NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-07-2023, 06:02 AM
octavio ranzola

Default Ebay question

Just bought a $300 cracker jack is this going straight to me or EBay authentic and i get it in that ebay box not sure thx guys
Old 04-07-2023, 06:27 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Just bought a $300 cracker jack is this going straight to me or EBay authentic and i get it in that ebay box not sure thx guys
Did it say it was going through the authentication process? Some have found hacks to get around it. Post a link to the listing.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:27 AM
octavio ranzola

Hi ben i bought a $200 cj got it but your right this one said it oh well
Old 04-07-2023, 07:33 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Hi ben i bought a $200 cj got it but your right this one said it oh well
What I have noticed is some sellers have found a way to get around the authentication system. Then there are others like me who have found a way to make cards under the threshold go through the authentication system.

As a buyer and seller I love the program as it gets rid of most of the scammers.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:40 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
If you check out the shipping tracking status, it should show whether it's going to the authenticator first, or whether it's going straight to you.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 04-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
What I have noticed is some sellers have found a way to get around the authentication system. Then there are others like me who have found a way to make cards under the threshold go through the authentication system.

As a buyer and seller I love the program as it gets rid of most of the scammers.
How do you get a card under the $250 threshold to go thru it? I know how they're avoiding by adding a 2nd card and listing in Trading Card Lots instead of Trading Card Singles. I wouldn't think many people search using those anyway. That said, if I thought that was the intent, I'd probably pass.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:12 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
How do you get a card under the $250 threshold to go thru it? I know how they're avoiding by adding a 2nd card and listing in Trading Card Lots instead of Trading Card Singles. I wouldn't think many people search using those anyway. That said, if I thought that was the intent, I'd probably pass.
I bought a card that was listed for $250 through a best offer for less and it still went through the authentication process so that's one way it can happen.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:21 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
The listing both before and post-sale will always show "Authenticity Guarantee" with a blue check mark just under the price. It kicks in once the price exceeds $250 so if it was less than that and surpasses it in last second bidding, you likely won't see it until post-sale.

A different situation happened to me, which I think would be good for all to know about. I bought a lot of 3 graded cards that was above the total. The seller had them listed in Trading Card Singles so the Authenticity Guarantee kicked in even though it shouldn't have. The seller wasn't aware of the program. Originally, in this situation the authenticator would have sent the cards back to the seller stating it could not be authenticated due to listing error, blah, blah blah. Now, at least in the case where authenticity is not in question... they go ahead and send it to the buyer with a note that it could not be authenticated per program standards or something to that effect. In that case, the buyer still could contact the seller if there was an issue, but with my situation, it was 3 newly graded cards with scans on PSA's web site so no worry. I just wanted the cards and didn't care about the fancy folder.

I'm a much bigger fan of the program with raw cards than graded but all worked out. I had to explain to the seller how it would work out as he truly no clue.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:49 PM
octavio ranzola

Thx everyone appreciate your time and help