NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Michael

Default ebay issues

My son has been selling some signed cards I gave him to help with his mortgage- vintage signed- anywhere in the $10-$1000 range. He recently sold a 1961 Topps Drysdale.Buyer was someone who buys and sells. He claims the card has major creases despite the picture on ebay showing it didn't. My guess is the buyer damaged it removing it from the toploader. He is returning it via ebays return policy. Maybe he is super picky and there is some nearly invisible crease we missed on listing it in which case we will happily refund. If he damaged it (he claims there is a major horizontal crease which again there was not)- is it worth fighting on ebay or is it a lost cause since my son only as 110 feedbacks and this guy has 5000+. Does the seller ever win if he isn't a big customer for ebay?
It isn't big $ and that is not the issue. Just the principal of it all. The buyers statements imply we are deceitful which we are not. He claims we should have mentioned the major creases (there aren't any). Meanwhile I went on his for sale list and he does have some items with major visible creases he doesn't list in the description.
Any input here? Thanks
Old 02-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
My son has been selling some signed cards I gave him to help with his mortgage- vintage signed- anywhere in the $10-$1000 range. He recently sold a 1961 Topps Drysdale.Buyer was someone who buys and sells. He claims the card has major creases despite the picture on ebay showing it didn't. My guess is the buyer damaged it removing it from the toploader. He is returning it via ebays return policy. Maybe he is super picky and there is some nearly invisible crease we missed on listing it in which case we will happily refund. If he damaged it (he claims there is a major horizontal crease which again there was not)- is it worth fighting on ebay or is it a lost cause since my son only as 110 feedbacks and this guy has 5000+. Does the seller ever win if he isn't a big customer for ebay?
It isn't big $ and that is not the issue. Just the principal of it all. The buyers statements imply we are deceitful which we are not. He claims we should have mentioned the major creases (there aren't any). Meanwhile I went on his for sale list and he does have some items with major visible creases he doesn't list in the description.
Any input here? Thanks
Depending on the amount of money I would let it go and concentrate on positive things. Doing stuff on principle is great and all, but in my experience, it's usually counterproductive. I am not saying I haven't done the "principle" thing a million times, as I have, but most times I look back and think I shouldn't have done whatever it was I did, out of principle. And I am sure there will be something I do out of principle in the future too. And most likely I will look back on that and say the same thing, shouldn't have done it. There is my 1 cent worth...
Old 02-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Bry@n

Is it possible that the damage occurred during shipping? You might be able to file an insurance claim for the loss due to the damage if so.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Richard D

Default 1 cent?

Great advice Leon, worth far more than a penny, and gleaned, I suspect, if my experience is any indication, from much more than one penny's worth of living life. Being right is often not worth as much as letting go.

As my dogs say, in so many words, "Sniff it, pee on it, kick dirt on it, and walk away from that sh*t."

Richard D
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Michael

Leon- I agree put hate when my integrity is attacked. It doesn't happen often so it just bothers me. Thanks for that input. I did respond to him on ebay messages but maybe I shouldn't
It wasn't shipped with insurance and he didn't say the package was damaged and it was packed super carefully (bubble wrap envelope, top loader with cardboard on both sides) so no shipping damage. Also another card was sent and packed with it that he was OK with.
My son has sold over $10,000 worth of cards in this lot. This is only $31- and so it is not the $
At 63 years old and in decent financial shape I have tried to avoid people with alot of baggage so when I run into some I take things personally and it can be disturbing when accused
Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

A couple of years ago, I bought a raw 1957 Topps Clemente on eBay that was described as NM. When I got the card I was thrilled and shared my purchase with a fellow board member by emailing him the seller's eBay scans (the seller's scans were better than I could do at the time). From the scans, the board member saw a huge horizontal crease on the back of the card (didn't show through to the front) that ran the entire width of the card. He asked me if I noticed it which I did not. Sure enough, he was right. I emailed the seller to inform him that I would be returning it. The seller told me that he hadn't noticed a crease, but allowed me to return it for a full refund. I put the card in a top loader and marked on the top loader exactly where the crease was so he could easily identify it once he got it back. He got it back, refunded my money, but still claimed he couldn't see the crease even with the card in hand and having it marked on the top loader exactly where it was.

My point is, sometimes we do miss things like that - even with the card in hand.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
Leon- I agree put hate when my integrity is attacked. It doesn't happen often so it just bothers me. Thanks for that input. I did respond to him on ebay messages but maybe I shouldn't
It wasn't shipped with insurance and he didn't say the package was damaged and it was packed super carefully (bubble wrap envelope, top loader with cardboard on both sides) so no shipping damage. Also another card was sent and packed with it that he was OK with.
My son has sold over $10,000 worth of cards in this lot. This is only $31- and so it is not the $
At 63 years old and in decent financial shape I have tried to avoid people with alot of baggage so when I run into some I take things personally and it can be disturbing when accused
You got 10 yrs on me so you know what I am saying....

I get my integrity questioned too.... and it sucks. But most times....(see my first sentence)
Old 02-14-2015, 10:47 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Depending on the amount of money I would let it go and concentrate on positive things. Doing stuff on principle is great and all, but in my experience, it's usually counterproductive. I am not saying I haven't done the "principle" thing a million times, as I have, but most times I look back and think I shouldn't have done whatever it was I did, out of principle. And I am sure there will be something I do out of principle in the future too. And most likely I will look back on that and say the same thing, shouldn't have done it. There is my 1 cent worth...
+1