as trade bait. For my player set, I could really care less if I have a bunch of high grade slabbed cards. I would much rather trade them off for a bunch of lower grade cards that I can use to fill holes in my player set.

Jay

Old 01-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Administrator

which ones did you post?

Old 01-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Administrator

I have cards listed in the m116 and e90-3 sets. m116s are for trade, e90-3s I am keeping unless I get a really good offer on the Hofman misprint. I have 4 e90-3s all in the same shape as the Hofman.

I also have my N2 Indian Chiefs and E50 Wild West cards up.

Jay

Old 01-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

AHaven't had any since my son quit collecting in 1983.

Old 01-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

Hey Jay do you got a link so I can see the E-90-3's you have? Rob

Old 01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Administrator

only one is graded. All the others are in similar shape to the card that is graded.

http://www.sgccardregistry.com/index.asp?action=3&setcategory=1&setid=267&usetid=378

Jay