NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 PM
ErikV

Default Shout Out to PSA

I know the board beats up on PSA quite a bit, but I had a positive experience
with them that I felt should be recognized.

I submitted a Walter Johnson to PSA a number of years ago (scan on the
lower left). Friday I was browsing ebay and noticed the same Walter Johnson
(E120 American Caramel) card for sale (scan on the lower right.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1410784...ectorid=229466

In looking at the label on my card, I realized it was mislabeled. I called
customer service and the lady who answered was very courteous and helpful.
She requested front and back scans of the card, which I provided. Monday
morning I got an email from her stating that the card was in fact mislabeled.
She provided me instructions for resubmitting to have the label corrected.
She said there would not be any charge or shipping fees, and, for the
inconvenience as well as the postage I paid to send the card to them, I get a
free submission.

So, I wanted to give a deserved kudos to PSA for making things right!

ErikV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e122johnson.jpg (75.2 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg e120johnson_correct.jpg (69.2 KB, 392 views)
Old 07-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Rob Ruddy

I've had no complaints with the service I've received from PSA. We mostly hear the negative stuff but they do deserve praise when praise is due.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Glyn Parson

Default Last week

I was in their woodbridge NJ office, dropping off a rather large submission, and was treated excellently. I have nothing but praise for the way I was handled by Devin. He was friendly and professional and I look forward to dropping off another order next month.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:15 PM
ErikV

Default Shout Out to PSA

PSA used to have a once-a-month public Friday's, or something along that
name in their main Orange County office. The public was allowed to walk-in
to the lobby with coins, cards, autographs, etc for submissions. I went there
often, and I really wish they'd consider bringing that back again.

ErikV
Old 07-22-2014, 02:26 PM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Default Psa

Glyn,
I didnt know that PSA had a Woodbridge NJ Office. I have some cards that I would like to Submit and would rather drop them off if that is an Option.
Please post the Woodbridge address .

Thanks
John P
Old 07-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Glyn Parson

Default I think You need an appointment.

I dont know if they have it, the address, public or not but its across the street from the Wegman's and down about 2-3 blocks from the mall. It is in a rather nice office building on the 7th floor. There is security and you have to be cleared before they let you up. Ill look up Devins email and PM it to you and I am sure he will help you out.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:34 PM

(Woodbridge, New Jersey) -- The new eastern U.S. office of Professional Sports Authenticator (www.PSAcard.com) and PSA/DNA Authentication Services now is open in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Collectors and dealers who want to submit items in person at the office or set up an onsite autograph authentication at their location are invited to call for appointments at (800) 325-1121.

All items submitted by mail to PSA and PSA/DNA must still be directed as in the past to the California office. The California office number is (800) 325-1121.

"Initial demand for services in the New Jersey office is expected to be very high, so we're cordially asking everyone to be patient while we schedule appointments and onsite visits as quickly as possible over the first few weeks," said Joe Orlando, President of PSA and PSA/DNA, divisions of Collectors Universe, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLCT).

"We've opened the eastern U.S. office to meet the increasing needs of collectors and dealers, especially in the hobby of autograph collecting. We've been planning this major expansion for months, and everyone is excited that it's now open. The new office is centrally located between the heart of New York City and Philadelphia, at the intersection of the Garden State Parkway and The New Jersey Turnpike in Woodbridge, and it will improve turnaround times on many submissions," Orlando explained.

At the present time, only autographs will be processed at the New Jersey office. However, all other items will be accepted for submission, such as trading cards, tickets, original photographs, unopened packs and game-used items. These items will be shipped by the PSA staff to the appropriate destination for processing.

"We'll be able to encapsulate authenticated items in the New Jersey office, such as autographed cuts and autographed cards. It also will be easier and more convenient for people in that region to submit larger items, such as autographed bats and helmets, without mailing them," said Orlando.

In the future, the New Jersey office plans to host open submission days, similar to the "PSA Fridays" in California where the public can personally submit items and meet PSA and PSA/DNA staff members. Announcements about that will be made later.

For a list of PSA and PSA/DNA services go to www.psacard.com/Services.

Professional Sports Authenticator (www.PSAcard.com) is the largest and most trusted third-party grading and authentication company in the world. PSA is the preferred choice of collectors, dealers and auction houses worldwide. PSA has processed over 18 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value over $1 billion dollars.

Founded by PSA in 1998 in response to widespread counterfeiting, forgery and piracy of autographed collectibles, PSA/DNA is the world's leading third-party authentication service for autographs and memorabilia.

For additional information, contact PSA Customer Service by phone at (800) 325-1121 or by email at info@psacard.com.

REFERENCE:
http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...rs-and-dealers
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Default Psa

Glyn and Sean Thanks for the Info. I live 15 minutes from Woodbridge and being able to drop off my submissions would be great.

Regards
John P