NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Jason

Default I wish baseball card packs still came with gum

Ya know?
I miss the distinctive smell of opening a new pack of gum & cardboard.

That's all I had to say, really.

anyone agree?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
leo

Default gum

doesnt heritage come with gum? they are all wrapped in plastic though! dont quite get the smell. I recall buying boxes of 84 OPC baseball in 1987, and i found that the canadian gum was still quite edible lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafett72 View Post
doesnt heritage come with gum? they are all wrapped in plastic though! dont quite get the smell. I recall buying boxes of 84 OPC baseball in 1987, and i found that the canadian gum was still quite edible lol.
I was wondering about Topps Heritage too. I don't follow the new stuff so I'm not sure. You could always buy some 1987 Topps wax packs and chew the gum out of them. Actually, it just melts in your mouth and has an awful taste after all these years. I don't know what possessed me to actually try and chew it, but I did for some reason and I wouldn't recommend it...
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Heritage does. I buy a case every year.
Tastes and smells just like the stuff we grew up with.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Scott

1981 Fleer and Donruss gum is still edible today..haha. Once, bout 1988 or so, a guy was at a card show I promoted, set up, and had found some boxes of 62 and 63 topps baseball in an old store. He opened a pack as an "attraction" at the show. After pulling a PRISTINE Brock rookie, I attempted to chew a corner of the hideous "blackish" gum. Tasted like dirt and burned toast rolled into one.

Ah, the days.......
Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Doug C.

For some reason I figured I wasn't the only person on here that had actually tried to chew a piece of 20+ year old gum...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Rob Miller

I did the same last year with a pack of 1987 Topps that I had bought to relive my youth.

Agreeing with Doug, the gum kind of disintegrated in my mouth and tasted absolutely brutal.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Jason Albregts

That Heritage gum is horrid. I don't think they use the same stuff as the 80's packs, but then my taste buds could have changed
Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Doug C.

I thought that Heritage gum tasted awful compared to the stuff from the mid '80s. Of course compared to what the mid '80s gum tastes like today I think I'd go with the Heritage kind now.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Jason Jones

I cracked open a couple of '78 Topps packs the other day and "chewed" the gum...wasn't that bad (for the 1.8 seconds it lasted before dissolving)