NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Default POSTING BAD DEALS OR SCAMMING THIEFS THROUGH CARD DEALS OR EBAY

Posted By: Jason

I post from time to time and was wondering if any of you had any bad experiences with ebay thieves or anyone else in "offline" experiences. If so could we post some names or dealers to warn others against? I have heard about a dealer from Canada stealing money and have had a bad experience from a New York resident. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

to name names. I'm sure other people also had this experience: I was about to contribute the name of an S.O.B. to this thread, when I remembered that I'd also gotten a GREAT card from him.

When you're checking out a new auction person on ebay, don't just look at his feedback; look at his auctions for the past month. If he's selling what should be pretty desiable cards and they always go cheap--something's rotten in the state of Manitoba. Got two of the most dog-eared cards I'd ever collected from this guy. Real cheap! (want 'em?) "ex-mint" and "near mint"!

Old 01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

My all time worst dealer so far is David Festberg, He has NO idea how to grade and has a Zero Return policy. I have had some other questionable deals but they at least did something (generally not much) to correct the problem. But FESTBERG auctions is terrible.

As far as ebay, never bid on private auctions or sellers have private feedback. What are they hiding, usually alot.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I am mainly concerned with "off" ebay deals and other bad thieves out there that tend to have great feedback and or a great reputation. The guy I dealt with from NY for over 4 years I had done numerous $10K+ transactions with and he built a great rapport and seemed like a great guy before taking people for considerable amounts of $$$. Also a tie in from a Big dealer from Frederickton in Canada. I would just like to know any other experiences like these. I already have a list of over 12 names of victims from these two guys and am trying to compile a larger list as well as find out any other similar deadbeats to stay away from.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Also any input from any attorneys who post here would be greatly appreciated on how to handle such criminals.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John Wojak

I've won a few items from Festberg in his auctions and have to say that as long as you bid with the understanding that he overgrades everything by 2-3 grades, I have not had bad experiences. If he calls a card Ex then in all probability it isn't even VG/EX, its VG or G/VG. What he calls VG is usually Fair or, at best, F/G. When I've bid with that in mind, I've gotten a couple of nice cards. But I have never tried to return anything, so I don't know how he deals with that.