NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 08-19-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I got a hold of Mr Wheat and in his opinion they are 100% fake. He is out of town so posting is a PITA for him and he said I could post his opinion.

Yea I talked to him thru pm, again my biggest thing is they pass all the tests that any of the online info says to look for. The bottoms of the shield aren’t pointed, you can see the stars in the flag, you can make out the coconuts and the bottom leaf of the palm tree doesn’t touch the line and falls between the R and the A. So what exactly is it that makes them fake? I guess these would have to be some of the best fakes out their considering the psa article says every fake they have come across doesn’t have the dots for stars and can’t make out the coconuts. I’m completely confused on all this, if someone is going to say their fake ok that’s fine but why? What makes them look fake? I haven’t gotten that part just “their fake”.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:18 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrauss44 View Post
Yea I talked to him thru pm, again my biggest thing is they pass all the tests that any of the online info says to look for. The bottoms of the shield aren’t pointed, you can see the stars in the flag, you can make out the coconuts and the bottom leaf of the palm tree doesn’t touch the line and falls between the R and the A. So what exactly is it that makes them fake? I guess these would have to be some of the best fakes out their considering the psa article says every fake they have come across doesn’t have the dots for stars and can’t make out the coconuts. I’m completely confused on all this, if someone is going to say their fake ok that’s fine but why? What makes them look fake? I haven’t gotten that part just “their fake”.
Post a pic of all 285 you have from the opened packs and I will give you a few of the laundry list of problems they have.

Last edited by bnorth; 08-19-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:40 PM

Last edited by Jakrauss44; 08-19-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Post a pic of all 285 you have from the opened packs and I will give you a few of the laundry list of problems they have.
alright then lets get this out of the way right now. I am trying to attach pictures of all the cards I pulled as well as the packs, however it keeps saying upload failed. when this was happening the other day its b/c the files were HEIC files and not supported by the site, however these are JPEG files so shouldn't be an issue. Honestly had I known I was gonna get mostly sarcastic smart ass comments insinuating that I am full of shit I wouldn't have even bothered on this board and would of went elsewhere. I am a legit collector trying to get legit feedback and that's it. Again had I realized that was such a problem on this board I would of gone elsewhere but unfortunately this is where I started thinking that this was the best place to get the best feedback, am I wrong? I am used to helping other collectors when I am in the position to be able to, guess most others are just negative skeptics but too each their own.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrauss44 View Post
alright then lets get this out of the way right now. I am trying to attach pictures of all the cards I pulled as well as the packs, however it keeps saying upload failed. when this was happening the other day its b/c the files were HEIC files and not supported by the site, however these are JPEG files so shouldn't be an issue. Honestly had I known I was gonna get mostly sarcastic smart ass comments insinuating that I am full of shit I wouldn't have even bothered on this board and would of went elsewhere. I am a legit collector trying to get legit feedback and that's it. Again had I realized that was such a problem on this board I would of gone elsewhere but unfortunately this is where I started thinking that this was the best place to get the best feedback, am I wrong? I am used to helping other collectors when I am in the position to be able to, guess most others are just negative skeptics but too each their own.
I don't think you have got a single bad comment. The photo file is too big if they are not uploading. Try to shrink them if that does not work PM me your email and I will email you so you can send them to me. Then I will upload them for you.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:52 PM

plus my other thing on this is, if they are fake, why would someone stuff those chippers in packs? Especially when they can sell them by themselves for way more than what they can get for a pack?
Old 08-19-2019, 04:06 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Is this the best place to get information? Maybe. But many scammers post on this board and others (like blowout or collectors unlimited) to gain information about how to make their fakes better.
Your first strike against you is that you're a new account. Second strike, that you posted about an obvious fake Ruth. So you should understand that you're going to get heavily inspected and criticized. Grow a thicker skin if you're going to post on message boards.

But yes, many experts will not publish their findings because fraudsters will use that to make better fakes. All we have up to now is your claim that you opened up packs. That's why you were requested to upload pictures of the other cards in the packs.

Send one in to PSA, one into BGS, and one into SGC to see what they say.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:02 PM

And again as I stated give me another option to get the pics up. Everything I e I’ve tried posting comes back as upload failed. I’ll be more than happy to email the pics to someone else if they can get them posted or send to anyone else by phone doesn’t matter which to me. I get being questioned, however the need to post smart ass remarks is unwarranted. Has nothing to do with needing thicker skin and everything to do with showing a little respect, as to this point I’ve done that but I guess none of you have ever had a fake card or ripped off before so excuse me on that part. I didn’t get on here in any sort of derogatory tone or attitude I’m simply looking for information/feedback. Everyone has to start somewhere don’t they? Everyone starts off as new at some point, do they not? But I guess all the “people In the know” so to speak started off with a 1000 posts and veteran status. That kind of bullshit right their is why true collectors that happen to be “new” get turned off by these boards. Like I said at first if someone has another option to post the pics I’m all ears otherwise I guess I’ll just send them in to be graded and use that as being legit or not. Was just hoping to not have to spend over priced rates and wait a month if I could keep from it. However Those kind of comments are the exact reason I’m new and will stay new, sorry I don’t get down with the whole “my shit don’t stink” and “I’m better than you” attitude simply bc I haven’t posted a lot.

Last edited by Jakrauss44; 08-19-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:18 PM
Ben North

You have to shrink the file size down to around 1MB each for.them to upload.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:02 PM
Al Richter

Seems to me you got a couple of opinions that the cards are fakes, a couple that they looked good, and at least one not sure ( me). If you have some nice Chipper Jones cards send them to PSA. If they grade them then it should not matter what the nays say. I personally don't think it fair on your part to categorize the feedback you asked for and received here as smarts ass in nature.