NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Default Rookie Jackie Robinson Signed Album Page With Branch Rickey and Harold Parrott!!!

I will defer to those on this board who have been collecting and dealing in autographs far longer than I have, but I personally have never seen a item that was signed by Robinson and Rickey and Brooklyn Dodgers travelling secratery Harold Parrott....and noone else.

This album page was signed on May 10 1947. This is evidenced by the hand written notations beside Robinson's signature as well as above the signature of Parrott. For final provenance, I will include another page from the album, signed on the same day by Pee Wee Reese, which contains a ticket from the game.

This was Robinson's first trip to Philadelphia, where he encountered the most vitriol that he would ever have to endure. He later described it as being almost enough to break him. It was at this time, on this very day, that he signed this album, as did two men who were central figures in bringing him to Brooklyn.

The Robinson signature has been cut and pasted onto the sheet, but this was absolutely done a very long time ago...most likely at the time the autograph album was compiled in the late 1940's.

I have to think that the chance to obtain a rookie Jackie Robinson signature on the same page as Rickey and Parrrott with unassailable provenance won't come around again. The emergence of the new film "42" will only heighten interest in not only Robinson, but Rickey and even Parrott who plays a key role in the film.

Asking $995 for both pages.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 06-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Scott

can only say.

WOW
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Jason C.

I'm with Scott--WOW. Been staring at this for a good 15 minutes. Just...WOW.

Good luck with the sale. I can't imagine it will last long.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Tom,

If I only had the money...and I don't expect it to be around much longer.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Thanks guys. I paid pretty well on it and am not completely sure what sort of premium a piece like this should carry as unique as it is...hopefully you are correct about it not lasting much longer.

Tom C
Old 04-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Default Robinson

PM sent
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Still available...

Tom C
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Only and final price drop...
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Default Still Available

Just a friendly bump to let anyone interested know that this historic piece is still available.

Tom C
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I am looking to move out some of my higher ticket items and concentrate more on lower priced quantity type items. As such, I am lowering my prices on all bigger ticket items to my lowest possible price. No negotiation required. You want it at the price, it's yours.

Tom C

Once in a lifetime type of piece.