NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 05-10-2020, 08:00 PM

Default Small Traditions? Anyone had issues?

My brother and I purchased a handful of things in a recent Small Traditions auctions. I was stunned by how they shipped the cards—when we got them, a nice lot of 53 Topps, the cards were partially out of the sleeves, a ruined Jackie Jansen among a dozen or so cards just flopping around. The case for a Lee Smith rookie was cracked. It was a mess.

So we reached out. Once. Twice. Three times. Called. Nothing. Crickets.

Anyone else had this experience with them? Shipping problems happen, but the lack of any response is disappointing.

https://imgur.com/a/whfEiNv

Last edited by Piquettethecat; 05-10-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Robert Williams

I am looking at their most recent auction. I don't see any Lee Smith rookies that are graded in their auction. I also don't see any raw 1953 Topps. Do you have a link of what you won?
Old 05-11-2020, 04:32 AM

I am not 100% positive, but I feel like Small Traditions was outed by BODA as being a potential (and if so significant) card doctor. So you may have more than one type of condition issue.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I am looking at their most recent auction. I don't see any Lee Smith rookies that are graded in their auction. I also don't see any raw 1953 Topps. Do you have a link of what you won?
The auction is actually not the last one, but the one previous to the last one. Materials took forever to get to us.

I posted this yesterday and shockingly today we finally got a response. They say every auction house in the world packs their cards in binder sleeves and sending across the Canadian/US border must have somehow caused all the cards to fall out of the sleeves.

Right.

Anyway, they did offer to fix the situation, even if it took 6 weeks of emails to get it done. So that's something.

Last edited by Piquettethecat; 05-11-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I am 100% certain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I am not 100% positive, but I feel like Small Traditions was outed by BODA as being a potential (and if so significant) card doctor. So you may have more than one type of condition issue.
They were!

Fortunately I had only purchased a half dozen cards from them - after measuring and magnifying them I found 1 that was clearly trimmed (and graded by PSA) - a 1964 PSA 9 Kahns Clemente. I contacted them - they took it back and promptly refunded me.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Recommend that anyone considering buying from small traditions read the entire thread on blowout about small traditions before purchasing anything. I have no other information but there is a lot on the blowout thread.

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piquettethecat View Post
...and sending across the Canadian/US border must have somehow caused all the cards to fall out of the sleeves.
Yeah that Canada /USA border has this mystic property, similar to the Bermuda Triangle, where cards fall out of their holders flying in the Fed Ex plane.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:28 PM

I've done plenty of US/Canada business, both sending and receiving. I don't believe there's a mystery vortex that bumps cards out of the sleeves and wrecks some of the best cards. Sloppiness.

Interestingly, after nearly two months of no replies, I put up a note on here yesterday and suddenly we received a reply and offer of some money back to make it right. I also posted at them on Twitter, and given my background, I actually have a relatively sizeable following, so that surely helped.

Anyway, I'd forgotten the BO Cards note. Should pay more careful attention.