NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Greg Mitchell

Default $1600 for a t206 PSA 6 commons?

Yes, there's a Hooks Wiltse portrait going for that over at Goodwin today. Apparently the "hook" is that it is alleged to be the top-graded Old Mill. However, when was that SUCH a big deal? And, BTW, while it is described as highest graded in fact there is one other PSA 6 for that. Isn't the proper description "none higher"?

Anyway, if anyone wants to offer me $1400 for my Bill Bradley t206 Old Mill actual highest graded PSA 6--fire away!! Or maybe I should double that....

Last edited by GregMitch34; 03-28-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Highest graded is just that

Whether it's a pop 1 or 20 at that grade. It's still highest graded 1/2 or whatever the total is. Also there is some competition from big money guys doing the full set as nice as possible with each back. Put your card in Goodwin he does seem to get top dollar on tougher t cards. I do agree price seems a high but that's an auction.

Last edited by glynparson; 03-27-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 AM

I hope whoever is spending the big bucks on these "low pop" cards, is doing their own pop report reseach, across the board in ALL brands, including "unkown backs". There are MANY cards that have been graded before PSA starting breaking it down by brands.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 03-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Alex

This is crazy money. I don't see PSA 6 as being so high that it will remain there.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

May be frequency of sale as well. Looking at cardtarget there isn't a single listed sale of ANY Wiltse no cap card with an old mill back. Both variations of Bradley have numerous.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
May be frequency of sale as well. Looking at cardtarget there isn't a single listed sale of ANY Wiltse no cap card with an old mill back. Both variations of Bradley have numerous.
11:11 I think this^^ could be a very good possibility. Tough combination, not available for sale very often, and in a higher grade-plus what Glyn said, about big money collectors trying to put together the full set nice as possible.

Mike is right about the pop reports. Not 100% accurate, for the reasons he stated.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Greg Mitchell

Up to $1600. Auction still going. Hard to believe "not up for auction" often would be that big a factor. And still think should not be described as "highest graded" instead of "none higher."
Old 03-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Hard to believe "not up for auction" often would be that big a factor.
Why is that hard to believe? CardTarget seems to go back usually at least to around 2008-that's 6 years. If this is a card you've been waiting to show up for 6+ years, I could see that being a factor to go big even more so than the high grade. I mean, from purely a collectors POV, I would think to myself "how much longer would I have to wait to see another one show up?".

The key is the front/back combination, in my opinion, more than the high grade. I think the high grade is secondary. Plus, the lack of availability of the combination. People are doing their research is what it tells me.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM

Also, the card happens to be pretty killer, a very strong, bold example. not saying i'd pay that amount for it, but if i had big-time coin, and liked the way it looked, i'd bid hard without much thought.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Also, the card happens to be pretty killer, a very strong, bold example. not saying i'd pay that amount for it, but if i had big-time coin, and liked the way it looked, i'd bid hard without much thought.
Exactly- that amount may be way out of my range, but for some it's like dropping twenty dollars.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I know cardtarget doesn't catch every card sold in the last 6 years, but I couldn't find one in a quick google search. I do believe the frequency does outweigh the grade. I recently paid some very high prices for a card with disregard to the grade because I am going for a back run and wanted the card and apparently so did some others (this was above other cards in the same grade from the same set).

Last edited by bn2cardz; 03-28-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Thought I would go ahead and make an edit at 11:11
Old 03-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Sc.ott Stif.fler

OM backs on print group 1 subjects aren't exactly easy to find.