NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Sorry, but I've heard of buyers having totally different experiences with this seller...
Sorry, but I'd rather hear from them than you.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:14 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

And the winner for the most pathetic post in net54 history is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Sorry, but I'd rather hear from them than you.
Why don't you tell us, Hanky Boy, what the problem is, huh? Did you not understand that my reworking of the world famous 'The Godfather' 'take the cannoli' scene was an effort to add a little bit more humor (playing off the guy who hysterically compared David B to a caped superhero) to the thread? Surely, you saw the huge-ass smiley face emoji I put in my post to let mental midgets like you know it was all in good fun, right??

I guess the funniest thing about all of this is, for someone who lives a completely humorless life, you're nothing but a fucki_ng clown. (See how easy it is to randomly insult someone, dipsh_t?)

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:29 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Well, that escalated quickly....

I too have had great experience buying cards from David, though not for nearly 15 or so years.
He was one of the early players on eBay who actually gave great service and piece of mind buying from him. Had him bookmarked for many years.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:32 PM
St.eve Sus.sman

Chuck Norris used to have a world-class baseball card collection. Then he challenged David B Vintage to a winner-take-all arm wrestling match. Now Chuck Norris has to buy back his cards from David B Vintage's eBay store one at a time.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Jimmy

Always great items and easy to work with - has been a dealer a long time! Real hard to maintain a website, but I am sure he will get back to you if contacted.

Jimmy

Last edited by jbsports33; 10-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

Why don't you tell us, Hanky Boy, what the problem is, huh? Did you not understand that my reworking of the world famous 'The Godfather' 'take the cannoli' scene was an effort to add a little bit more humor (playing off the guy who hysterically compared David B to a caped superhero) to the thread? Surely, you saw the huge-ass smiley face emoji I put in my post to let mental midgets like you know it was all in good fun, right??

I guess the funniest thing about all of this is, for someone who lives a completely humorless life, you're nothing but a fucki_ng clown. (See how easy it is to randomly insult someone, dipsh_t?)
That's not cool. Hank is one of the nicest guys on here. I don't think he read the bottom line under the photo. It was clearly a joke but wasn't taken that way. No need to go crazy

Last edited by Leon; 10-09-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:20 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
That's not cool. Hank is one of the nicest guys on here. I don't think he read the bottom line under the photo. It was clearly a joke but wasn't taken that way. No need to go crazy

Ahh yes, nothing like a little black face to tell the story of baseball.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Ahh yes, nothing like a little black face to tell the story of baseball.
Thanks for sharing.
One of my favorite cabinets. You're welcome. I love the craziness of it.

and back to subject. David is one of my favorite guys in the hobby.

Last edited by Leon; 10-10-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:59 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I’ve known David for 25 years and have had numerous dealing with him. He is a great guy and was one heck of a football player when he was young (this is true). I have spent countless hours talking to him at Nationals, all very enjoyable.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Oy… I just wanted to know if anyone knew David. Found him offline, seems cool. To those who chipped in to my question, thanks.

(Weird how these threads can take such nasty turns seemingly out of nowhere.)
Old 10-11-2021, 10:24 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
One of my favorite cabinets. You're welcome. I love the craziness of it.

Cool. Do you have any of guys dressing up as Jews with fake noses and yamukas?

I find it interesting that you love it so much, you do realize how black people were treated at the time correct?
What do you think the intention is of those players? Showing their respects to the talented laborers they knew who had great baseballing instincts I imagine.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:52 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Cool. Do you have any of guys dressing up as Jews with fake noses and yamukas?

I find it interesting that you love it so much, you do realize how black people were treated at the time correct?
What do you think the intention is of those players? Showing their respects to the talented laborers they knew who had great baseballing instincts I imagine.
Discussion of Politics and Religion are verboten on this sub, I'd like to see Race added to the list. Posts like this are a perfect reason why.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 10-09-2021, 08:30 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:

You're an idiot and a gutless board troll. Also a nasty f**k. Screw you, A-hole.
Closed Thread