NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Default Collecting Roger Staubach

Roger Staubach was my boyhood hero. He represented everything, not only a football player should be, but a human being should be.

Roger Staubach won the Heisman Trophy in 1963 after his junior year at the US Naval Academy.
During his three varsity seasons at Navy, Staubach completed 63% of his 463 pass attempts, an unheard of Percentage at that time.

Following the completion of a mandatory five-year military commitment, including a tour of duty in Vietnam, Roger did not join the Cowboys until he was 27.
But he made the most of the next decade.

He won 16 of his first 17 starts, and over the course of his nine years as the Cowboys starter won an amazing 73% of their games.

In the play that defined the still-popular term for a last-minute miracle pass, Staubach's 50 yard "Hail Mary" Touchdown throw to Drew Pearson in the final seconds of the 1975 NFC Divisional Playoff game, stunned the Minnesota Vikings and gave Dallas a 17-14 vicory.

Four times he led the NFL in passing(1971,'73, '78 and '79)and Was a six time Pro Bowl choice.

Roger Staubach was the consummate gentleman. Over the course of his 11-year career Roger Staubach came to symbolize the excellence of the 1970's Cowboys, leading them to Five NFC Titles, Four Super Bowl apperances and Two Championships.

Roger Staubach possessed a rare combination of Passing, Running and Leadership Skills that led the Cowboys to wins in close games, Including 23 come from behind victories and an unbelievable .737 winning percentage!

He did it again in his final home game against division-rival washington Redskins on 12/16/79, Staubach led Dallas from a 34-21 fourth-quarter deficit to a thrilling 35-34 win. Staubach conected with Tony Hill for the game-winning TD pass with seconds remaining on the clock.

Roger Staubach retired as the NFL's All-Time Passing leader with an 83.4 passer rating and he did it all in the "dead ball" era without the benefit of today's modern passing rules that allow even the NFL's worst QB's to throw for 300 yards and a few TD's virtually every game.

Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985, his 1st year of eligibility

Roger Staubach is regarded by many as the man that sparked a Cowboy dynasty that saw the team reel off 20 consecutive winning seasons.

He is without question the greatest quarterback Ive ever seen play.

Board Member Jim(Tex) and I have been going back and forth with our Roger Staubach cards. We were both surprised and unaware that there were so many newer cards release. Of course we had to have them as we both agreed that there is no such thing as a "bad" Roger Staubach card.

John F. Clayes (JFC)
http://www.unisquare.com/store/bigredone1944/

Last edited by BigRedOne; 11-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Bob Lemke

I agree on Staubach's credentials as a player and as a man.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM

Hi Bob

Thanks for posting the fantastic 52 Bowman Roger Staubach!

Your gallery of custom cards is just simply remarkable. I do believe I have view a few of them in the past. Are they actual printed cards?

I absolutely love this one!

The Forrest Gump one is great as well!! Very nice stuff you have there in your gallery.

Now more Collecting Roger Staubach, The Greatest quarterback Ive ever seen.

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 197
School: Navy
First Pro season: 1969
Born: 2-5-42
Home: Dallas, Texas

Roger enjoyed a superb season in 1971 as he led the Cowboys to the NFL Worlds Championship. He was voted as MVP of the 1972 Super Bowl and named to all-star teams of almost every poll, as he also led the NFL in passing with an unheard of 104.8 passer rating. One of the outstanding collegiate players of all time, he was winner of the Heisman trophy as a junior at Navy.

John F. Clayes (JFC)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Bob Lemke

Yes, I print all of my custom cards in "actual" size, front and back.

I usually print a sheet of eight or nine, spending on size.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards