NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Default WSSCA card show June 2-3 in Seattle, WA

Posted By: Andrew

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) card show is coming up June 2nd and 3rd. This is the 35th annual show put on by WSSCA, making it the longest running card show in the US. The WSSCA show perhaps is the only show left in the Pacific Northwest containing pre-war material after the demise of the Tacoma Dome shows.

There will be 45 tables. Mark Macrae will be setting up at the show. Myself, along with a few others, will also be setting up with vintage material. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

This show has been held at the Seattle Center in the past. However, this year the show has moved to Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me an email. I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew Jerome
callmefugazi@yahoo.com

Old 05-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

like... THIS weekend!!! I was looking on the Intar-Web today to see when the show was and it didn't fully Click that it was THIS weekend - I would love to be there both days but will most likely be there Sunday - I went to Einstein when it was held at Cordell Hull (which my mom attended) before the school turned into Meridian Park (which my brother went to) - and I went to Highschool up the hill

I know the place, should be fun!

I will be bringing my Freshly Graded T205 and T202 doubles for trading - hope to see a few of you there -

Russ

Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

I'll be there. Not sure which day yet.

Rob

Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I'll for sure be there! This is the only show close enough to me to go to without a major trip being involved, but im gonna have to get on the phone and find someone to cover a workshift for me! I didnt realize it was this weekend!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Administrator

Will there be a decent selection of PCL material? If it's anything like the Portlant shows, I'll probably pass.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 06-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I really wish I could be there, but this weekend is really crazy for me and I live in Portland. I have gone up to the Tacoma Dome show a few times in the past. Is this one fairly regular? Once a year? More often?
JimB

Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

The show is done once a year. Should be some PCL stuff there... I asked Mark Macrae to bring some Zeenuts-

Matt

Old 06-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Administrator

If anyone's wondering if there will be vintage material at this show this weekend, the answer is YES.

The Slackjob guys (Andrew and Matt) will have a nice table and Mark Macrae always has some nice stuff.

Jim B: This is the same show as the annual Seattle Center show, but it's moved this year.

Rob

Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Darn, I couldn't make it. Please tell me all about the Portland PCL cards you saw, so I can second guess not going all weekend.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator

I'll be there a little later today, i'll let you guys know what i see when i get back

Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Went to the show yesterday. Showed up for the last hour which was fine because most the booths were set up with modern or '50's material which i dont collect. I did work out a deal with Andrew, who started this thread, for an E104 Nadja. While there wasn't much vintage there, the few booths that had vintage had lots and lots of zeenuts, and there were several that were really nice around EX with coupons still attatched at one table. I get the feeling that most of these smaller shows probably are better suited for post war collectors then us pre war guys, but i still had a good time.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

That's disappointing to hear... I was unable to make it either day to this show because I was working. This is pretty much the ONLY vintage card show in seattle. PERIOD.

There's a card show at the totem late mall every month or so which is all Pokemon and shiny stuff and one at the everett mall which is the same. The WSSCA show is "the oldest and best of it's kind in the country"

I had actually been e-mailing with Mark Mcrae, who had an AMAZING list and TONS of Zeenuts, but not really any T205 or T206 cards - He's one I would have liked to meet at the show.

I'm still for trying to organize something (Pacific Northwest-y) for this board and maybe starting with a Monthly lunch thing and eventually maybe renting a conference room and tables and advertising to get some of the public interested in the Pre-War - We could start our own show - and if we can keep the shiny stuff OUT...

Logistics... hmm... thinking... I tried to get a group together last year frmo the NW and got a pretty good response but it never turned into anything - It might be time to start organizing these things again... E-mail me ambrosia2@hotmail.com if anyone wants to try to get together.

p.s. i guess i just hijacked this thread - i may re-post in another thread in an hour or so when I feel like C+P-ing... lol

Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Count me in for a regular NW/Portland meeting.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Also, please email me the names of any dealers that were selling Zeenuts (if you care to share.) I'm just looking for one more: any 1915 Portland player.

opcyaz@hotmail.com

Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Mark Mcrae's list is inexhaustable, write him and ask for his Zeenut list- i'm sure you can find something there... he's very approachable and has a LOT of cards...

this is his e-mail -- Buzzarlett@aol.com

Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks,

Mark and I have spoken on a number of occasions, definitely a class act. My knowledge on PCLs has certainly increased since speaking with him and some of his contacts. Unfortunately, he has no 1915 Zeenut Portlander. No Thorpe either. :--) I do have different email for him.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Russ, I'm all for a show being organized in the area that is suited for pre war collectors, and not just another generic sports collectables show. Keep me informed on any plans you have

Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I would also support a NW vintage show, or even a gathering of a handful of us. I am in Portland, but would be willing to drive up to Seattle. Maybe if there are more in Portland, it could rotate back and forth between Seattle and Portland.
JimB

Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

A few of us have been planning a vintage "meet up" in Seattle lately.
It's hard to decide on a place where we could actually sit down and folks could bring cards and such, but maybe we'll just try something out.

We were thinking Thursday evenings though.

Rob

Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Administrator

I'm starting a new thread--- we'll all migrate there so maybe more people can read it other than the 6 or 7 of us that are still reading this card show thread... lol...